www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 31-05-15, 09:11   #11
Nemo_91
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECB View Post
Sounds intriguing, do you all think the game will be released to consoles or strictly PC?
Most likely consoles, too.
Nemo_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-15, 21:31   #12
Emix
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Acclaimed game-development studio Dontnod and publisher Focus Home Interactive are pleased to officially announce their partnership for the development of Vampyr, a new role-playing game powered by Unreal Engine 4 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

The studio behind Remember Me and Life is Strange unveils here a concept trailer for Vampyr, which sets the mood and universe of this new license, which promises to offer a unique, deeply immersive role-playing experience steeped in vampire mythology.

Vampyr is set in early 20th century Britain as the country is gripped by the lethal Spanish flu and the streets of London are crippled by disease, violence and fear. In a disorganized and ghostly city, those foolish, desperate, or unlucky enough to walk the streets lay prey to Britain’s most elusive predators: the vampires. Emerging from the chaos, a tormented figure awakens. You are Jonathan E. Reid, a high-ranking military surgeon transformed into a vampire upon his return home from the frontline.

Explore the darkly atmospheric streets of early 20th century London, and interact with a multitude of characters with their own identities and importance. Accept and fulfill the missions they give you, but don’t forget: sooner or later, you will have to feed, and make a difficult choice... who will be your prey? Absolutely all characters in the game are potential victims of your vampiric lust. Carefully study the habits of your next victim, his or her relationships with other characters, and set up your strategy to feed, unnoticed: seduce them, change their daily habits, or make sure they end up alone in a dark street…

Be careful who you choose to hunt, as they will be gone forever, and their death will impact in a meaningful way the world that surrounds you. Feeding on human blood will not just keep you "alive"; it will also unlock new vampiric powers to use.

There will be times when exploration and seduction will only get you so far, and you'll need to resort to engaging in Vampyr's dynamic real-time combat. It blends hard-hitting melee combat with ranged shooting mechanics and the supernatural vampire powers. You'll face many types of enemies: different species of vampires and creatures, as well as vampire hunters who want to hunt you down with their weapons, tools and traps. In Vampyr, your health and the "energy" that drives your supernatural powers are one and same! Using powers will drain your own blood, giving you an edge in battle but also leaving you weaker. You will have to find a way to feed during combat to replenish your strength.

Vampyr also offers a deep crafting system. Find and loot materials and components from the fresh corpses of your victims or during exploration, in order to craft and improve tools, melee and ranged weapons, as well as special ammunitions and coating to exploit the weaknesses of your enemies.

As you cling to what remains of your humanity, your decisions will ultimately shape the fate of your hero while searching for answers in the coughing, foggy aftermath of the Spanish Flu.

Vampyr will release in 2017 on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-15, 21:47   #13
AmericanAssassin
Legend

Intriguing. I'll be keeping my eye on this for sure.
AmericanAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-15, 21:54   #14
Love2Raid
Tomb Raider

Sounds fantastic, can't wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
Vampyr will release in 2017
Love2Raid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-15, 22:56   #15
ECB
Professor

^My exact thought when I read 2017
ECB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-15, 19:03   #16
SorasDestiny
Archaeologist

I didn't know why they didn't just wait until they had some concrete footage to show as opposed to these concept trailers. The same was done with Nier. I don't understand developers' needs to get their product out there so quickly when they haven't even started really building the game. You'd think they'd learn not to jump the shark from Silent Hills

That aside I am intrigued by Vampyr. I adore Remember Me and am planning on playing Life is Strange. I'd love for there to be a sequel to the former but it seems more and more unlikely. I read somewhere that they're planning a second season to LiS too so, yes, it seems unlikely.

Old 01-03-16, 20:51   #17
larson n natla
Relic Hunter

Fresh screenshots!

Click
Click
Click

This is shaping up to be a very interesting game. One to watch.
Old 01-03-16, 21:12   #18
Tommy123
Tomb Raider

Sounds interesting! The game looks gorgeous
Old 13-06-16, 11:39   #19
Emix
Relic Hunter

Amazing!
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-16, 21:34   #20
Aeon Flux
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Good to know that not all modern vampires sparkle. But the best vampire game still is Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.
I was trying to think of the name of that game when I saw this thread. You actually got to suck blood in Masquerade.
Aeon Flux is offline   Reply With Quote