Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 07-05-22, 09:34   #51
mojtra

Yesterday I wrote my first review on TRCustoms and I really enjoyed the fact that there is no ranking by numbers on this site.

The only thing that did not really satisfy me was that I had to send a review myself to get some information about how the rating system works. And even then there was no full description of what the site does with the reviews.

I like the approach of allowing reviewers and (perhaps more importantly) builders to customise the content they upload themselves.

But perhaps it would be an idea for the future to explain a little more to the visitors how the positive and negative ratings are calculated.
mojtra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-22, 23:27   #52
CheshireBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojtra View Post

But perhaps it would be an idea for the future to explain a little more to the visitors how the positive and negative ratings are calculated.
I actually think that's great because when you review it you don't know how it will be rated so it's easier to be fair in my opinion.

I got a level upload, on TRcustoms it came out "neutral" and that same person uploaded his review on TRLE.net and it came out as 9/10.

I think with numbers you can easily get the feeling of "giving too much" or "giving too little" depending on your own experience of the level. Without numbers or knowing how it works, the review comes out more naturel I think.

I trust more the "neutral" review that came out from trcustom than the 9/10 that same person gave me on TRLE.net ! (even if I am very flattered they gave me such high numbers)
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-22, 11:11   #53
Kubsy

I agree and here
Kubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-22, 16:29   #54
Craig Michaels

Putting in a request for mobile / tablet support, I know it hasn’t been implemented yet but hope someday to be able to read and write reviews more easily! Thanks for all the website work so far.
Craig Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-22, 17:00   #55
Kubsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Michaels View Post
Putting in a request for mobile / tablet support, I know it hasn’t been implemented yet but hope someday to be able to read and write reviews more easily! Thanks for all the website work so far.
But the mobile/tablet support works now, no? It works perfectly on my end.
Kubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-22, 22:13   #56
adngel

Well, I'm not sure about this issue, but, is the "action" tag getting somehow generic?

When I search that tag I expect to find a level with several action moments, but some of the levels I played in that category... well, there are enemies, some trap here and there, but are quite relaxed like many other levels around.

Making slow and calmed levels is not a bad approach, just that when I'm looking for those adredaline boosters, and I wonder if action tag is the way to find them.

(Another is the "adventure" tag, every level is an adventure, I'm not very sure how to use or expect of that one. O_ò).
adngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-22, 00:14   #57
perryloo

Really like the new custom level website, going to join

QUESTION....Does this website simply duplicate all the custom games in TRLE.net, or is there new games in this website that are not on TRLE?
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-22, 00:51   #58
adngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryloo View Post
Really like the new custom level website, going to join

QUESTION....Does this website simply duplicate all the custom games in TRLE.net, or is there new games in this website that are not on TRLE?
When the new website was created, it brought the levels from the TRLE.net, but since then, that deppends of each author, if they want to send their levels to one, the other, or both.
adngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-22, 01:45   #59
perryloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by adngel View Post
When the new website was created, it brought the levels from the TRLE.net, but since then, that deppends of each author, if they want to send their levels to one, the other, or both.
Thank you for explaining
perryloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-22, 17:02   #60
sackboy123

How come some levels don't have download links, mainly the ones that got removed from TRLE.Net years back. But then we have download links for Neon God and Jade Empire which got removed for the same reasons. So why does the new website have these aviliable but not any others
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote