www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 21-11-20, 20:46   #30241
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider8 View Post
Ghostblade keeps saying the next game is a sequel to shadow. What if it's connected to it in some way or maybe I'm dragging it. The patched out ending clearly indicates a TR1 story ahead however since it's not canon anymore so they can take any direction with the next game.
The original ending was just supposed to be a nod to fans, easter egg, who appreciate the old franchise. I don’t believe it had any indication that it was related to anything or have anything to do with the games moving forward lol.
Old 21-11-20, 22:02   #30242
Raider8
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
The original ending was just supposed to be a nod to fans, easter egg, who appreciate the old franchise. I don’t believe it had any indication that it was related to anything or have anything to do with the games moving forward lol.
I don't think so. According to that ending lara was supposed to meet Natla (and possibly find the pieces of the scion) however if they did that, then they may have to be bound by that direction and i think they wanted to be free in regards to the concept of the next game. Patching the original ending now means that they can claim it's not canon and consider moving with different new stories for the next set of games. However there have been some hints that the next game could be a reimagining of TR1. Examples include a croft manor dlc that was very close to TR1 Lara's Home which got scrapped and might get moved to the next game, and the new 25th anniversary weta statue having classic style Lara with reboot Lara's face on it.
Raider8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-20, 03:38   #30243
techno-atom
Explorer

I just don't see why they would go through all the effort of rebooting Lara Croft with an origin trilogy of games that went so far out of their way to separate themselves from classic only to connect it to the classic games other than it being an easter egg.

Then again who knows what they have planned. Maybe they will do a soft reboot of classic under the identity of the current Lara.
Old 22-11-20, 12:34   #30244
LNSNHGTDS
Relic Hunter

While I don't agree with all the marketing decisions of the Reboot I don't think the "forget everything you knew" line was meant to be taken seriously. We weren't supposed to accept that this Lara has absolutely no connection to the original in any way shape or form, they just wanted to present an origin's story for the character we all know. That being said, I don't think she's gonna magically transform into Classic Lara now but we'll be seeing more qualities of her now and maybe even a repurposed version of her original adventure which still remains the most iconic and memorable for a lot of people.
Old 22-11-20, 12:35   #30245
Raider8
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by techno-atom View Post
I just don't see why they would go through all the effort of rebooting Lara Croft with an origin trilogy of games that went so far out of their way to separate themselves from classic only to connect it to the classic games other than it being an easter egg.

Then again who knows what they have planned. Maybe they will do a soft reboot of classic under the identity of the current Lara.
I don't know much but it seems that SE (or CD) wanted to start with a new incarnation of lara croft (Katniss everdeen with dual axes) in their minds with her own story fully unrelated to classic lara. However it turned out that the classic iconography and gameplay style left such a strong mark that people till today complain about the lack of classic tomb raider elements in the new games. Could be possible that they realized what the fans want to see after 2013 since we witnessed classic easter eggs and gameplay elements in rise and more in shadow (if dlc8 counts). So i think they'd consider going back to the roots but we never know. The next game is gonna be really important for the franchise since we're done with the origins trilogy. I'd say the next game could be the real defining moment depending on how her character would emerge as.
Raider8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-20, 13:22   #30246
LNSNHGTDS
Relic Hunter

I do feel like ever since 2016 there's been a shift towards embracing Lara's classic identity more so I'm hopeful for more of them getting reintroduced.
Old 22-11-20, 15:25   #30247
AimlessThunder
Professor

I hope that the next game won't be a reimagined TR1 with reboot Lara.. I just want new and original stories.
But if they plan to remake the original trilogy, it could sort of work, but I think that the fans want remastered versions with similar gameplay to the original games.
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-20, 19:39   #30248
LateRaider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS View Post
While I don't agree with all the marketing decisions of the Reboot I don't think the "forget everything you knew" line was meant to be taken seriously. We weren't supposed to accept that this Lara has absolutely no connection to the original in any way shape or form, they just wanted to present an origin's story for the character we all know. That being said, I don't think she's gonna magically transform into Classic Lara now but we'll be seeing more qualities of her now and maybe even a repurposed version of her original adventure which still remains the most iconic and memorable for a lot of people.
crystal have been scamming us with their taglines for a while. tbh core did too with aod's entire marketing campaign

2006 - "from tomb raider to legend"
2008 - "epic"
2013 - "forget everything you know about lara croft"
2015 - "we become who we're meant to be"
2018 - "embrace lara's destiny and become the tomb raider"
Old 22-11-20, 20:40   #30249
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
crystal have been scamming us with their taglines for a while. tbh core did too with aod's entire marketing campaign

2006 - "from tomb raider to legend"
2008 - "epic"
2013 - "forget everything you know about lara croft"
2015 - "we become who we're meant to be"
2018 - "embrace lara's destiny and become the tomb raider"
2021/22 - Embrace the destiny of an epic legend you're meant to be
Old 22-11-20, 22:16   #30250
LateRaider
Professor

Fallen from epic. Reborn in legend. Haunted by forgetting. Confronted by destiny. Become who you're meant to be in Era of the Tomb Raider.