www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tutorials and Resources

Old 21-01-07, 13:54   #21
BrianSDarkfield
Hobbyist

Hi!
I was wondering how Harly2 made possible to use pictures in menu backgrounds, and if it's possible to use pictures in loading screens like it was in previous Tomb Raider games?
BrianSDarkfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-07, 14:30   #22
Arch
Explorer

What about this one:

Under the water surface every objects and rooms geometry seems to slightly move randomly. How about making them always happening with the PLANT static slots? In this way we can create very realistic plants, leaves and grass moving as wind blows... And you can also create plants that does not move, just copying the same static in another slot!!!

What do you think about it?
Old 21-01-07, 14:48   #23
Piega
Archaeologist

EssGee, you need the number where the red arrow is. I spent hours some time ago on this to get it working. Anyway the effect was dissapointing for me as the shatter is not the same as a shatter slot item. It explodes like an enemy. If the object is one mesh it just jumps around the screen and dissapears. No sound. If the level crashes then the setup of the flipeffect is wrong but I see you got that right. You should try Lara too (always 0) it's funny It only works on animating objects, no statics.

Did you get my project? If you mailed me back it might have been deleted in my spambox.

Last edited by Piega; 21-01-07 at 14:56.
Piega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-07, 15:01   #24
Piega
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
What about this one:

Under the water surface every objects and rooms geometry seems to slightly move randomly. How about making them always happening with the PLANT static slots? In this way we can create very realistic plants, leaves and grass moving as wind blows... And you can also create plants that does not move, just copying the same static in another slot!!!

What do you think about it?
I dont think this is possible as this effect depents on the room and not the object. I dont think it's possible to assign this effect to particular slots as it would take much programming to do that. TREP gives other values to codes but does not program. The idea was nice though
Old 21-01-07, 15:22   #25
BlackGrey
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Having a working boat object, like in TR2 Venice or the kayak in TR3, would be nice. I could use that for my next levelset.

Just wondering...
Wouldn't something like that be possible with a flipeffect?
Something like: "put heavy-trigger for flipeffect 'make vehicle ride on watersurface' on bottom of waterroom or on watersurface"
Then when a vehicle hits water it just keeps on going on the watersurface instead of exploding or submerging.
For a realistic oat ride one would only have to make sure the boat can't get onto the shore.
I've just had an idea, make the vehicle float above the ground in all it's animations of course this would involve some work and making sure the land next to the boat is higher, just a thought.
BlackGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-07, 15:33   #26
cornchild
Student

For the boat,

Remember that tr4 bug that would turn the water solid if you used a certain cheat or something. Could this bug be manipulated to make it triggerable and allow us to have the boat glide across.

I have a request of my own.

Can we have the trc parallel bars. If it is to much trouble could the pole ropes hard coded collision be turned horizontal so that it could be used for the bars instead.

Also in trc it was possible to trigger shatter objects, as it was done in the Trajan markets when you fight that gladiator. After you defeat him a flyby would show the window and then it would shatter open.

Could this be looked at and possibly added to our engine?

Thanks,

Thomas
cornchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-07, 15:39   #27
Piega
Archaeologist

I would love objects to shatter with a trigger. For now I have a different solution (and saves me from finding another solution for MACplayers). Make the item to shatter (window or whatever) in pushable slot1 and adjust collision. When you set it as invisible and trigger it you cannot push it and behaves like any other animating object. Put the hammer object next to it. Texture it invisible and delete the sounds. In the main window of wadmerger disable the collision of the hammer. Dont adjust it in the animation editor! Now Lara cannot interact with it. Put 3 in the ocb of the hammer. Trigger the hammer how you want and you will have a perfect shatter object with sound at your commant.

Last edited by Piega; 21-01-07 at 15:58.
Old 21-01-07, 16:02   #28
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGrey View Post
I've just had an idea, make the vehicle float above the ground in all it's animations of course this would involve some work and making sure the land next to the boat is higher, just a thought.
This will not work because a vehicle is programmed to fall down when the ground is gone (like when driving of a ledge). Changing the animation in such a way that it floats a bit above ground does not change that. I have a floating vehicle in my HM levels and it behaves just the same as the original vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornchild
Can we have the trc parallel bars. If it is to much trouble could the pole ropes hard coded collision be turned horizontal so that it could be used for the bars instead.
You don't need TREP for that. It is already possible to have those TRC parallelbars. It can be done with some clever programming of some of Lara's animations. (the ones for the polerope actually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piega
I would love objects to shatter with a trigger. For now I have a different solution (and saves me from finding another solution for MACplayers). Make the item to shatter in pushable slot1 and adjust collision. When you set it as invisible and trigger it you cannot push it and behaves like any other animating object. Put the hammer object next to it. Texture it invisible and delete the sounds. In the main window of wadmerger disable the collision of the hammer. Dont adjust it in the animation editor! Now Lara cannot interact with it. Put 3 in the ocb of the hammer. Trigger the hammer how you want and you will have a perfect shatter object with sound at your commant.
Such a clever solution!!!
Old 21-01-07, 16:09   #29
cornchild
Student

The current parallel bars do not work 100% correct. Lara does not always align properly and has to grab right in the middle to use them.
cornchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-07, 16:24   #30
HeinzFritz
Explorer

@EssGee: I read your tutorial about irregular portals. Clever discovery! My compliments to your daughter.

Heinz
HeinzFritz is offline   Reply With Quote