www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 27-12-19, 23:08   #11
killchan
Explorer

No.

The franchise isn't dead yet and Crystal knows classic TR better than anyone else.
That's how they managed to carefully do the opposite.

I'd rather wait and see what they're up to (possibly a revamped version of the classic vision) for free, than pledge to some developers who's been out of the loop for decades and are going to inevitably under deliver on every aspect because of this or that missed stretch goal.

Last edited by killchan; 27-12-19 at 23:09.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-19, 23:19   #12
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
No.

The franchise isn't dead yet and Crystal knows classic TR better than anyone else.
That's how they managed to carefully do the opposite.

I'd rather wait and see what they're up to (possibly a revamped version of the classic vision) for free, than pledge to some developers who's been out of the loop for decades and are going to inevitably under deliver on every aspect because of this or that missed stretch goal.
Yeah but the Classic Version clearly won't sell as much as the Uncharted money they're clearly chasing.
Old 27-12-19, 23:51   #13
killchan
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Yeah but the Classic Version clearly won't sell as much as the Uncharted money they're clearly chasing.
My hope is that they will look around at what's goin on, forget the Uncharted money and convince themselves that there's Tomb Raider money to be made if they tried.

Last edited by killchan; 27-12-19 at 23:55.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-19, 23:52   #14
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
My hope is that they will look around at what's goin on, forget the Uncharted money and convince themselves that there's Tomb Raider money to be made if they tried.
Yeah but is it as much?

I dunno maybe they prefer that kinda gameplay themselves and it's not money, I dunno.

I just know personally I'm not too big a fan anyway but Reboot manages to tip the scale enough to hate territory.
Old 27-12-19, 23:54   #15
killchan
Explorer

Modernizing that model is possible.
Old 28-12-19, 06:36   #16
dg1995
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Am I the only one that believes that it won't sell well due to the existence of TR Level Editor ?

Because they think like "Why should we make a TR game similar to the classic ones when fans can easily make classic style TR levels in that level editor for free ?"

I'm pretty sure that even if they make it similar to classic ones, fans will hate it for "being inferior to fan made levels".
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-19, 11:13   #17
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER View Post
Most of them have retired by now or have stopped working in the industry. Technology have moved on a lot from 2003, and they were not able to keep up back then. I don't see this working out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
I'm pretty sure that even if they make it similar to classic ones, fans will hate it for "being inferior to fan made levels".
Then that’s the fans’ problem. They pledged for what? A Classic Tomb Raider-like game. It may be in the same quality as TRLE, but it’s made by the developers we all and love.

They’re old and retired, not experienced with today’s gaming industry. What are people waiting from them? An AAA game exclusive to PS5???

This is really unlikely....
Old 28-12-19, 13:51   #18
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER View Post
Most of them have retired by now or have stopped working in the industry. Technology have moved on a lot from 2003, and they were not able to keep up back then. I don't see this working out.
I don't think that people in this thread think it's actually going to happen. It's more of a fun what-if scenario.