Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 14-03-18, 15:39   #671
A_De

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Seems like the renderer is handling transparency differently for objects and room geometry...
Sorry for bumping for a late reply. This issue is related not to differency between rooms and objects, but rather static/movable lighting type. I have a few statics with movable lighting type in my level which is not edited by beta, and those objects are have flickering edges. Guess this is the engine issue which has nothing to do with meta2tr nor metasequoia.

Btw, if someone still has the map extractor from Sapper's post, please give a working link. Turbo pascal's site seems to be dead.
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-18, 15:48   #672
Dustie

I hope someone has the tool, I'll try looking around for it. Judging by TPascal's post, it was an unreleased tool and tucked away somewhere on his web hosting account.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-18, 06:58   #673
A_De

I have a question about meta, perhaps a bit silly but I'm just a beginner here

When the room visuals, collision parts for floor/ceiling or item positions are edited in Meta, how do I import the new data into tr4? I mean, if only visible layers are reinjected or meta2tr reinjects all layers present in mqo file?
Old 20-03-18, 15:18   #674
Dustie

You can't change collision or item positioning with Meta as far as I know. That stays the same as it is in the level editor. Only the room mesh can be modified.
Old 21-03-18, 11:13   #675
A_De

^ according the readme file the newest 8a version can do these things, that's why I ask.
Old 21-03-18, 15:34   #676
Dustie

I checked the readme, you're right. I didn't realize Meta2TR was capable of doing that. Too bad it was never developed into a proper editor.
Old 03-01-19, 19:58   #677
Ranpyon

In my game the magenta textures of a uvmapped object are black. I've read that this is caused by the position of the textures in the Metasequoia grid. Ok, so I have to shift the textures in the right place, am I right? If so, I don't know how to do it.
Moreover, the Meta2TR site isn't online anymore, so I don't know where I can find the tutorials.
Ranpyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-19, 20:38   #678
Titak

Offline version of the Meta2TR site can be downloaded from the first post here: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=135733

There's an image in there somwehre which shows you where to move the faces to to make the magenta appear as transparent ingame.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-19, 21:04   #679
LoreRaider

^There's an offline pack here, scroll down to Meta2TR section https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=151774

EDIT: oh well, haven't seen that post
LoreRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-19, 21:50   #680
Ranpyon

Thanks to both!
Ranpyon is offline   Reply With Quote