Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 04-05-08, 22:05   #541
Rivendell

Beautiful work, Aussie Have you managed to get yourself a copy of that book?
Rivendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-08, 22:09   #542
Vertigo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drone View Post
exactly that FMV

Well skeletons in tr4 could be killed tho but in aod we had no explosive weapons so we could only lure them to pit
Skeletons in TR4 could be killed without explosive weapons! You can shoot their head off. Whatever we had no a laser sight in AoD, so...

By the way you can kill those two guirdians in Last Domain (?). I dunno it`s bug or not.

Last edited by Vertigo; 04-05-08 at 22:10.
Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 01:33   #543
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivendell View Post
Beautiful work, Aussie Have you managed to get yourself a copy of that book?
Yes it now been added to my little collection. Next l will be after that Tomb Raider Style Guide (not the AOD one), unless someone scans it for us.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 01:53   #544
kryptonite23

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
They have all been posted before as smaller versions, that has nothing to do with gifs though?
I thought it was a gif

Anyway,nice pics
kryptonite23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 03:36   #545
aussie500
Golden

A few more larger versions of the artbook concept art.

Last edited by aussie500; 05-05-08 at 09:27.
Old 05-05-08, 04:09   #546
tombraiderxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
Lara sprayed something at the guard in the louvre, the handcuffs were in a completely different location

Sorry l do not have a link to the video, although l am sure it would be on youtube somewhere. l can provide screenshots, if that would help. We never saw Lara hiding in any buildings in the trailer, you might be thinking of the start of the game itself where Lara runs into a building.

This is not the museum, it is only a large single story warehouse, it could not be the building in the concept art.

Maybe Lara used pepper spray on the guard!

But just watching that trailer was so cool, with the lara parts, but the rest of the trailer with the warehouse scared the heck outta me! I think the sleeper was in handcuffs
tombraiderxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 04:12   #547
rowanlim

Whoa...I've never seen these new screens before...they are from the Parisian Backstreets level right?
rowanlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 07:58   #548
Rivendell

They're from the very first TR6 trailer:

Did you get the book from Ebay, Aussie? (If so, which country's ebay did you get it from?) What's the actual title of the book? - it's something I one day hope to get hold of myself.

Last edited by Rivendell; 05-05-08 at 08:08.
Rivendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 08:19   #549
NightWish

The 1st consept here shows the cutscene where lara jumps to grab this fence(I think thats teh word for it) and then falls down in the garbige!
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-08, 09:12   #550
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowanlim View Post
Whoa...I've never seen these new screens before...they are from the Parisian Backstreets level right?
They are from the Parisian levels from the start of the game to Carvier's Apartment, the drain pipe that breaks in the cutscene before Carvier's apartment was actually much further away from the starting point, not where the fence was. l would say this was a very early concept, and later they have made the area much bigger and divided it up. Then most of the Parisian Backstreets level was cut out. The use of stealth in the story boards, whether it be creeping past as two policeman talked, crawling through an area to avoid detection or the use of distractions is quite good, unfortunately it was cut from the final game. Perhaps the cats were changed to dogs, as something that would obviously draw attention more than a cat. It was a pity we never got the map with Carvier's address but in the final version the area's were separated anyway so l suppose it would have been impractical

The art was actually posted before, you just needed very good eyes to see what it was.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...&postcount=210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivendell View Post
They're from the very first TR6 trailer:

Did you get the book from Ebay, Aussie? (If so, which country's ebay did you get it from?) What's the actual title of the book? - it's something I one day hope to get hold of myself.
The Artbook can be obtained on www.amazon.co.jp but only one vender will send it overseas, the second from the bottom.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-lis...2003289&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-la...nguage=en%5FJP

l gave James Kenny the link a while ago because he was thinking of buying a copy himself, so wanted to give him a chance to get one before the AOD fans snapped them all up.

Last edited by aussie500; 05-05-08 at 09:31.