www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old Today, 00:21   #25301
LateRaider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Riiiiiiight...
ok you've got me, i'm mandy. despite the fact that i don't have nearly as good of a relationship with my mom, am a man, live in the US whereas i'm pretty sure mandy lives in europe, game on ps4 whereas mandy is a pc-only player, got into TR in 2014 whereas it looks like mandy got into it more recently, have a distinct US-based IP address, and haven't been banned for multiple accounts, i am totally her

here's a selfie for proof
https://i.imgur.com/1LSnyXu.png

i'm the epitome of feminity... 100% female, inside and out... i am mandylane......

lay off the conspiracy theories, mom

edit - btw mandy sorry for dragging you into this

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
Wow! Needy much?
why are you bringing this up, this happened days ago
Old Today, 00:38   #25302
SoraSakai
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
ok you've got me, i'm mandy. despite the fact that i don't have nearly as good of a relationship with my mom, am a man, live in the US whereas i'm pretty sure mandy lives in europe, game on ps4 whereas mandy is a pc-only player, got into TR in 2014 whereas it looks like mandy got into it more recently, have a distinct US-based IP address, and haven't been banned for multiple accounts, i am totally her

here's a selfie for proof
https://i.imgur.com/1LSnyXu.png

i'm the epitome of feminity... 100% female, inside and out... i am mandylane......

lay off the conspiracy theories, mom

edit - btw mandy sorry for dragging you into this

all I said was “riiiiight...” and the only reason I said it is because you responded to so aggressively defensive towards a joke.

You’re not even only doing it to me. It’s obvious that @cephasjames was also just being playful yet you’re responding very apprehensively towards him too.

I’m kinda shocked tbh lol
Old Today, 00:53   #25303
scremanie
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Eh......no reboot has it's own formula. If reboot followed the Tomb Raider formula it would be an entirerly different game.

Fact of the matter is people won't accept reboots formula when it is so far removed from what Tomb Raider offered. If Sqeenix actually decided to pump out a few Tomb Raider games along side reboot then the reaction to reboot wouldn't be as it is and has always been now.

I've said it before, but if they made a Tomb Raider game with the full Tomb Raider experience there would be no reason for me to complain. And I wouldn't, but for me I'm just so tired of the reboot formula and waiting for the impossible at this point.
So the formula of exploring ancient spaces, solving puzzles, finding items, fighting animals and baddies, scaling the environments, crawling through tight spaces, gaining new gear to go back to old spaces to progress, ect... are they not present in both games?

They literally follow the same formula, one just has a larger emphasis on storytelling and bigger set pieces to help evolve the way the player interacts with the environments and character, which is acceptable in today’s standards of gaming mechanics.
Old Today, 01:00   #25304
cephasjames
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
Because I just read it today.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:37   #25305
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scremanie View Post
So the formula of exploring ancient spaces, solving puzzles, finding items, fighting animals and baddies, scaling the environments, crawling through tight spaces, gaining new gear to go back to old spaces to progress, ect... are they not present in both games?

They literally follow the same formula, one just has a larger emphasis on storytelling and bigger set pieces to help evolve the way the player interacts with the environments and character, which is acceptable in today’s standards of gaming mechanics.
Yeah......no it doesn't, but I'm not going to get into it. Been way too much drama over it already.

Believe whatever makes you the most comfortable I guess......¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old Today, 03:19   #25306
LateRaider
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
Because I just read it today.
oh
Old Today, 03:27   #25307
scremanie
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Yeah......no it doesn't, but I'm not going to get into it. Been way too much drama over it already.

Believe whatever makes you the most comfortable I guess......¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean... it does. I’m comfortable with seeing the presence of the classic formula there, especially in Shadow.
Old Today, 11:26   #25308
Zsott
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
all I said was “riiiiight...” and the only reason I said it is because you responded to so aggressively defensive towards a joke.
yeah, right...and I'm the queen of England. smh

you are mostly rude to almost everyone; if not, then you belittle others because...reasons. After that, you play the 'joke' card. Okay.
But hey, keep this attitude up, you weren't banned for months already.

-
Staying on topic:

Is there any biography (besides Lara and Jonah) for SoTR?
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:52   #25309
Heartache
Professor

god, i need news for the last dlc so i dont have to read whatever these conversations in here are supposed to be
Old Today, 12:59   #25310
SoraSakai
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
yeah, right...and I'm the queen of England. smh

you are mostly rude to almost everyone; if not, then you belittle others because...reasons. After that, you play the 'joke' card. Okay.
But hey, keep this attitude up, you weren't banned for months already.

-
Staying on topic:

Is there any biography (besides Lara and Jonah) for SoTR?
Not true at all. I do think mandylane posts way too much nonsense. Things that are next to pointless and almost impossible to respond to. Hence why I responded to it with “Okay.” initially. That part wasn’t a joke at all, and wasn’t what I was referring to when I said I was joking.

The joke part was “I feel like you’re just them on another account lol”.

Me ending something with “lol” is usually a pretty good indicator that I’m kidding-at least I thought so. I’m not rude to anyone. Being rude is subjective. If you find someone responding to “my mother loves Shadow of the Tomb Raider!” with “Okay.” to be rude, then that’s entirely up to you. I can’t control or anticipate what you personally will and won’t find rude. If someone responded to something I said with “Okay” I honestly wouldn’t care at all.

This is a forum. A place where you go to discuss things. I agree personal insults shouldn’t be used, but you can’t say whether or not someone has an attitude on here because this is all text based. You could be inferring something I’ve written in a way I never intended for it to be read.

You keep bringing up the fact that “I was banned months” and etc.

You realize people can change right...? And I’m barely ever rude. I just don’t have the emotional sensitivity of a towelette. Especially not to the point where someone saying “Okay.” to me would make me so upset and unstable that I’d respond back with an essay and a selfie.

Last edited by SoraSakai; Today at 13:01.
SoraSakai is online now   Reply With Quote