Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 03-02-22, 09:14   #1061
FairFriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
Hey everyone,

So there's been some change of plans. I've said before that I would return to working on level modifications after releasing the next version of my patcher but instead I will release an update for the modpack soon, the next patcher release will come later.

Here is an updated list of all the features I'm planning on adding to the patcher:

- Enable weapons when hugging walls & shooting from cover (experimental)
- Enable skipping conversation voice lines (experimental)
- Fix swerving left/right while hopping (this fix was found by Nakamichi680)
- Fix crashing near the lasers in Strahov Fortress (this fix was found by Sasho648)
- Improved player position when jumping into water
- Enemies stagger less from gunfire
- Enable running after all forward jumps
- Reduced Impactor batteries per pickup (from 10 to 2)
- Increase running speed

Explanations for some of these options:

- Enemies stagger less from gunfire: What this does is basically stop enemies from constantly doing "getting hit" animations every time they are shot at. This makes them attack you more rather than just getting stuck repeating those animations and will make the game more challenging as a result.

- Reduced Impactor batteries per pickup: This weapon is extremely powerful and you get an insane amount of ammo for it per pickup. This should make this weapon more balanced.

- Enable running after all forward jumps: In the vanilla game, you can only continue running after doing running jumps, now you can keep running after all forward jumps. (shown in the video down below)

- Improved player position when jumping into water: In the vanilla game, Lara immediately turns towards the surface when jumping into water, this should make this more like the classics. (shown in the video down below)

Here is a video showing some of the upcoming level changes and patcher features:

Stunning changes as usual! I remember always being disoriented when Lara dived underwater due to her repositioning, so this is a big fix as far as I am concerned. Ther other changes are also very nice of course. I'm resisting the temptetation of replaying AoD right now so I that can experience all of them in one run
FairFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-22, 11:23   #1062
red_lion

I love the skipping conversation voice lines feature.

The conversion was so boring and long. I kept a save for when the conversation was over. But now it can be skipped. Yeey!
red_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-22, 14:24   #1063
kelvinsecolo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
Hey everyone,

So there's been some change of plans. I've said before that I would return to working on level modifications after releasing the next version of my patcher but instead I will release an update for the modpack soon, the next patcher release will come later.
Nice, Reborn. I'm amazed by the features you have announced so far. I hope we get more features of Galleries Under Siege and the Louvre Section in general.

About the patcher... is there a prediction of when we will be having a first look at the guns enabled while hugging the walls/shooting at the corner?
kelvinsecolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-22, 17:52   #1064
LateRaider
Inactive

probably not
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-22, 19:17   #1065
reborninshadow

Patcher update will probably be sometime next week but I can't give an exact date for it. The modpack update will be very soon though, possibly tomorrow.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-22, 03:24   #1066
OrangeJuice

this is all so so cool! thank you for your work
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-22, 18:51   #1067
dg1995

Any chance we also get some updates for Kurtis movements ?
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-22, 18:59   #1068
reborninshadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
Any chance we also get some updates for Kurtis movements ?
Can't happen without the source code. Lara and Kurtis behave almost exactly the same in the game code in terms of movement and controls and you can't change something only for one of them.
Old 05-02-22, 18:26   #1069
reborninshadow

Default Patch 1.1.2 Release

PATCH 1.1.2 : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rLm...ew?usp=sharing

CHANGES:

GENERAL
- Fixed various text issues.

DERELICT APARTMENT BLOCK (Alternate Version Only):
- Removed all health items except the health pills from the hallways, which has been moved to a slightly more well hidden location.
- Removed 2 shotgun shell pickups.

CARVIER'S APARTMENT
- The conversation no longer starts immediately, you have to start it manually.
- The police won't arrive before you start the conversation.
- You can't search drawers before you start the conversation.
- Lara's spawn position has been adjusted for better flow with the cutscene.

ST. AICARD'S CHURCH
- Added an additional vector clip pickup. (won't spoil where it is )
- Removed the strength upgrade gained in this level as it does essentially nothing and makes the upgrade system more complicated.

NEPTUNE'S HALL
- Replaced one shotgun shell pickup with a vector clip.
- Replaced 2 health kits with vector clips.

STRAHOV FORTRESS
- Fixed crashing that could happen while loading a save from zone 1.
- Simplified/improved certain notebook entries:
- "Find the security control room." to "Find a way past Strahov's defences. Check main security control room?"
- Removed unnecessary notebook entry "Shut down power to clear a route through the Biodome to the Vault of Trophies.".
- Changed "Gain access to the Biodome." to "Find a way to access inner Strahov facilities." and moved its location to the beginning of zone 2.

THE BIO-RESEARCH FACILITY
- Conversation with Muller happens as Lara approaches him, without need for interaction. This makes it more like Lara catches him off guard.
- In the large arboretum zone where Boaz gets eaten by the Pod, removed fixed camera angle as it could interfere with combat and its line "This ledge looks too far. I don't think I'll make it yet." Moved this line to the ledge itself instead, to prevent Lara from repeating it.
- Triggering cutscene of Kurtis abandoning Lara in the airlock at level end will require Lara to interact with the door to Aquatic Research Area, discover it doesn't work, and attempt to turn back around. This fixes cutscene inconsistencies.
- Replaced health pills in the secret area near the end of the level with a vector clip.
- Adjusted positions of certain items so that they aren't floating anymore.

Last edited by reborninshadow; 05-02-22 at 18:31.
Old 06-02-22, 18:22   #1070
kelvinsecolo
Inactive

Hey reborn!

Thank you for releasing it. I tested the game yesterday and everything is working perfectly fine. Margot Carvier’s level is so much better now that we have time to actually explore the apartment and mind the details without any rush.

I loved that you moved the items to not obvious places. It makes the player to explore the rest of the level to find them.

Nice one.
kelvinsecolo is offline   Reply With Quote