www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 09-12-21, 16:33   #931
jvry
Student

Hey, if the Blues Brothers can pull off sunglasses in the dark, why can't Lara? Sometimes aesthetics don't need to make real world sense.
jvry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-21, 17:26   #932
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
Are you referring to how she'll sometimes pause briefly before actually moving left/right, or even starts spinning around for some reason?
https://youtu.be/qm5_lweghrA?t=55 I'm talking about this. Sure here norsk used hidden weapons but it also happens with regular ones. In TRAOD it is barely possible to make Lara run left/right while aiming at enemy. She seems to be only designed to either run forward or gallop backwards, but left/right is broken.

Last edited by Caesum; 09-12-21 at 17:29.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-21, 23:02   #933
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
https://youtu.be/qm5_lweghrA?t=55 I'm talking about this. Sure here norsk used hidden weapons but it also happens with regular ones. In TRAOD it is barely possible to make Lara run left/right while aiming at enemy. She seems to be only designed to either run forward or gallop backwards, but left/right is broken.
If I recall, it's the PC Port being broken.

On PS2, she can but because the PC keyboard controls don't quite perfectly replicate the analog stick due to being rushed, the game basically thinks you're holding "Right/Left but also slightly forwards" when you try to strafe, so Lara strafes forwards.
Old 10-12-21, 13:53   #934
_Seth
Professor

Deleting the ledge grab recover animation for normal ledges and ladders would be nice, if possible. Kurtis doesn't fail at grabbing ladders, in case access to his ladder grab animation could work as a substitute.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 11:19   #935
reborninshadow
Explorer

To make the game stop targeting enemies immediately once they're dead, do these changes:

Find: 85 C0 74 05 E8 00
Replace With: 85 C0 7C 05 E8 00

Like the previous changes, there may be bugs with this that I didn't notice. The enemies really need to be "dead" for this to work (so they need to go into ragdoll mode), otherwise it has the same behaviour as before so when using the taser or the tranquilizer for example it will still target them for a bit.
reborninshadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 12:35   #936
FairFriend
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by reborninshadow View Post
To make the game stop targeting enemies immediately once they're dead, do these changes:

Find: 85 C0 74 05 E8 00
Replace With: 85 C0 7C 05 E8 00

Like the previous changes, there may be bugs with this that I didn't notice. The enemies really need to be "dead" for this to work (so they need to go into ragdoll mode), otherwise it has the same behaviour as before so when using the taser or the tranquilizer for example it will still target them for a bit.
Thanks for all the improvements, reborn. Can this hack be used in conjuction with the previous one that disabled the targeting camera as soon as you holstered the weapons?

Also, theoretically speaking, if you were able to intecept the call to the rag-doll routine, do you think you'd be able to disable the camera for knocked-down enemies as well?
FairFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 12:41   #937
reborninshadow
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairFriend View Post
Thanks for all the improvements, reborn. Can this hack be used in conjuction with the previous one that disabled the targeting camera as soon as you holstered the weapons?

Also, theoretically speaking, if you were able to intecept the call to the rag-doll routine, do you think you'd be able to disable the camera for knocked-down enemies as well?
I tested this along with the previous change so yes, you should use it with that.

I'll look more into the camera later on but can't say anything for sure now.
Old 12-12-21, 13:01   #938
ATombRaiderFan
Explorer

Sorry to go off topic but I thought this might be the right place to ask a question regarding the Multi Patch, not to be confused with Nakamichi680's Multi-Patcher. The Multi Patch comes with a file called PIERRE.chr, I never seen it referenced in any AoD setup guide so does anyone know what PIERRE.chr fixes and is it still recommended to be included in the AoD installation?

BTW great job with everything so far, reborninshadow!
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 13:03   #939
Jathom95
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
Sorry to go off topic but I thought this might be the right place to ask a question regarding the Multi Patch, not to be confused with Nakamichi680's Multi-Patcher. The Multi Patch comes with a file called PIERRE.chr, I never seen it referenced in any AoD setup guide so does anyone know what PIERRE.chr fixes and is it still recommended to be included in the AoD installation?

BTW great job with everything so far, reborninshadow!
It's part of the v52 official patch, I think so anyway. In the retail v39 version (and possibly others) there's an issue with Pierre's head mesh that, according to what I've read, causes parts of it to disappear randomly or something.

Though I've never seen it myself. I've always played the PC version fully patched.

Last edited by Jathom95; 12-12-21 at 13:05.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-21, 13:06   #940
reborninshadow
Explorer

I don't know exactly what it does but I do remember having issues where half of Pierre's face would go missing when I was first playing the game and my version was definitely the first unpatched release. It's most likely a fix for that like Jathom said.