www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 21-02-22, 21:47   #1131
KIKO
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
That's understandable, although I didn't even adjust the position of the vector pickup in Louvre Galleries so this is a weird situation lol. It's already in a room that you must visit (unless you remember the code from previous playthroughs), so I'm not really sure how I can make it more obvious. I was thinking the one in Monstrum Crime Scene was the problematic one because people can easily miss it if they don't read what's been changed with this mod.
Doesn't Luddick give you a Scorpion pistol that could also be combined to become the dual scorpions? I'm sure if you place a second scorpion pistol somewhere obvious in the Strahov then players should still get dual weapons.
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-22, 22:00   #1132
Jathom95
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
Doesn't Luddick give you a Scorpion pistol that could also be combined to become the dual scorpions? I'm sure if you place a second scorpion pistol somewhere obvious in the Strahov then players should still get dual weapons.
Yes, the Scorpions are fine the way they are currently. Reborn was taking about the dual vectors in that level (that Lara obtains from the end of Von Croy's Apartment).
Old 21-02-22, 22:35   #1133
KIKO
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
Yes, the Scorpions are fine the way they are currently. Reborn was taking about the dual vectors in that level (that Lara obtains from the end of Von Croy's Apartment).
I know the cleaner has dual weapons but I don't remember her picking them up during the cutscene. If you are talking about checking the cleaner's car trunk to find goodies I can see why the player could potentially miss that.

In any case, why would the player need two sets of dual weapons? A pair of scorpions should be enough for the rest of the game, no?
Old 21-02-22, 23:11   #1134
Jathom95
Archaeologist

Quote:
I know the cleaner has dual weapons but I don't remember her picking them up during the cutscene. If you are talking about checking the cleaner's car trunk to find goodies I can see why the player could potentially miss that.

In any case, why would the player need two sets of dual weapons? A pair of scorpions should be enough for the rest of the game, no?
Admittedly the game doesn't do a great job of relaying it, but the implication is there that she picked them up after he tumbled down the stairs. Otherwise, where else would she have gotten them from in the cutscene? She loses all her weapons at the start of the level and only ends that level with the Rigg and Viper actually in her inventory.

As far as having both, same reason for having two sets of fully automatic weapons, or the nearly useless single pistols. To give the player choice, and also to provide consistency with the cutscenes where Lara has them (which are always the Vectors.) The Scorpion is a bit overpowered anyway, and there's not much ammo for it in the first place. I think grabbing them from the back of the Cleaner's car is also mentioned in the development notes too.

Last edited by Jathom95; 21-02-22 at 23:24.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-22, 00:31   #1135
kelvinsecolo
Hobbyist

Quote:

Am, no? Hahaha it’s awesome having the vectors for the entire game.

Guys, I honestly don’t think you should be minding this much about people who are having trouble at missing the replaced items. We are talking about basic things here: simply exploring the levels and reading the change logs (or most of times the obvious description and titles that @reborninshadows puts RIGHT IN FRONT the “Enable/Disable buttons in the patcher.)

Having items (mostly the important ones, like the pistols) placed somewhere else in the level is actually teasing for players.. It gets me teased to replay AOD as it was just released.

But anyway. A suggestion: @reborninshadows, along with the releases of the patcher and modded levels you could also include a FAQ for frequent received comments, such as:

“the level is broken, the serpent rouge door is not opening” - no, it’s not! You could try other entrances! The level is not broken.

“I cannot find the dual pistols” - They ARE in the game, explore the levels and look for them.

“A lot of K2 Impactor clips are missing” - They were replaced by other type of ammo.

But that’s only my opinion. I’m just trying to say that you’ll never get to make sure that literally everybody who download the patcher and the levels are completely aligned with the changes that have been done.

And also, this is getting a lot of attention. Sooner or later the YouTubers will start creating showcases and gameplays that shows that this mod is not something…buggy.
kelvinsecolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-22, 04:27   #1136
KIKO
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
Admittedly the game doesn't do a great job of relaying it, but the implication is there that she picked them up after he tumbled down the stairs. Otherwise, where else would she have gotten them from in the cutscene? She loses all her weapons at the start of the level and only ends that level with the Rigg and Viper actually in her inventory.

As far as having both, same reason for having two sets of fully automatic weapons, or the nearly useless single pistols. To give the player choice, and also to provide consistency with the cutscenes where Lara has them (which are always the Vectors.) The Scorpion is a bit overpowered anyway, and there's not much ammo for it in the first place. I think grabbing them from the back of the Cleaner's car is also mentioned in the development notes too.
I see what you mean about the cutscene. I then assume it's not possible for Reborn to automatically give players the pair of vectors and that's why he placed them in the car trunk?
Old 22-02-22, 05:21   #1137
LateRaider
Professor

actually it is possible to auto give the vectors, we're thinking about doing that instead of forcing players to get them out of the trunk
Tomb Raider Forums member #54094 - Always late to the party
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-22, 10:30   #1138
_Seth
Professor

My two cents: Automatically giving the players the dual vectors at the start of Storm Drains and Monstrum Crimescene is the best way, and if possible then removing the single vector to keep it simple and streamlined.

Or: Remove the MV9 entirely and just have a single vectors/ammo in their place and keep the desert ranger for the double denim levels, then upon Louvre Storm Drains, replace the single with dual vectors. When you get the scorpion x through whatever means, just grand the dual ones.

Last edited by _Seth; 22-02-22 at 10:43.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-22, 12:13   #1139
LateRaider
Professor

that's honestly not a bad idea, seth.

we kind of wanted to follow core's vision of no lethal weapons until almost the last second. that way, she only has lethal weapons when it's absolutely necessary (i.e. lara is being actively shot at by enemies in archaeological dig site) we're workshopping ideas on what's best to do. since reborn tweaked the code for the true way to get the duals it would be nice to still have them be combined as you find two.
Tomb Raider Forums member #54094 - Always late to the party

Last edited by LateRaider; 22-02-22 at 12:30.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-22, 12:19   #1140
reborninshadow
Explorer

I'm not so sure about giving them automatically in the storm drains although I may do it in the crime scene. I've always wanted to force people to use stealth or non lethal weapons as much as I can in the Louvre section so if I do that, most people won't care about using any other weapons at all and just use the duals to kill everyone in the Louvre levels.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote