www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 07-03-21, 07:37   #35461
Uzi master
Relic Hunter

Okay okay, the point is Jill's swearing was infrequent and mild. Suddenly swearing like a sailor just doesn't make sense. It would be equally as jarring if Moira showed up again, never swore, and told other characters not to.
Uzi master is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-21, 10:37   #35462
matrix54
Tomb Raider

I think people are confusing swearing used sparingly, used to express character stress and/or to add emphasis to situation, with ďPeople swear all the time so itís realistic.Ē

People swear so much in the new games, their impact is completely lost. Moira swearing a lot is part of her character (clearly young and rebellious), but as said, Jill swear to excess isnít like her. It felt out of place and itís like she was swearing just to swear in the RE3 remake.

Jill swearing in the Remake was used correctly, so it flew under the radar. We barely even remembered.
Old 07-03-21, 17:50   #35463
dg1995
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieDog View Post
She says sh** a few times in REmake. When she tries calling Brad on the radio for example.

People swear in real life for less, it doesn't seem out of place to me. If anything the lack of swearing in older games feels the more 'wrong' of the two.
Guess all characters in RE games should swear like Demo Dick to be realistic.

Mod Edit: Video removed due to censor circumvention.

Kinda ironic that Core Design was somehow responsible for that game.

Last edited by jackali; 07-03-21 at 22:09.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-21, 22:56   #35464
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

I actually never played REmake before I started for the first time other day.

I don't love the fixed camera angles, it takes a while to really get used to and it's still annoying, but I can definitely understand the appeal of this game. It's strangely relaxing to play I think and it has gorgeous aesthetics. I can't believe how good a game from 2002 looks, they could probably update the character models to be slightly more realistic and it could pass for a AAA game released in the past decade.

Unfortunately I probably can't get the most out of it right now because my arachnophobia is so cripplingly bad, it makes games that have spiders pretty inaccessible. I think I need therapy for it so I can enjoy gaming more. I want to love this game and play it with no limits.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 07-03-21 at 22:57.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-21, 23:02   #35465
xdesperado_
Explorer

I dread the Lisa Trevor cabin & tunnel encounters more than anything in REmake.
xdesperado_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-21, 23:16   #35466
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

No joke, I looked up when in the game they appear before playing because I'm not having a heart attack when they're unexpectedly dropped on top of me.

I have to spoil parts of the game for myself. Though tbf I already get the gist of the storyline based on playing later games in the series.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-21, 23:27   #35467
trfan16
Archaeologist

In OG RE1, you can actually avoid all of the spider encounters except for one key location. I think the REmake forces all of the spider encounters though. But yeah, the graphics in REmake hold up well even in 2021. The REmake Mansion is very faithful to the OG Mansion but adds additional areas and a lot of the optional rooms were made mandatory. That is the expectation I had for years for a RE2 and RE3 remake. But those games had a much higher bar though than RE1 Remake.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 00:35   #35468
Lord Lulu
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
No joke, I looked up when in the game they appear before playing because I'm not having a heart attack when they're unexpectedly dropped on top of me.

I have to spoil parts of the game for myself. Though tbf I already get the gist of the storyline based on playing later games in the series.
Just make sure to burn the zombies or blow off their heads.
Old 08-03-21, 06:44   #35469
killchan
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
It's strangely relaxing to play I think and it has gorgeous aesthetics. I can't believe how good a game from 2002 looks, they could probably update the character models to be slightly more realistic and it could pass for a AAA game released in the past decade.
It could, yes, since the environments are prerendered.

Here's a mod to up 'em a little it.

https://residentevilmodding.boards.n...round-released
Old 08-03-21, 12:45   #35470
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

I've just seen a video on Youtube of the naked Carlos Mod, his little mercenary has physics .