Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 03-11-19, 18:32   #21
Grenade

Hilde will be the first character for Season 2! No release date yet.

Also every character will be getting new moves:

Surprised to see Hilde coming back, wasn't so sure if she would make it but I'm SO happy Her redesign is great and she looks like royalty!

SC6 will also be at Evo Japan in January so I'm sure the next character will be shown there, which will probably be Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown. I'm feeling more confident that we will be getting Setsuka and Yunseong afterwards, not sure which order they will be released. When Season 1 was datamined Cassandra was listed before Amy, but she ended up being released after so who knows.
Grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-19, 23:26   #22
Grenade

Lots of new stuff highlighted in this new trailer. Season 2 will come on the 25th of November, Hilde will be released on the 26th of November. Her SCIV 1P is coming for free as CAS parts. Every character is getting a lot more new moves than we thought. We're getting a new UI!!! Also more stages are coming, one new stage is that daytime version of the forest that was shown before, another is a boring endless training stage and 4 more afterwards. I think some of them will be variants of existing stages. Also some new CAS parts, but honestly a lot of them look pretty lame...
Grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-19, 06:42   #23
XXIIXX
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade View Post

Lots of new stuff highlighted in this new trailer. Season 2 will come on the 25th of November, Hilde will be released on the 26th of November. Her SCIV 1P is coming for free as CAS parts. Every character is getting a lot more new moves than we thought. We're getting a new UI!!! Also more stages are coming, one new stage is that daytime version of the forest that was shown before, another is a boring endless training stage and 4 more afterwards. I think some of them will be variants of existing stages. Also some new CAS parts, but honestly a lot of them look pretty lame...
Thank god for the stages! SoulCalibur VI is extremely lacking in this aspect, and since it's a reboot it's a shame that so many classic stages were left out...
XXIIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-19, 20:47   #24
Catapharact

Arrow

Well the new DLC will be releasing here in Canada on November 26, 2019. Looking forward to it. Its interesting that they chose to bring Hilde back when there were more calls by the fans to have Setsuka back. I remember there was a lot of backlash against Hilde by the fans with her being too unbalanced in Soul Calibur 4. I personally didn't see the issue; If anything, Ivy is a hell of a lot more unbalanced compared to Hilde.

I am loving her new look. She is adequately armored but still open for movement.

Last edited by Catapharact; 23-11-19 at 20:54.
Catapharact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-19, 20:54   #25
XXIIXX
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catapharact View Post
Well the new DLC will be releasing here in Canada on November 26, 2019. Looking forward to it. Its interesting that they chose to bring Hilde back when there were more calls by the fans to have Setsuna back. I remember there was a lot of backlash against Hilde by the fans with her being too unbalanced in Soul Calibur 4. I personally didn't see the issue; If anything, Ivy is a hell of a lot more unbalanced compared to Hilde.

I am loving her new look. She is adequately armored but still open for movement.
Setsuka and either of the Korean guys are probably coming right after Haohmaru so maybe it's a "best for last" kind of thing? Lol.

I'm pleasantly surprised by Hilde's redesign.

I like her new face and hair!

The boob-shaped Armor is ridiculous though 😂😅
Old 23-11-19, 20:57   #26
Catapharact

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXIIXX View Post
Setsuka and either of the Korean guys are probably coming right after Haohmaru so maybe it's a "best for last" kind of thing? Lol.

I'm pleasantly surprised by Hilde's redesign.

I like her new face and hair!

The boob-shaped Armor is ridiculous though ����
Meh, we will chalk that up to fantasy and aesthetics . I mean, considering that this is Namco, we should be happy that they didn't take the opportunity to go full bikini armor .

Last edited by Catapharact; 23-11-19 at 21:00.
Old 23-11-19, 20:58   #27
XXIIXX
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catapharact View Post
Meh, we will chalk that up to fantasy and aesthetics . I mean, considering that is Namco, we should be happy that they didn't take the opportunity to go full bikini armor .
I still have nightmares after the DLC outfits for that free to play game...I can't even remember it's name anymore 😂
Old 26-11-19, 23:46   #28
Catapharact

Arrow

Downloaded the Season 2 version of the game, the Character Creation and Hilde DLCs today and I am somewhat satisfied with what Namco has given us.

Lets start with Hilde and the new added moves for various characters:

- Hilde had the potential for becoming as broken as she was in Soul Calibur 4 had it not been the addition of new moves for another Soul Calibur 6 character (who I'll get to momentarily.) She has excellent Mid to Short-ranged attacks and very devastating long ranged heavy attacks. If timed right, you can easily win a fight with four heavy attack moves. The downside to Hilde is that she has a slow recovery time between moves; Almost on par with Nightmare. New players can be easily taken off-guard but for the veterans (especially those who main as Nightmare,) you can easily lul someone into believing that they have an opening for an attack and then you can counter with heavy hitting moves.

Moving onto new character moves:

- With the addition of new moves, Groh has become even more formidable; To the point where he could easily be OP. His Steed of the Night Powerup has gotten additional moves, making him just as flightly as Cervantes without the lag, which makes him more dangerous. The upside is the fact that Steed of the Night can only be used during Soul Charge. However, given that this is Groh, that won't be an issue at all.

Finally we come the new Character Creation DLC:

- Kind of a downer that we only have four new set of costume ensembles and two of them belong to Hilde. That only leaves two costume sets for male characters. Seems kinda imbalanced but I am sure this will all change once new DLCs with male characters arrive. On an important note, we FINALLY have proper armor for female characters! God damn, this has been a long way coming. Hilde's Armor is so versatile that it can easily be incorporated into a lot of clothing sets, which is very much appreciated given that what was available, your female characters looked either really clunky, drab, boring but reasonably functional as a fighter or they looked really cool but also seemed like they belong at a Halloween party rather than a sword duel.

How one of my female character looks in a full classic Hilde Armor set:

Please bear in mind that I am advocating the need to change all the female characters in the game into full armor clad lancers so please refrain from commenting with a statement like "what? you want to put all female characters in burkas?" Far from it actually. Its just would be nice to see more female outfits that are a cool looking and relatively functional medium between a Burka and metal thong.

Other than that, the new layout looks amazing, the new online ranking system is very well welcomed and the new stages are wonderful addition.

P.S. Regarding Hilde's story; You will find out as to why Hilde and Siegfried never became a thing. Unfortunately... It happened due to a very uncomfortable reality of the Medieval times *cue banjo music.*
Old 18-08-20, 22:38   #29
Catapharact

Arrow

So... Setsuka has been added to the character lineup .

I downloaded the DLC today. Will let you know what I think of her once I get a chance to play the game.
Old 19-08-20, 00:18   #30
Lord Lulu

Man it has been many years since I last played SoulCalibur. Didn't even know they came out with number 6. Played through the campaign in 5 and was highly disappointed.

Nightmare and Ivy were my favorites to play. All that power and range.

As for the boob armor thing, Shadiversity talks about it. I don't remember if the video is safe to post.

More armor types would be good. Should go from armored tank to skimpy. That should make most people happy.
Lord Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote