www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 21-11-20, 00:58   #6701
Zebra
Legend

Yeah, it probably is just a matter of them not wanting to be responsible for it. Then again, CD does have a history of being kinda weird about giving Core credit. There are obviously some people there who love the Core games (like Meagan) but by and large the vibe I've gotten from CD as a company has generally been that they're quite dismissive of Core's work (i.e. "teflon/ice queen Lara"). So even though the game is super unfinished (and the assets Ash has even moreso), maybe they just don't want fans comparing Core's remake to their own. I don't know. If it's Square calling the shots, I think they won't really care and the only reason they said no is to cover their arses. If the decision came from CD (and I do believe that CD have a lot of freedom when it comes to the handling of the Tomb Raider IP so it's possible), I could see it being more than that.

In any case, it's comforting to know that at least some of the assets from the game are in safe hands and won't be lost to time. Of course, it'd be nice to see them released sooner rather than later but we've waited so long already, what are a few more years at this point ?
Old 21-11-20, 16:32   #6702
Joey79100
Professor

As said by Ash himself, it will be published one way or another, it's just a matter of time. Just be patient. He's done a hell lot for the community, you can at least give him that in return.
Old 22-11-20, 23:02   #6703
New Dwight
Professor

When TRUE happens to be the allowance of TRAE.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote