www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 26-01-16, 16:33   #1851
Cochrane
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Well, I meant to ask if anyone is still working on this... if there are differences of opinions on where and how this should go, then maybe it's better if people work separately for a while, since that might be better for making progress, for the time being.
No, it's definitely worse, because:

1. New developers (or old developers coming back) have no idea where they should start.
2. It's almost impossible to merge all the work that has been going on back together. The only realistic option is to declare one branch the new master, and tell everyone else to spend a lot of time rewriting their latest changes so it will work with the other new code.

This sucks, and this isn't going to go away either. It doesn't make it impossible to restart the main project again - all it takes is one person who is willing to put in the effort to organize everything - but it does make it harder every day.
Old 27-01-16, 00:07   #1852
tlr online
Administrator

Some posts have been removed. Please keep this thread about TRE (TeslaRus Engine) project.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-16, 22:10   #1853
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Let me repost my question, maybe it won't get removed

Maybe if the engine isn't working out for now, maybe you could consider building a new editor to replace the old TRLE for us? Making a new version of NGLE isn't feasible due to all the changes Paolone made, but at least the old TRLE could be replaced... since you know all the ins-and-outs of the level format...
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-16, 19:47   #1854
Boobandie
Professor

If anyone takes that up then please for the love of god give us a button to cut tiles into diagonals for individual manipulation and walls, more wall segments on floors and ceiling tiles (preferably custom cut and manipulable like cutting straight polygons in meta), and smaller squares. Even just half the size of the old ones makes a huge difference to the level of detail we can put into our levels.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-16, 20:50   #1855
Dustie
Relic Hunter

^ I think getting all the default TRLE functionality to work would be suitable at first... maybe they could start off with Turbo Pascal's code from his editor, so they wouldn't have to do it from scratch... if he is willing to release it.
Old 07-03-16, 09:26   #1856
Fabiusco
Student

I just discovered this project, it's absolutely AMAZING!!! I tried a couple of levels and I'd love to see this finished... sorry to read the team's having development troubles!
Fabiusco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-16, 21:04   #1857
Ado Croft
Historian

Hello everyone
If somebody thinks that this project died, actually it isn't true. Tesla Rus still works on this project and something really cool is coming. So let's see what it is. I permanently visit this side and i have discovered something cool in Tesla Rus's fork. It is weapon targeting I want to thank Tesla Rus for his amazing work, good job ... and i believe that Lwmte will be back soon

Last edited by Ado Croft; 02-04-16 at 21:08.
Ado Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-16, 23:16   #1858
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Good to know ^^ I was really frustrated this project seemed to have stopped out of the blue and it appeared to be on hold. I was really worried it would have ended up cancelled. I'm so glad that's not the case I'll keep an eye out for this thread again.
Old 03-04-16, 00:02   #1859
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Good news. With some fans trying to build remakes using commercial engines, I guess competition is a good motivation.
Old 03-04-16, 12:22   #1860
Nicklander
Historian

I love you
Nicklander is offline   Reply With Quote