Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 15-04-19, 07:41   #14471
ccroft2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
She has a few stinkers under her belt but she relies on her ability to portray dramatic characters and always brings her A-game to every role she is in. I think if all goes well with the script which I'm assuming has a few drafts if Alicia is privy to it already and liking what she reads then the Stars will align pretty quickly. Alicia has no films lined up yet besides Tomb Raider, Daniel Wu just ended his TV series so is free to reprise his role and Kristin doesn't have any upcoming commitments at the moment. Ben Wheatley is gearing up to direct Rebecca for Netflix in the coming months and then he is free if they are indeed waiting on him to direct.

Kristin has said in an interview for Tomb Raider she's excited to see where Ana goes in the future films so we know she is down for a sequel and probably locked in aswell. I suspect they probably signed multi-picture deals with Alicia and her.

What excites me the most is that they haven't just announced a sequel, they announced a sequel with a writer and a script that has already been written in some capacity that excited Alicia. The process seems further ahead than we had anticipated.
Totally agree with this. So much post-work will have been done in the years leading up to getting the 1st movie off the ground.

Announcing the writer now means they probably already have at least one draft in... someone, after all, did confirm that GK films met last summer about the movie with WB?

Alicia and Kristin will have already signed for multiple movies. This will move quickly and I won't be surprised if they're shooting later this year with a summer 2020 release. 6 months shooting, 6 months editing.
ccroft2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 09:30   #14472
andre_costa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccroft2003 View Post
Totally agree with this. So much post-work will have been done in the years leading up to getting the 1st movie off the ground.

Announcing the writer now means they probably already have at least one draft in... someone, after all, did confirm that GK films met last summer about the movie with WB?

Alicia and Kristin will have already signed for multiple movies. This will move quickly and I won't be surprised if they're shooting later this year with a summer 2020 release. 6 months shooting, 6 months editing.
From what I've read, they already have a draft, or part of it. That's why Alicia is back, because she read it and liked it.
However, I think the movie will have a 2021 release.
andre_costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 09:53   #14473
Tonyrobinson

There's definitely a draft or two in the can enough atleast for them to announce the project and not have it sit in limbo for a while. My guess is that they may have discussed it a few months ago like the rumors here suggested and that Amy has been attached for a while.

Usually they just announce a project then a writer down the line or that a writer will start from scratch, in this case Amy has already handed in a draft and they aren't planning on getting someone in just yet to rewrite it because Alicia is liking what she saw. Progress isn't just beginning but probably far enough along for everything to come together quickly.

2021 seems about right for release. Unless a director boards fairly quick and they're further into the writing process then we could get this earlier than expected.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 15-04-19 at 09:55.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 10:28   #14474
James_Rutland

I can't wait to read the official synopsis. Or get shooting locations.

I know it's going to be a really long wait, but to know we actually definitely getting a sequel is good enough for me, I was telling myself we would never get one. And after the ending of the last film that would have been one of them very unsatisfying endings that never get continued.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 12:12   #14475
andre_costa

And I think we, as fans, should do everything we can to help promote this movie.
This might be the last chance they give to TR.
andre_costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 12:27   #14476
Tonyrobinson

I'm so ready to board the hype train again and getting ready to solve the mysteries of the production and speculate.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 12:47   #14477
ccroft2003

Indeed, bring it on!
ccroft2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 13:19   #14478
James_Rutland

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre_costa View Post
And I think we, as fans, should do everything we can to help promote this movie.
I'm just glad it's been given another chance, at all. And so, so grateful we get to see more of Alicia as Lara. I hope they base her look on Rise and don't have her with AJ's braid and black clothes...….
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 16:08   #14479
iWANEX
Golden

I was just watching some scenes from the first movie and Alicia is amazing. Truly spectacular.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-19, 16:21   #14480
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre_costa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I'm so ready to board the hype train again and getting ready to solve the mysteries of the production and speculate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccroft2003 View Post
Indeed, bring it on!
Lets do it!
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote