Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 06-08-13, 21:43   #21
:}hello friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
What game did you play?
I played Lara Croft get's kicked around for 10 hours as a poor excuse for character development and making her into a "believable and likeable character."

You know, every other cutscene she's getting impaled through the neck, constantly getting hurt and making suggestive moaning sounds, which I would consider whining, or did you play the game muted throughout the first half?

If you didn't find it over the top, fine, but it doesn't mean other people didn't.

Last edited by :}hello friend; 06-08-13 at 21:45. Reason: typos
:}hello friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 21:47   #22
EscondeR

Exclamation

xLara_Nathanx, "+1" kind of posts fall precisely under spam category. One post deleted.
EscondeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 21:48   #23
larafan25

I wish the combat (from the start of this reboot) had been a lot more strategic...and...more TLOU than Uncharted. God that's a horrible thing to say but whatevsies. I wanted the combat to feel more tense and slow than like...hordes of goons.

Yes, there is something frantic about TR's combat, but I think something slower might have been suited.

For future games I kind of hope they give us a stealth button, because I want to feel in control of how I handle the situation...and not having a stealth buttons kind of loses that. Also, less scripted and linear stealth scenarios, more room for thinking, exploring and contemplation/ dynamic interaction like the TLOU stealth sets.

That being said combat is the last thing they need to worry about because it's not needed for me.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 21:50   #24
lance6439

Quote:
Originally Posted by :}hello friend View Post
I played Lara Croft get's kicked around for 10 hours as a poor excuse for character development and making her into a "believable and likeable character."

You know, every other cutscene she's getting impaled through the neck, constantly getting hurt and making suggestive moaning sounds, which I would consider whining, or did you play the game muted throughout the first half?

If you didn't find it over the top, fine, but it doesn't mean other people didn't.
This is basically TR9 in a nutshell.

I just hope the TR10 will remind us of at least TR1 Lara. Experienced, witty, funny and smart.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 21:56   #25
larafan25

This Lara has wit, I can tell, or I saw it... or something... I mean it's there, but it's coming out of a different voice with different mannerisms. I guess it's the confidence she's lacking, she has wit, but it's wrapped in unhappy, island survivally poop stuff.

TR9 Lara certainly wasn't dumb either, just that one "flaw" of the plot in which she seemed to grasp all the missing threads quite late... though she was a skeptic.

We just need her in a less intense situation in the beginning, where she's fine, so we can get some of her wit.
Old 06-08-13, 21:57   #26
xLara_Nathanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Id like for her to use medipacks instead of standing in a corner to re-gain health.
I agree completely. They definitely should include medipacks in the next game. Lara should apply them in real time, and it should take 10+ seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
I wish the combat (from the start of this reboot) had been a lot more strategic...and...more TLOU than Uncharted. God that's a horrible thing to say but whatevsies. I wanted the combat to feel more tense and slow than like...hordes of goons.

Yes, there is something frantic about TR's combat, but I think something slower might have been suited.

For future games I kind of hope they give us a stealth button, because I want to feel in control of how I handle the situation...and not having a stealth buttons kind of loses that. Also, less scripted and linear stealth scenarios, more room for thinking, exploring and contemplation/ dynamic interaction like the TLOU stealth sets.

That being said combat is the last thing they need to worry about because it's not needed for me.
True. Also, the hide and seek mechanic (being able to go into stealth mode again after being detected) should be borrowed from TLOU. The combat should definitely be more like TLOU instead of UC. Let's hope it's not a big focus of the next game.
xLara_Nathanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 21:58   #27
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by :}hello friend View Post

You know I was playing a TRLE level the other day and my mom came into my room. When she heard the sound Lara makes when she pulls herself up she asked me whether she just had an orgasm. (It was the deafault TR4 SFX).

I really don't get why people are so over the top about her moaning. It's not suggestive, or at least not any more suggestive compared to how it's always been.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 22:04   #28
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
You know I was playing a TRLE level the other day and my mom came into my room. When she heard the sound Lara makes when she pulls herself up she asked me whether she just had an orgasm. (It was the deafault TR4 SFX).

I really don't get why people are so over the top about her moaning. It's not suggestive, or at least not any more suggestive compared to how it's always been.
It's not suggestive. It's blatant. Which is dumb. It's blatant that she is being shot at, or hit, and thus in pain and reacting.

Yet everyone thinks she's having an orgasm. da hell.

I mean, I only have this video of Chloe, but if you ever played through a UC3 MP map silently as Nate...the sounds he makes just from jumping:

Anyways, I wonder if they will change up her sounds when she jumps and is hurt in TR4
Old 06-08-13, 22:07   #29
lance6439

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLara_Nathanx View Post
I agree completely. They definitely should include medipacks in the next game. Lara should apply them in real time, and it should take 10+ seconds.
TR9 was basically a poor man's bootleg version of Uncharted. It should have been more like 'Just Cause' or Assassins Creed.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-13, 22:08   #30
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
TR9 was basically a poor man's bootleg version of Uncharted. It should have been more like 'Just Cause' or Assassins Creed.
Unearthed. *

TR should not have had AC's combat.

Or Just Cause combat either.