Q'orianka 1 1.06%
Other (Please name) 15 15.96%
None, Lara's best alone 61 64.89%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-19, 15:03   #11
Lyle Croft
Professor

Jonah, but dressed in drag.

Since Lara always drags Jonah around on her adventures, Lara reciprocates by attending his shows at the local club.

"HEY GURLFRAND!" is what they shout at each other when they see each other.
Old 10-02-19, 15:13   #12
Maverin
Archaeologist

I'm absolutely against suddenly turning Lara lesbian. I have nothing against the sexuality but not only would it look like they're faking Naughty Dog again (Ellie from the last of us is gay) it would also be very much out of place. We've assumed Lara to be straight for the past 20 years. I don't think her sexuality should ever be discussed in the games actually, she's better off alone like it always has been. I'm really happy that Tomb Raider is one of the few franchises these days that doesn't put focus on romantic matters.

Angel of Darkness was already crossing it a little too much with Kurtis although I don't mind it all that much since he dies anyway. But please save the story that Lara becomes infatuated with someone only so it can become her weakness through the storyline where the bad guys capture her lover and try to kill him (or her for those that really wish for another gay character)
Old 10-02-19, 15:27   #13
Shirley_Manson
Professor

Sophia Leigh is the only one worthy of my precious Lara!
Old 10-02-19, 15:32   #14
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
I'm absolutely against suddenly turning Lara lesbian. I have nothing against the sexuality but not only would it look like they're faking Naughty Dog again (Ellie from the last of us is gay) it would also be very much out of place. We've assumed Lara to be straight for the past 20 years. I don't think her sexuality should ever be discussed in the games actually, she's better off alone like it always has been. I'm really happy that Tomb Raider is one of the few franchises these days that doesn't put focus on romantic matters.

Angel of Darkness was already crossing it a little too much with Kurtis although I don't mind it all that much since he dies anyway. But please save the story that Lara becomes infatuated with someone only so it can become her weakness through the storyline where the bad guys capture her lover and try to kill him (or her for those that really wish for another gay character)
Nah they just use JONAH! for that.
Old 10-02-19, 16:01   #15
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Other, aka Lara’s dual pistols.
Old 10-02-19, 16:04   #16
Alex Fly
Legend

None.
Old 10-02-19, 17:55   #17
Daft Raider
Archaeologist

No one, Lara being gay is just left over tumblr mentality, forced faux progressiveness that doesn’t need to be there, as someone else said, there’s other interesting ways to flesh out a character, and my god, do these characters in the reboot era need it.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 18:14   #18
tomblover
Tomb Raider

Samantha, if anyone at all in the current timeline.

I've already said my piece on this - reboot Lara is a huge les, and classic Lara is ace. That's that on that.

Not that it would even slightly matter in the games themselves, mind you.

Last edited by tomblover; 10-02-19 at 18:17.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 18:20   #19
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
No one, Lara being gay is just left over tumblr mentality, forced faux progressiveness that doesn’t need to be there, as someone else said, there’s other interesting ways to flesh out a character, and my god, do these characters in the reboot era need it.
I was being ironic when I said Janice earlier and yeah I actually agree with this.
Old 10-02-19, 18:24   #20
tomblover
Tomb Raider

Look, both classic Lara and reboot Lara have "prototypical" personalities, in that they're very bare-bones characters. The embarrassing part is that with reboot Lara, they try to pass it off as if she's well-developed (for the sake of the story, a responsibility that classic Lara fortunately didn't have to bear) when she really isn't to such a degree...

There's no need to claim a political agenda because people are throwing headcanons around. Most of what we construe about either version of the character has no factual (as in, developer-confirmed, or canonical) basis anyway.

Yes, the shoe did fit, by the way.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote