Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 21-09-20, 16:41   #21
TombRager

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Games with fetch quests asking you to find a random item you pick up from random spots on the ground that spawn randomly in a random area from a ridiculous area that's across the other end of the map that's hard as **** to get to because you don't even know where to look and don't know this ridiculous area exists. (Looking at you Xenoblade 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley_Manson View Post
Games that masquarade as open world games but are just a bunch of prolonged boring fetch quests cobbled together into a very unenjoyable time sinkhole.
Ugh I don't mind a couple of these here or there but when there is A LOT of NPCs wanting you to go there, kill X to get an item or go there and collect X amount of stuff all the time gets really repetitive. There's a lot of those on KOA:Reckoning it's kinda bummering sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAID View Post
First person perspective. I find it so hard to enjoy such games as for me I find it hard to enjoy a game playing as a walking pistol.
What do you feel about FPP games where you can actually see your entire body when looking down though? Like Mirror's Edge or ArmA.
TombRager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-20, 17:35   #22
SSJ6Wolf

1. 8bit and 16bit graphics. I know there’s been a revival of those since indie games started booming, but the market has become oversaturated with these looks, and it’s an eyesore to me.

2. Inconsistency. For example if a door doesn’t open when you approach it, all doors that look like it should behave in the same fashion, and breaking away from the pattern is a cheap way to stump the player. Controls are very important for consistency too, which is the reason I dislike how Lara jumps in the newer games. It’s like she is thinking, “I’m going to jump farther from this one spot because the level design requires it of me!” It’s immersion-breaking and also makes it difficult to know your options as a player.
SSJ6Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-20, 18:39   #23
DragonSlayer

Multiplayer no-one asked for or wanted for example Bioshock 2, Dead Space 2, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, RE5, RE6, GTA4 and Resident Evil 3 remake.

I played RE5 multiplayer twice it was the Wesker and Jill boss fight, the idiot I was playing with shot Jill not once but twice with the rocket launcher, after that I never played RE5 multiplayer again and didn't bother with RE6 multiplayer.

GTA4 multiplayer sucked and I frequently got disconnected several times the problem was with the GTA4 servers the other MP games I had at the time were unaffected, I didn't bother with the GTA5 multiplayer.

I only got one stable game of GTA4 multiplayer it was just me and one other on opposite ends of the map I was at the airport and he was somewhere I drove all the way to the other side of the map and found that he was on the roof of a building when I got there with no obvious roof access from ground level so I drove all the way back to the airport took a helicopter flew back landed and killed him without resistance, after that I had the entire map to myself so I quit and didn't bother with GTA4 multiplayer after that.

The same goes for co-op for example Dead Space 3 which would have been better off without unnecessary co-op DS3 was significantly less scary as a result.

The only game I played with great multiplayer is TLOU when I first heard that TLOU would have multiplayer I was like why then I played it and surprisingly enjoyed it.

I remember reading somewhere when Horizon Zero Dawn came out that some idiot wanted co-op patched into the game because he thought it would make the game more interesting, HZD definitely didn't need co-op it was just fine without it.

Not every game needs multiplayer or co-op and some games are better off without unnecessary co-op or multiplayer.

Before or after Fallout 4 was released I forget which I read somewhere that they had intended to include multiplayer in the game but decided against it which was a good idea because multiplayer in Fallout is a bad idea just look at Fallout 76.

Very irritating AI partners who get in the way, don't help, take everything for themselves and don't give me anything and frequently need to be saved when they run off and get surrounded by bad guys.

Sheva Alomar I'm looking at you, all she ever did was take everything that wasn't nailed down then have the nerve to ask for more ammo when she had it all on top of that leaving Chris to die while she runs around shooting at the bad guys she is nothing more than an evil hoover running around taking everything that wasn't nailed down, if only it had been possible to sacrifice her to Wesker.

