www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 01-03-21, 22:21   #3791
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

I feel the same but mine is Egypt. I love Egypt, it's one of my favourite countries and the history/myths are amazing but I would love for Lara to go somewhere never seen in the franchise before.
Old Yesterday, 18:10   #3792
Guy N. Cognito
Hobbyist

- Willard is Natla's crappy copy just as Amanda is Von Croy's crappy copy.

- TR3 is overrated. It's a good game, but it's really annoying: poorly structured levels, an excess of vehicles, with uncomfortable controls, and a storyline that has always seemed incomplete and inefficiently explained.

- Lara's characterization in TLR and in C is the best of the whole series. It felt very balanced and coherent to me, compared to how it was in TR3, which was a sarcastic and unsympathetic back and forth.

- Lara Croft, as a character, died in 2003. When Crystal got its hands on Lara for the first time with Tomb Raider Legend (which to me still remains the most memorable and best of the LAU trilogy) it did nothing but damage her: they gradually made her lose her identity coming to the present day with the reboot, so much so as to be, for my taste, quite anonymous.
The death of the parents has ruined everything and makes the stories very obvious and uninspired.
Lara appears more like an American actor in an action movie than a British adventurer.

- As a fan of The Simpsons, who has seen all the episodes so far aired in Italy (up to the 31st. Yes, I also watch the new episodes and also with immense pleasure), I realized that there are similarities between the two.
The first 4 games produced by Core are the first 10 seasons, products that have forged and established an iconic series.
Chronicles is The Principal and the Pauper of the series, due to declining interest from developers and negative and mediocre receptions.
Angel of Darkness is the Movie: unfinished game, but epic
The Crystal's eras (LAU and Reboot) are the seasons following the golden age: everyone has their own tastes, there are those who love them and those who despise them. I really like the new seasons, but you can see how it doesn't work like it used to. In the new episodes Homer is more idiotic than he used to be, making him a less vulgar Peter Griffin, and I sometimes struggle to recognize him as such (The new Homer being "raped" by a panda is the same Homer who, after greeting his mother, sadly sits on his car in the middle of a road in a starry night. Same thing for Lara: would that reboot crybaby be the Lara Croft we all know before she establish herself as such?)
For the Homer of the new episodes I found a remedy: I ​​pretend that it has aged and therefore the effects of the Simpson Gene, together with those of the crayon in the brain, have increased more and more over the years.
For Reboot Lara instead no, nothing to do: I only appreciate the ambiences.
Guy N. Cognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:23   #3793
SnatchingEdges
Professor

Amanda>Wiener Von Crap
Old Yesterday, 19:37   #3794
PallasAthene
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy N. Cognito View Post
- Willard is Natla's crappy copy just as Amanda is Von Croy's crappy copy.

- TR3 is overrated. It's a good game, but it's really annoying: poorly structured levels, an excess of vehicles, with uncomfortable controls, and a storyline that has always seemed incomplete and inefficiently explained.
The quad bike sections were horrific (especially India). The only fun quad bike course was at Lara’s home.
Old Yesterday, 20:26   #3795
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

I don't think I could ever get bored of Latin America as a setting, it's one of my favourite regions, but yeah for other people I can see why it's overkill.

I want Lara to visit India again, or even just have an entire game set in Britain exploring British archaeological sites, that would be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges View Post
Amanda>Wiener Von Crap
Amanda all day
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 00:01   #3796
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

^ Amanda >>>>>>the entire TR cast (except for Lara)

--------

Bartoli's Hideout is the best Italy level in TR2. It's part of an epiphany I had 2 minutes ago.
Old Today, 00:12   #3797
xdesperado_
Explorer

Amanda was the best character from the LAU era, and I hated how underused she was in Underworld. I giggled when Alister died.
xdesperado_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:02   #3798
TrustyBow
Professor

Totally here for this Amanda love. Best villain