Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 05-01-20, 23:59   #31
trfan16

TRII was the game that provided the ultimate Classic TR experience for me. It improved and added a lot of new things from TRI, but didn't go off the rails too much unlike TRIII. I think the globetrotting is the best part TRII. You didn't know what to expect in each new area you entered. The entire set of final levels (Temple of Xian, Floating Islands, and Dragon's Lair) are probably one of the most epic final levels in the series.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-22, 16:19   #32
yifle

After all these years since I made this thread
I have since rediscovered my love for TR2 again

Thanks to all the replies in this thread, alot of soul searching and replaying this game alot <3
yifle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-22, 13:32   #33
SamCactus101

It was a fantastic sequel.
SamCactus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-22, 03:01   #34
Fiamma Patrick

It's mostly nostalgia in my case. But I grew to appreciate the level design and soundtrack. Yes there are many enemies to kill but they aren't that big of a problem for me. I mostly like to appreciate the scenery of caves in China to the canals of Venice, to the snowy mountains of Tibet. I have nothing else to say other than that but I started playing Tomb Raider 2 back when I was but a little kid watching my dad play the game, and I continued to play it for many years later.
Fiamma Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-22, 00:57   #35
Acacea

Quote:
Originally Posted by yifle View Post
Over the last 8 years TR 2 went from my second favorite TR game to my least favorite and Im trying to figure out why

I still think its an amazing game even if Its my least favorite
I know my biggest gripe with the game is the amount of enemies you fight
but other than that I still think its got top notch level design, fantastic music, really varied locations.

Maybe you guys can help me to discovering why it happened and maybe even help rediscover why it was

So post what you makes the game special to you and why you love it so much
Everything. The story, level design, the music, the atmosphere, the locations, and it's extremely fun. It is my favorite game of all time and I've replayed it so many times. I absolutely love this game. I remember playing the first game, then getting the 2nd game when I was about 12, and I fell in love with the game. It's so charming and holds a great place in my heart. I remember having to wait to buy this on PSN because it was hacked and taken down over holiday a few years ago, and I guess I was just so satisfied when I finally was able to buy TR2.

The Temple of Xian, The Floating Islands, Barkhang Monastery, Opera House, Bartoli's Hideout, The Deck, Maria Doria... this game has so many great levels and this game was my third Tomb Raider I've ever played. (I played TR2013 and TR1 before.) I think this is the game that got me into all of the Tomb Raider games other than the reboots, and I absolutely love Tomb Raider II and the Core games in general.
Acacea is offline   Reply With Quote