There are 4 AI companions that are better than Sheva who were helpful Quiet from MGS5, D-Dog from MGS5, Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite and Ellie from TLOU.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-20, 19:35   #24
TombRager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ6Wolf View Post
1. 8bit and 16bit graphics. I know there’s been a revival of those since indie games started booming, but the market has become oversaturated with these looks, and it’s an eyesore to me.
I honestly don't mind the 8 and 16bit graphics but it bothers me when a game made in these styles require a damn NASA computer to run the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
Multiplayer no-one asked for or wanted for example Bioshock 2, Dead Space 2, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, RE5, RE6, GTA4 and Resident Evil 3 remake.
I don't mind multiplayer modes honestly, specially when it's co-op. If you have someone to play with it's very fun to screw around in co-op games and it's the one of my favorite multiplayer modes IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonSlayer View Post
Very irritating AI partners who get in the way, don't help, take everything for themselves and don't give me anything and frequently need to be saved when they run off and get surrounded by bad guys.
Oh man this gets on my nerves. Specially in the GTA games when you're trying to shoot and keep walking towards the direction you're shooting at while waving their arms around (specifically GTA:SA sometimes). Not referring to GTA now but not to mention aswell when NPCs in games have terrible pathfinding and won't follow you properly, keep halting suddenly, etc.
TombRager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-20, 19:44   #25
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ6Wolf View Post
Because those games are really really good. Your missing out on a lot of game of the year contenders by avoiding games due to 8bit or 16bit graphics. They've really created a lot of innovative and challenging games with that formula.
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-20, 11:11   #26
Ikas90
Globetrotter

Glitches that cause me to get killed.
Ikas90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-20, 12:47   #27
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikas90 View Post
IKR one day when I was playing Days Gone I was heading back to Lost Lake camp when Deke's motorbike suddenly exploded, a friend tried to convince me that it must have been sniper fire that caused the motorbike to explode which wasn't possible as I was right outside a friendly camp when the bike exploded and there were no enemies nearby and motorbikes in Days Gone don't explode when shot by a sniper and sniper fire is a frequent occurrence in Days Gone.
Old 22-09-20, 14:41   #28
Blue_light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikas90 View Post
This reminded me of a "Dead Space 3" glitch.

During the final boss fight, after a certain cutscene where Isaac lands on a platform, that platform disappears once the cutscene ends, making Isaac fall to his death.

This was extremely bad for the Hardcore mode runs, because you cannot afford to die, or else your entire save file will be deleted. Fortunately you could exploit it by transferring the save files onto a USB drive, but imagine if you were doing the "real" way.

Worse is that it was happening to me every single time I reached that part during my Hardcore run. The only way to stop it is to pause the game at a ridiculous precise moment when Isaac starts to fall, and wait until you see the platform loaded.

It was the worst.

---

For me it would be:

- Limited movement: For example in "The Last of Us", the "Uncharted" games, and even "Tomb Raider 2013" where the characters would only walk or jog, when I want to run.
- Healing super bosses
- Unskippable cutscenes
- "Tomb raider 2013"'s wobble camera moment. First camera that actually makes me sick.
- Inertia controls (think ice skating, where you need to first gain momentum, and later when stopping, the body is still moving forward)
- Goddawful camera angles.
- Being knocked down, and taking damage while not being able to move.
- Poor depth perception like "Tomb Raider 4" rope swinging, and "Tunguska: Legend of Faith" traps (9/10 you will not be able to avoid them)

Blue_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-20, 23:28   #29
SSJ6Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Because those games are really really good. Your missing out on a lot of game of the year contenders by avoiding games due to 8bit or 16bit graphics. They've really created a lot of innovative and challenging games with that formula.
I don't avoid them outright, I just think it usually looks unappealing. The only game whose graphics were actually a dealbreaker was Undertale. There are exceptions too, such as Sonic Mania where I hardly noticed that the graphics were 16-bit.

I don't really see how this kind of graphical limitation fits into a formula for innovative games.

Last edited by SSJ6Wolf; 22-09-20 at 23:32.
SSJ6Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-20, 12:45   #30
DragonSlayer

Glitches that prevent the game being saved.

Sims 3 I'm looking at you for anyone that doesn't know about this glitch when saving the game it would be on an infinite screen with the green diamond, this glitch didn't happen every time just sometimes either way it was very annoying.

I eventually found a solution that didn't always work but improved the chances of the game saving successfully before saving the game stop each sim from doing whatever they were doing then save the game and hope for the best.

It was particularly annoying when I would lose 10 hours of gameplay because of the save issue.

One person I read about years ago complained to EA about the save issue with the PS3 version of The Sims 3 and asked for information specific to the PS3 version they sent him the information he asked for which was for the Xbone version and not the PS3 version.

They should check for game breaking glitches and patch them instead of never fixing the game save glitch.

Going back to dumb AI partners team members in Mass Effect breaking cover and running towards enemy weapons fire regardless of how many times I told them to stay behind cover, this was especially frustrating in Mass Effect 2 on insanity difficulty specifically the collector ship mission it took me 6 months and what possibly several hundred variations of team members before I made it past the halfway point of that mission.

Long loading screens that sometimes stay on screen indefinitely prompting a reset, this only ever happened on Star Trek Voyager Elite Force PS2 version.