Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 20-03-23, 22:07   #521
charmedangelin

Alyssa is so damn fake. She recently said in an interview back in October that she's cool with Rose, but then she tweeted this and many other things against Rose that were just outright vile and rude.

https://twitter.com/Alyssa_Milano/st...ZGlHgY9fg&s=19

Edit

I also remember in another tweet where she outright call Rose crazy. I can't wait until Shannon spills all the tea.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 20-03-23 at 22:14.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-23, 13:34   #522
xdesperado_

Shannen launched her podcast, and HMC was a featured guest.

The tea is piping hot.
xdesperado_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-23, 17:11   #523
Tombraider95

About time!

I'm glad there was a part 2 because the episode was winding down and we hadn't even got to the 3rd season yet.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-23, 17:58   #524
charmedangelin

Part 2 was very interesting, my mom told me for years about the ultimatum that led to Shannon getting fired, but I never saw it confirmed until now. Ultimately it sounds like there was a lot of bad on all sides, but most of the drama was caused by Alyssa's mother who had a lot of strings to pull in Hollywood.

What is definitely really ****ed up is how Alyssa planned to get Shannon fired by documenting all their disagreements and then ran to Hollywood's big time lawyer to threaten the show with a hostile workplace lawsuit if Shannon wasn't fired.

After all this tea I seriously doubt the girls will ever work together again. Holly even quips how she'd only do a reunion if they used green screens for cast members they disagreed with.

Personally I knew Alyssa was a problem when she pushed her fake activism and refused to acknowledge Tara Reids story against the president despite her "believe all women" campaign. Rose McGowan rightfully read Alyssa to filth.

At least we finally got our questions answered.
Old 19-12-23, 22:28   #525
jajay119

Personally if Doherty were in better health I'd love to see a continuation set in an alternate universe where Phoebe diednot Prue and Paige assumed Phoebe's powers. The premonitions and empathy link much better with her whitelighter side than the telekinesis imo.

They could even use the end of the rebooted series to springboard it. We know they entered the classic Charmed manor, but it could have been another universe than the one we know.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-23, 23:35   #526
xdesperado_

I admire Alyssa's performance during the first two seasons, when Phoebe was most likeable. Then it all went downhill after as the character became insufferable.

It's unfortunate the show relied heavily on the over-the-top costumes - especially during seasons 5-6, where sisters were in superhero, goddess and valkyrie outfits. I can't help but cringe when I rewatch these seasons. Although season 7 did rectify by keeping things grounded.

I mostly believe Shannen, as I do find Alyssa to be questionable and comes across as self-righteous. Especially how she publicly posted about Britney Spears needing to be checked on.
Old 23-12-23, 10:09   #527
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdesperado_ View Post
I admire Alyssa's performance during the first two seasons, when Phoebe was most likeable. Then it all went downhill after as the character became insufferable.

It's unfortunate the show relied heavily on the over-the-top costumes - especially during seasons 5-6, where sisters were in superhero, goddess and valkyrie outfits. I can't help but cringe when I rewatch these seasons. Although season 7 did rectify by keeping things grounded.

I mostly believe Shannen, as I do find Alyssa to be questionable and comes across as self-righteous. Especially how she publicly posted about Britney Spears needing to be checked on.
I think it correlated with her getting more involved with the production side of stuff. I know Holly did too but it definitely became The Phoebe Halliwell Show at times and I didn't like that.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-23, 12:02   #528
charmedangelin

Honestly, the fact that Alyssa was suddenly first in the opening is a dead giveaway that Shannon is 100% on the money. I definitely agree that later seasons were focused too much on Phoebe.
Old 23-12-23, 21:57   #529
Zelda master

Phoebe becomes utterly evil and is always portrayed as being in the right, regardless of how terrible her actions are. She's selfish, is willing to indirectly kill people because: "Magic is tiresome, I just want a boyfriend.' and somehow the show becomes the biggest self serving show I've ever seen. It's insane...
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-23, 15:23   #530
xdesperado_

There was that one bad episode in season 8, with Phoebe narrating it as if she was Carrie from Sex and the City.

I think Coop was brought far too late into the show, as the Phoebe/Coop story was very rushed.