Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > DXTRE3D

Old 09-07-20, 05:27   #1
mcmike1489

Default Dxtre3d not working properly, system error messages

I installed Dxtre3d to the directory with all of the necessary files included, but I keep getting these errors messages, what should I do? It says:

1. Access violation at address 0053CD7D in module "dxtre3d.exe'. Read of
address 00000034

2. Access violation at address 004824E9 in module "dxtre3d.exe'. Read of
address 00000000

3. Cannot open file 'D:\Program Files\Dxtre3d for Tomb Raider games\gridmap.bmp". The system cannot find the file specified.

What gridmap.bmp? It didn't come with Dxtre3d as one of the required setup files.

I don't know error computer code like this, so something is wrong here. Can someone explain to me why this is happening and how to get Dxtre3d to work please?

Update: I was able to get it to work, all I did is download and installed the Dxtre3d.exe as an executable instead of the .zip folder download and extracting it to a folder I created as it's directory. I'm using version 1.1 and this is the only one that seems to be working without crashing or getting an error message. So, hopefully I'm using the latest version, otherwise I don't know what to say or do.

Last edited by mcmike1489; 09-07-20 at 09:37.
mcmike1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-20, 20:59   #2
Danath

Lightbulb

Hello mcmike.

Dxtre3D doesn't need to be installed, it's "portable", just extracting the files and running the exe.

Try to download it from this link, this is the latest version ( click on the diskette icon ) -> Dxtre3D download page

This one should work without any problems, it's the one i'm using for building TR2 levels. I use Windows 10 and it doesn't even need compatibility settings.
Gridmap.bmp is included in this download, it's the image file it uses for the 2D grid.

Don't use the 1.1 version, it's severely outdated, you should be using 2.0r2L, the one linked above.
I hope it works for you. What OS are you using?
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 00:58   #3
mcmike1489

I finally figured out how to get it to work properly, I downloaded Dxtre3d 2.0 rev 2L and just replaced the 1.1 exe with version 2.0 rev 2L Now I'm up to date. The problem I found why I was getting those error messages was because of my security settings within the .exe I set everything to allow. For some reason, the .exe has some settings that were being blocked. I'm running it as a administrator as well to make sure, it runs perfectly as it should. I may had downloaded a version that was missing some files but I was able to get the whole package in one .zip folder. I'm using Windows 10 64-bit So, like I said before, the program is working, thanks! I will keep this for future reference. P.S. I'm using the English version, that one you sent me is in Italian.

Last edited by mcmike1489; 10-07-20 at 01:02.
mcmike1489 is offline   Reply With Quote