www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 15-05-21, 23:13   #18361
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
They claimed it was definitely the first entire complete draft.
Ah, right, I wasn't sure what was claimed, thanks. It does seem a peculiar yet specific thing to claim. It definitely puts their reliability as a source into question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
True, I am being too harsh just for the joke.

I mean, I have not been shy about liking the movie and even some of the changes that it made to Lara and the general plot of TR2013. But the movie still ended up too Richard centric and generic. Hopefully Misha can deliver something both fresh and with family drama kept into a minimum.

Still is a bit too family-drama oriented, and a bit too "still part of origin story" for a sequel coming 4 to 5 years after the original, but I wouldn't mind if the movie explored that dynamic either.
Yes, I realised the joke .

I'd be disappointed if Ana wasn't in it. I think it should be possible to include her without piling on the family drama. I mean Ana seemed more of a business partner than a romantic partner for Richard in TR'18, so I think it could work. Just because Ana and Trinity were part of Lara's origin story in the games, doesn't (necessarily) mean the film is still tackling it. The 2018 film felt fairly standalone that way.

I'm wondering if the unified timeline might come into it. We know the Netflix anime is set directly after Shadow, but the movie could still be part of the transition.
Old 16-05-21, 09:13   #18362
Brendanlovesu1
Archaeologist

Considering how important Obsidian is in some mesoamerican cultures, I think the movie will either be adapting/inspired by Shadow of the Tomb Raider, or it will tell an original story taking place in Central or South America.

Regardless, i'm all aboard the hype train now! And it's so cool to have Misha openly sharing some tidbits like this and how pre-production is going! I hope she keeps doing posts like this throughout, and that production starts as soon as possible!
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-21, 21:44   #18363
Robsters85
Historian

for me the news is meh i think Alicia Vikander is not a good choice for Lara, im sure she a fine actress but she doesnt fit lara at all, at least find a british women for heaven sakes and someone with some curves because after all Lara is
Old 16-05-21, 22:24   #18364
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

She's an Oscar winning actress. How many do you have Stella Adler? The role of an actress is to act and interpret a role; not be a pin-up model or an avatar.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-21, 00:10   #18365
JuditePrince12
Archaeologist

Alicia was very good in the first one imo. She just didn't have the best script to work with. She reminds me of a mix between classic and reboot Lara.
Old 17-05-21, 11:51   #18366
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

I really hope the opening of the movie, the first time we see Lara is her training in her manor, preferably with a butler of some sort. Gymnastics, shooting range, different fighting styles, a training area etc... This is what the AJ movies did well imo. We had the tomb robot training area, the target shooting on horseback and Lara training with the sticks.

It would be a good way to showcase the time jump between the movies and also her character.
Old 18-05-21, 00:05   #18367
Child Of Ocean
Hobbyist

Amazon offers to purchase MGM for $9 billion. Don’t know how that would affect the sequel if it MGM accept it
Old 18-05-21, 00:08   #18368
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child Of Ocean View Post
Amazon offers to purchase MGM for $9 billion. Don’t know how that would affect the sequel if it MGM accept it
I don't think this will affect the sequel I'm lost isn't Warner on the project ?
Old 18-05-21, 00:12   #18369
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Warner has INTL distribution but Amazon has their own setup.

If a Tech giant was to buy it I would have said Apple but here we are. DeLuca's impressive line-up puts the studio in a nice sale position as the new owners will have some really great projects like the Gucci Film which already begin filming.

Edit: I think max Apple came in at was 6B.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 18-05-21 at 00:15.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-21, 08:23   #18370
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

I don't think anything changes except exclusive premieres on amazon prime.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote