www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 03-03-21, 18:36   #35421
xdesperado_
Explorer

Gammas are in the sewers, and the Betas are in the hospital.
xdesperado_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 18:38   #35422
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzi master View Post
I cant remember which is gamma and beta, but they mean the ones that you fight in the hospital. (They are not the same as the re1/revelations hunters)

Or at least yeaux meant those ones.

Oh right sorry. Yes the hunter Gammas are the sewer ones. The ones in the hospital are indeed a nuisance. Sometimes it seems a bit hit and miss what hurts them too. I always try and kill the two in the ward on 2F by during them to the door and throwing a grenade but one never seems to get hurt and they seem to be able to react before Carlos' 'open door' ani plays put so you get a nice claw to the face for your efforts.

Last edited by jajay119; 03-03-21 at 18:39.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 20:47   #35423
KylieDog
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
I really can't understand people that consider 2 & 3 originals better than remakes.

I mean just compare the gameplay advantages that the remakes have over original versions:

-No loading screen when going from one room to another.

-No 1 second loading when the camera changes angle.(On PS1 every time you moved out of camera you had the game loading the next screen)

-You have to actually aim manually with your weapon than using an easy auto aim.

--The tank controls got eleminated to give you better movements.

-You have a much better camera than the original ones.(In the original ones you sometimes ran in the zombies due to not seeing them outside of camera.)

-The inventory loading is faster and you can add 4 shortcuts for weapons.(In the original you have to pause the game to change your weapon)

-Much better bossfight battles due to better camera and movements.(3 Original Nemesis fights were badly designed with the game forcing you to mash buttons to escape Nemesis's grab or making Jill stand after falling)

-You don't have the spider enemies in 2&3 which were the most useless enemy types in the original games.(after they nerfed them from the deadly spiders they were in 1 original.)

-You can skip cutscenes which in 2 original you couldn't even do that in majority versions.

-Stairs are better balanced in remakes than 3 original.(Zombies don't even grab you on stairs in 3 original)

-The removal of the choice system in 3 remake isn't really a bad idea since the choice system forces you to replay the game to get the full story.(Which forces you to replay the same game over and over again for just seeing some different cutscenes in some areas)
Onimusha 2 had lots of different cutscenes that you can't see them in your first playthrough which makes some characters appear underdeveloped in the first playthrough.
There was something very wrong with your PS1 if you were getting a 1 second pause between camera changes, it was instant 99% of the time with a very rare 'jutter' change, but never a pause.

- Games had manual aim, auto wasn't the only option.

- Tanks controls are fine, enemy encounters are designed about them and placing limits helps balance the games. REmake/0 HD showed how 3D movement breaks the games and ruins balanced.

- The camera in the olds games provides a better horror atmosphere, using angles you might get in horror movies (especially in RE1) and providing fear of the unknown, like in horror movies.

- Don't be hating spiders, they popular for a reason with real life phobias translating on screen.

- You saying great replay value being removed is a positive? Is your entire post a joke? Have a fallen for it?
KylieDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 21:04   #35424
Johnnay
Tomb Raider

Despite all the female leads in RE1,2,3,CV,0 and any I missed had a female lead, the only difference between Code Veronica and the others is that it was a brother/sister lead (and there is Steve but you play him for 2 seconds) compared to other games where they weren’t blood related and they were all strangers to each other (except RE1 since Jill and Chris knew each other)

Though for RE0 you never control a male in that game ( I think) at least which fans would love but Rebecca... Rebecca... of all people
Old 03-03-21, 21:07   #35425
KylieDog
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinkula View Post
It really annoys me in the R3make that Jill doesn't go to the RPD like in the original, like you guys stated. She doesn't even say anything when you go down the driveway ramp down to the parking garage doors...
Lots of things bothered me in RE3R as wasted, but one that really sticks out is the shower room in RPD, in RE2R it's hinted something big went through there, I always thought the devs hinted at the Tyrant early since RE2R failed to drop any other 'hooks' for a potential RE3 Remake, though I did hope I was wrong and it was a Nemesis hint.

... And it turns out it was just Carlos with a bomb. What a waste. Should have been Jill at RPD and should have been Nemesis destroying the place chasing her.
Old 03-03-21, 21:16   #35426
dg1995
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieDog View Post
There was something very wrong with your PS1 if you were getting a 1 second pause between camera changes, it was instant 99% of the time with a very rare 'jutter' change, but never a pause.

- Games had manual aim, auto wasn't the only option.

- Tanks controls are fine, enemy encounters are designed about them and placing limits helps balance the games. REmake/0 HD showed how 3D movement breaks the games and ruins balanced.

- The camera in the olds games provides a better horror atmosphere, using angles you might get in horror movies (especially in RE1) and providing fear of the unknown, like in horror movies.

- Don't be hating spiders, they popular for a reason with real life phobias translating on screen.

- You saying great replay value being removed is a positive? Is your entire post a joke? Have a fallen for it?
1.They didn't have manual/precise aiming. And without auto aim the combat was less fun and more annoying.(Which is why they kept the auto aim in RE 1 remake and RE CV)

2.REs spiders were never scary. Even Doom 3 and Thief 1 had scarier Spiders.

3.It's not a replay value when it's the same game with few different cutscenes and dialogues.

4.On the consoles there was always a pause when camera angles changed. I could feel it on the Gamecube version of RE 2 and 3.(Only RE CV didn't have that problem)

5.And that camera is pretty bad and limited for bossfight battles.(Which forces developers to make the bossfights easier) also, making players blindly running into the enemies isn't a good way to scare them.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 21:38   #35427
KylieDog
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
1.They didn't have manual/precise aiming. And without auto aim the combat was less fun and more annoying.(Which is why they kept the auto aim in RE 1 remake and RE CV)

2.REs spiders were never scary. Even Doom 3 and Thief 1 had scarier Spiders.

3.It's not a replay value when it's the same game with few different cutscenes and dialogues.

4.On the consoles there was always a pause when camera angles changed. I could feel it on the Gamecube version of RE 2 and 3.(Only RE CV didn't have that problem)

5.And that camera is pretty bad and limited for bossfight battles.(Which forces developers to make the bossfights easier) also, making players blindly running into the enemies isn't a good way to scare them.
1. They do have manual aim, all of them. No red dot laser or reticle, but a complete 'you have to everything manually yourself' aiming option.

2. You can't speak for what other people find scary. Spiders scared plenty of people.

3. If it offers something new in a replay, it is replay value. original RE3 had a lot more than just different cutscene and dialogue for replay value also, and RE3R has none of it.

4. No, there wasn't always a pause. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qI3FX5Sgsvs This is how it should run, if you were getting a 1 second pause something was seriously wrong with your console or disc.

5-1. No, because the games were designed with the camera in mind. If you stand at cameras edge when know is a boss in that direction that isn't bad game design, its bad player behaviour.

5-2. You can hear enemies before seeing them, it isn't like the game doesn’t give warnings, you also have options to draw them into view without moving yourself. Besides, charactes blindly running into enemies is a staple of horror movies, why shouldn't it be for horror games too?
Old 03-03-21, 22:04   #35428
Lord Lulu
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieDog View Post
Lots of things bothered me in RE3R as wasted, but one that really sticks out is the shower room in RPD, in RE2R it's hinted something big went through there, I always thought the devs hinted at the Tyrant early since RE2R failed to drop any other 'hooks' for a potential RE3 Remake, though I did hope I was wrong and it was a Nemesis hint.

... And it turns out it was just Carlos with a bomb. What a waste. Should have been Jill at RPD and should have been Nemesis destroying the place chasing her.
I had the same feelings as well. Such a wasted opportunity is a shame.

In the original RE3 we had many combinations for the gunpowder. While it was a bit annoying with the re-loader, it was immersive for some people. They streamlined this in the remake to it's detriment. I never made many freeze rounds myself but I don't think they needed to be removed.
Old 03-03-21, 22:42   #35429
matrix54
Tomb Raider

Once you understand the game and play it a few times, the Gun Powder system can be used and abused. It allows the player to make choices, and these choice can shape how the game is played. The options provide variety and can shape the game. The new system doesn't do that.

Like, I can make magnum ammo pretty early in the RE3, but you don't get the magnum until the hospital. Meanwhile, in RE3, if I make magnum ammo, I'll get the magnum either at the police station (just before I can make it) or the substation (once I have the ability to make more again).

Forgoing several other ammo types for a super weapon to wreck nemesis, the the grenade launcher affords versatility.
Old 03-03-21, 22:43   #35430
TrustyBow
Professor

As much as I was disappointed in RE3R, it sucks not seeing the game get any voice acting award nominations. Jill, Carlos and Nicolai were all great.

Jill's actress in particular is one of the best to come from the post RE7 games.