www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 22-01-22, 17:56   #1041
reborninshadow
Explorer

My current plans for the patcher are like this, may change if I figure out how to do other things until they are released:

v1.2.5

- Add v49 compatibility
- Fix compatibility issues when using the option to remove stairs animations with Sasho's modded exe

v1.3.0

- Enable weapons when hugging walls & shooting from cover (experimental)
- Enable skipping conversation voice lines (experimental)

Later on I am also thinking about releasing these modifications for the PS2 PAL version in some form. Maybe as cheats or as an xdelta patch for the game rom, haven't decided yet.

Last edited by reborninshadow; 22-01-22 at 18:10.
reborninshadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-22, 01:21   #1042
adamtombraider
Explorer

Would it be possible for you to fix that horrible glitch where you see inside Lara's head and her eyes stare back at you.
adamtombraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-22, 16:50   #1043
Bio_Cell
Hobbyist

Any info about Mrs Carvier's apartment and Bouchard's hideout gmx release?
Bio_Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-22, 16:51   #1044
LateRaider
Professor

we're working on stuff. mostly conjuring up ideas. things have been quiet b/c jathom, trjta, reborn, and i have moved discussions elsewhere to promote ease of flow. i will say that we have a bunch of ideas that we hope get implemented.

fixing this game is going to take time and care. just hang tight ♥ we've waited 19 years, we can wait a bit more. (i say "we" b/c i'm also excited to play the next release of restored )
Old 25-01-22, 19:31   #1045
reborninshadow
Explorer

I will return to level modifications once I add the features I am planning to the patcher which I listed above

Those levels you are asking for are pretty much done so they will be out soon once I return to level modifications.
Old 26-01-22, 06:00   #1046
kelvinsecolo
Hobbyist

Everything is set and ready for the new release. Just can't wait.

@reborninshadows again, thank you so much for everything you're doing for the AoD community. I think that this is the furthest we've come since 2003 when it comes to restoration.

Please, keep up with your amazing work.
Let me know if you need anyone to test stuff at anytime.
kelvinsecolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-22, 13:10   #1047
Jathom95
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
we're working on stuff. mostly conjuring up ideas. things have been quiet b/c jathom, trjta, reborn, and i have moved discussions elsewhere to promote ease of flow. i will say that we have a bunch of ideas that we hope get implemented.

fixing this game is going to take time and care. just hang tight ♥ we've waited 19 years, we can wait a bit more. (i say "we" b/c i'm also excited to play the next release of restored )
Yep. What LateRaider said.

There's a lot of ideas being considered that I think you guys are going to absolutely love. Hopefully a good chunk will be able to be implemented. I won't spoil what it is, but I've been working on a particular one that I think the people that appreciate smaller details will like.

Last edited by Jathom95; 26-01-22 at 13:11.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-22, 22:59   #1048
reborninshadow
Explorer

Patcher V1.2.5 Release:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_Kv...ew?usp=sharing

Changes:

- Fixed compatibility issues when using the option to remove stairs animations on Sasho648's modded exe's

- Added compatibility for v49 game executables (including the camera relative movement mod by Sasho648). Just choose the v49 option after selecting the executable.

You don't need really need to download this if you were able to use the patcher without any issues previously, this is just a compatibility update.

Next update will include:

- Fix swerving left/right while hopping (this fix was found by Nakamichi680)
- Fix crashing near the lasers in Strahov Fortress (this fix was found by Sasho648)

Last edited by reborninshadow; 27-01-22 at 09:55.
Old 27-01-22, 01:40   #1049
kelvinsecolo
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
Patcher V1.2.5 Release:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zzc...ew?usp=sharing

Changes:

- Fixed compatibility issues when using the option to remove stairs animations on Sasho648's modded exe's

- Added compatibility for v49 game executables (including the camera relative movement mod by Sasho648). Just choose the v49 option after selecting the executable.

You don't need really need to download this if you were able to use the patcher without any issues previously, this is just a compatibility update.

Next update will include:

- Fix swerving left/right while hopping (this fix was found by Nakamichi680)
- Fix crashing near the lasers in Strahov Fortress (this fix was found by Sasho648)
AMAZING! Thanks reborn

Everything is working fine, apparently. Execpt for one bug I did noticed in the v49 version. If Lara is still and jumps (regradless of the direction), when she lands she will stays still even if we press forward. In the v52version, we can start running right after we land, in the sequence. This is something that we used to had in the classics and that make the combat/gameplay a lot easier. I hope I made it clear explaining the way I did, but if you want I can record a video.

In the next release, could you also please include a button to enable the wall hit animation which is missing in the v49 executable?

Looking forward already to test the weapons enabled when rugging walls
kelvinsecolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-22, 08:07   #1050
reborninshadow
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinsecolo View Post
AMAZING! Thanks reborn

Everything is working fine, apparently. Execpt for one bug I did noticed in the v49 version. If Lara is still and jumps (regradless of the direction), when she lands she will stays still even if we press forward. In the v52version, we can start running right after we land, in the sequence. This is something that we used to had in the classics and that make the combat/gameplay a lot easier. I hope I made it clear explaining the way I did, but if you want I can record a video.

In the next release, could you also please include a button to enable the wall hit animation which is missing in the v49 executable?

Looking forward already to test the weapons enabled when rugging walls
Thanks for reporting, I'll fix it soon.

I'll add an option for that if I figure out how it's done.