www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 24-03-21, 21:27   #35541
robm_2007
Legend

A mod of Jill replacing Claire in RE2make is a more faithful RE3make than the one we got :,)
Old 24-03-21, 22:28   #35542
Tsarina
Explorer

I have been trying to play with mods but they don't seem to be working for me. I downloaded the fluffy mod but can't seem to get any mods working, clearly I am not familiar with this stuff. Anyone have an easy to follow guide on how to use them?
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-21, 11:46   #35543
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdesperado_ View Post
This mod is brilliant, the way Carlos' sound bite was used for Jill's name though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
A mod of Jill replacing Claire in RE2make is a more faithful RE3make than the one we got :,)
I half expected to hear "you want STARS? I'll give you ST-augh!" at the beginning of that video.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-21, 14:14   #35544
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
IMO the fans should make their own remake it'd be a hell of a lot better than the piece of that we got.

If Capcom try to stop us we'll just say you had your chance and you it up move aside and let someone else show you how to properly remake a game.

Should Capcom need a reminder as to how to properly remake a game they don't have to look very far, all they have to do is look at the RE1 and RE2 remakes.

The RE3MAKE should never have been released in the state that it was in, Capcom should have restarted development from scratch and made a better RE3MAKE one with no cut content and no unnecessary multiplayer.

Capcom have restarted development on Resident Evil games in the past when things weren't working out the way they planned, the original RE2 was very close to completion when it was scrapped due to being not good enough and RE4 was scrapped 4 times before the final version of the game was released.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-21, 14:34   #35545
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
IMO the fans should make their own remake it'd be a hell of a lot better than the piece of that we got.

If Capcom try to stop us we'll just say you had your chance and you it up move aside and let someone else show you how to properly remake a game.
Ooh we got a revolutionary leader here. Power to the people.

Yeah and get hit with a lawsuit.

Fans can't make games that have the production value of a contemporary AAA game at home anyway. I'm sure some very passionate fans probably could make a decent lower budget remake, but it would be indie project quality. Nothing on the level of the official RE2 and 3 remakes' production or even the RE1 remake tbh.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 25-03-21 at 14:36.
Old 25-03-21, 14:45   #35546
xdesperado_
Explorer

RE3R is still a good game, it's just not a great remake. Even when RE2R came out, I knew RE3R wouldn't be able to top it. I haven't touched my second playthrough (after unlocking Jill's STARS uniform) since last summer.

My expectations for RE4R are low, but I'm sure Capcom are working extra hard as it's the fan favourite & there's more anticipation. I'm currently doing another RE4 playthrough with this Leon costume for the first time.

xdesperado_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-21, 15:09   #35547
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Noir Leon >>> Gangster Leon
Old 25-03-21, 19:03   #35548
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Ooh we got a revolutionary leader here. Power to the people.

Yeah and get hit with a lawsuit.

Fans can't make games that have the production value of a contemporary AAA game at home anyway. I'm sure some very passionate fans probably could make a decent lower budget remake, but it would be indie project quality. Nothing on the level of the official RE2 and 3 remakes' production or even the RE1 remake tbh.
Just change the title and a few other things like character names then there can't be a lawsuit, Capcom can't file a lawsuit if someone makes a game set in a city overrun by Zombies that's too generic a setting for Capcom to successfully sue someone.

I'd include an option in the game for anyone that wants to, to change the name back to Resident Evil and do the same thing for character names and if that's not possible just make it a mod Capcom can't sue over a mod can they?

Apart from RE3MAKE and the too focused on action over horror RE5 and RE6 Capcom haven't up too many of their games, at least Capcom didn't do a Konami and wreck Metal Gear Solid with that piece of Metal Gear Survive and make stupid decisions like removing PT from PSN permanently.

The damage Capcom did to Resident Evil by making it too action oriented has been confined to the RE3MAKE and RE5 and RE6, Capcom got Resident Evil back on track with RE7 and the RE2 remake then it up with the RE3MAKE.

Let's not forget Operation Raccoon City another action oriented game which I never played as it was obvious from the pre-release videos what a piece of it was.

It's true that the original RE3 was always more action oriented than RE1 and RE2, the RE3MAKE took it too far by cutting far too much content from the game and putting more of an emphasis on action that the original didn't.

In the original RE3 it wasn't all just about shooting zombies every 5 seconds there were still puzzles to solve, places to visit and items to collect and it felt like you were playing a Resident Evil game, I didn't get that feeling with the RE3MAKE it felt more like I was playing a generic action game.

If the Dino Crisis remake ever happens let's hope that Capcom don't it up like they did with the RE3MAKE.

Last edited by DragonSlayer; 25-03-21 at 21:57.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-21, 20:41   #35549
Vinkula
Legend

Hmm... I see it now. Bill Quarantine, special ops officer of the Baboon City police department being hunted by the (cybernetic) zombie weapon The Scourge. (In the videogame Inhabitant of Ungodly).

Last edited by Vinkula; 25-03-21 at 20:44.
Vinkula is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-21, 21:01   #35550
Mek
Historian

Some time ago I realised that there will be a new movie in the Resident Evil franchise. It's strange a bit, considering the fact that the last film, released in 2016, is The FINAL Chapter...
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote