Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 18-11-18, 00:19   #11
Kirishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest TR View Post
Is any reason why you would do? It's technically the same game. If you can do Tomb Raider unfinished business for PS1, that would be awesome and I will totally play it on PlayStation console for old time sake, Same for TR2 Golden Mask and TR3 Lost Artifacts which I haven't played yet. I refuse to play it on PC because it isn't the same feeling as the console
I think you just answered your own question. However, as for converting those levels, they would likely have to be altered or possibly cut down due to memory constraints that the pc versions don't have. The Tomb Raider Gold Playstation conversions from several years ago had problems because of this, TR2 Gold didn't even get released because of this.

Last edited by Kirishima; 18-11-18 at 00:20.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-18, 07:18   #12
b122251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
However, as for converting those levels, they would likely have to be altered or possibly cut down due to memory constraints that the pc versions don't have. The Tomb Raider Gold Playstation conversions from several years ago had problems because of this, TR2 Gold didn't even get released because of this.
Actually, the problem isn't as bad as you think. For example, in the TR1 GOLD levels. "Atlantean Stronghold" and "The Hive" can just be converted without modification using my tool. "Return to Egypt" and "Temple of the Cat" need some work, but I'm looking into them. Most TRLE levels work as well. The biggest problem I've encountered with this is that the PSX-version only supports 13 texture tiles, and a lot of TRLE levels use more than that. So it's actually quite possible to convert most TRLE levels. I myself have without alteration converted Fenician Temple 2 and the entire Recovering the Scion. I have also done The Halcyon Lodge, but that required some texture modification, because of the 13-tile problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatlaTechs View Post
What about a Tomb Raider 1 Golden Mask on PS1? (JK)
Patience...
b122251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-18, 11:38   #13
Greatest TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by b122251 View Post
Actually, the problem isn't as bad as you think. For example, in the TR1 GOLD levels. "Atlantean Stronghold" and "The Hive" can just be converted without modification using my tool. "Return to Egypt" and "Temple of the Cat" need some work, but I'm looking into them. Most TRLE levels work as well. The biggest problem I've encountered with this is that the PSX-version only supports 13 texture tiles, and a lot of TRLE levels use more than that. So it's actually quite possible to convert most TRLE levels. I myself have without alteration converted Fenician Temple 2 and the entire Recovering the Scion. I have also done The Halcyon Lodge, but that required some texture modification, because of the 13-tile problem.

Patience...
You have my massive respect for you Anyway, thank you for all your hard work so far.
Greatest TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-18, 21:09   #14
b122251

Quote:
Originally Posted by archfiend View Post
I was waiting for a mod like this to convert the braid mod into PS1 but i'm really bad at using these programs. How can i import PHD files to PSX file. I tried readme file but couldn't get it at all.
So the first thing to know is that this is a command-line program. A command-line is a bit of an old way of interacting with a computer, but it is at the core of any computer system. Under windows it is called "cmd", and under Mac and Linux it is called the terminal. To use this program, it is the easiest to put the PHD level you want to convert in the same folder as the program, then you open a command-line and go to the folder the program is in and type the name of the program, followed by the name of the PHD-file. That should do the trick.

This program is pretty simple to use, so I don't think you'll have a lot of problems with it. If you have trouble using the command-line, there is a lot of information on how to use them online.

Sorry if this was over-simplified.
Old 19-11-18, 23:35   #15
NoahCrofRaider

This tool opens up a lot of possibilities! Thank you so much for making it!

Quote:
Another amazing tool, b122251. Thank you for sharing it
What about a Tomb Raider 1 Golden Mask on PS1? (JK)
[]https://i.imgur.com/sYcN7IP.png[/img]

[]https://i.imgur.com/8WHRh3b.png[/img]
This looks great, and I won’t lie, I’d love if this actually happened. After all, Golden Mask uses some TR1 enemies IIRC.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-18, 07:58   #16
b122251

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
This tool opens up a lot of possibilities! Thank you so much for making it!
This looks great, and I wont lie, Id love if this actually happened. After all, Golden Mask uses some TR1 enemies IIRC.
I like the way you're thinking, but I think I can do better than that. Give me some time. For now, enjoy my tool.
And thank you for the compliment.
Old 21-11-18, 08:22   #17
archfiend

Quote:
So the first thing to know is that this is a command-line program. A command-line is a bit of an old way of interacting with a computer, but it is at the core of any computer system. Under windows it is called "cmd", and under Mac and Linux it is called the terminal. To use this program, it is the easiest to put the PHD level you want to convert in the same folder as the program, then you open a command-line and go to the folder the program is in and type the name of the program, followed by the name of the PHD-file. That should do the trick.

This program is pretty simple to use, so I don't think you'll have a lot of problems with it. If you have trouble using the command-line, there is a lot of information on how to use them online.

Sorry if this was over-simplified.
Thank you so much. I'll give it a try.
archfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-18, 17:05   #18
NatlaTechs
Inactive

Quote:
What program do you use to edit the number of pages in a level? I'm having trouble to convert to PSX due to this limit...
NatlaTechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-18, 23:00   #19
Suikaze Raider

b122251, you did an amazing job as always

Quote:
What program do you use to edit the number of pages in a level? I'm having trouble to convert to PSX due to this limit...
Open the level with Fexmenger and save it using this program (The unused textures will be removed)

Don't use TRViewer for that; it could break some animations...

Regards

Last edited by Suikaze Raider; 27-11-18 at 21:24.
Suikaze Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-18, 01:40   #20
NobleElite

I'm confused I put everything in correctly, but nothing happens :/ Tried it on both Linux and Windows, I hope I'm doing something wrong

But either way, I can see this getting popular soon, so keep up with the fantastic work man!
NobleElite is offline   Reply With Quote