www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 11-01-20, 18:12   #251
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSU View Post
use CUST_CINV_TEXT with CINV_TXT_ITEM_AMMO_ACTIVE and CINV_TXT_ITEM_AMMO_IDLE, at the end you can disable it with CINV_FALSE

use CUST_CINV_LIGHTING for the inventory lightning (check the reference for more info)

for the glass key and sound, it's because of the CUST_CINV_ITEM_ACTION, use CINV_ACTION_OPTIONS instead and change 180 to IGNORE, in TR4 sound and config is in the same window
EDIT:

OK so apparently the script I was using was missing some sections (even though they said IGNORE)
In case anyone else is having the same issue.. this is what I altered and they work like a charm

OLD-
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_ACTION, CINV_ITEM_NEW4,> (missing)
CINV_ACTION_CONTROLS, 337, IGNORE, CINV_FALSE, IGNORE, IGNORE (missing)

NEW -
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_ACTION, CINV_ITEM_NEW4, IGNORE,>
CINV_ACTION_CONTROLS, 337, IGNORE, CINV_FALSE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE

EDIT: I'm trying to use the Debug Mode to alter my TR2 guns so when they animate, they face the correct way - or at least level out horizontally.

I got the position pretty much spot on (its finished position zoomed into the screen)
It still does an odd spin effect which I'm not a fan of - but it will do for now. Not 100% accurate but until I can do better this will have to do.
In TR2 the guns simply separate without spinning and it looks more fluid..

Here's a clip of my current W.I.P in game - its OK, but its just a little off (still points left and then adjusts at the end, which isn't in the animation.. think its the plugin zoom doing that)
https://streamable.com/r4dw6
And here's a snippet of the same gun in TR2 for comparison.. see how it aims straight as they separate.
https://youtu.be/L-KePyS2ByI?t=340

Its definitely getting there..

EDIT 2 : I messed up. The guns were facing 180 degrees in the other direction.. didn't look bad or even that obvious.
Swapped them over to their correct position and it plays a lot smoother.
I recorded myself playin TR2 selecting all the guns and then trying to replicate that best I could.
I'd screenshot my Debug Mode menu , then layer it ontop of the TR2 images to see how close they were.
I'll post the details (coordinates etc) incase others want them when I'm done..?
Gonna put all this into a nice Classic Pack tutorial for everyone so they can get their TRLE games looking as classic as possible :3

Last edited by dcw123; 13-01-20 at 20:02.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-20, 05:16   #252
MaxTRaider989
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post

I recorded myself playin TR2 selecting all the guns and then trying to replicate that best I could.
I'd screenshot my Debug Mode menu , then layer it ontop of the TR2 images to see how close they were.
I'll post the details (coordinates etc) incase others want them when I'm done..?
Gonna put all this into a nice Classic Pack tutorial for everyone so they can get their TRLE games looking as classic as possible :3
I'll thank you a lot if you share your Classic pack tutorial for us! It will be great to look your modifications. I already made a lot of changes to my ring inventory, but I could improve more thanks to you!

Quote:

If I wanted to be totally classic - can I remove the pickup spinning display as Lara picks an item up (used in TR4/5 only) so it looks more like TR1-3
Edit: I managed to find a way to make this possible. I edited the display of the item with "CUST_CINV_ITEM_DISPLAY" and then I put the number "-1000" in the "OrientX" field. It makes the item appear but off screen, works with any regular item (such as weapons, pickups, keys, puzzles etc).
Maybe it will not work if the item is too large or too width!
It works for me but the problem is that you'll have to do this with every single item :/ It's kind of tedious.
I got a question! How can I change the inventory background to make it look like TR3 Inventory background from PS1? You know, the one that is a darker blue and transparent.

Last edited by MaxTRaider989; 14-01-20 at 05:36.
MaxTRaider989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-20, 09:10   #253
TokyoSU
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTRaider989 View Post
I got a question! How can I change the inventory background to make it look like TR3 Inventory background from PS1? You know, the one that is a darker blue and transparent.
check Customize=CUST_BACKGROUND

check the BKGDF_ flags, personally i used BKGDF_KEEP_GAME_SCREEN+BKGDF_ADD_DARKNESS (transparent and dark) with a parameter of 175 to look like TR4. it work with ClassicInventory
Old 14-01-20, 09:34   #254
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSU View Post
check Customize=CUST_BACKGROUND

check the BKGDF_ flags, personally i used BKGDF_KEEP_GAME_SCREEN+BKGDF_ADD_DARKNESS (transparent and dark) with a parameter of 175 to look like TR4. it work with ClassicInventory
Don't forget the BKGDF_ADD_COLOR_AND+BKGDF_KEEP_GAME_SCREEN+BKGDF_ADD_DARKNESS

This means you can also add colour to the transparency like TR3. I'm not sure on the exact value so you'll have to play around with the settings until you're happy with them @MaxTRaider989

But yeah, when I finish the inventory I'll release it. Its only for TR2 at the moment.. but I'm sure modifying it to be like TR1/3 will be easy enough now I know what I am doing lol
Its not 100% perfect but its close.
I modified the radius of the ring and the position of the camera so its more looking down ontop of the items..

TBQH I'm surprised the rest of the code for the guns weren't included in the classic pack (TR1-3)
We got code for the medipacks/globe/flares and but nothing for pistols, shotgun, uzis
Unless this was a way for JVM to get us all to learn how his plugin worked..?
I'll release the scripts anyway incase anyone is interested - or struggling on how to set them up themselves

Last edited by dcw123; 14-01-20 at 09:37.
Old 14-01-20, 17:37   #255
MaxTRaider989
Hobbyist

Thumbs up

Thank you @TokyoSU and @dcw123 for your help! I'll go and check it out
Edit: Thank you very much guys! I already changed my background and it looks pretty nice!

Last edited by MaxTRaider989; 15-01-20 at 06:55.
MaxTRaider989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-20, 11:09   #256
dcw123
Relic Hunter

OK so I got everything to work 100% now, apart from one small thing.
I used the Compass item from the TR2/3 pack and placed it in the Compass slot ID 0 (inventory plugin slots)

Used this script:

; ----- TR2-3 Stopwatch
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM, CINV_ITEM_NEW2, 183, IGNORE
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_RING, CINV_ITEM_NEW2, CINV_RING_INVENTORY, 0
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_MODEL, CINV_ITEM_NEW2, CINV_MODEL_IDLE, COMPASS, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE
Customize= CUST_CINV_STOPWATCH, CINV_ITEM_NEW2, 4, CINV_AXIS_Z, 5, CINV_AXIS_Z, 6, CINV_AXIS_Z, IGNORE
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_DISPLAY, CINV_ITEM_NEW2,>
CINV_DISPLAY_IDLE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, CINV_FALSE, IGNORE, 180, IGNORE, CINV_FALSE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE,>
CINV_DISPLAY_ACTIVE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, CINV_FALSE, IGNORE, 180, IGNORE, CINV_FALSE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE
Customize= CUST_CINV_ITEM_ACTION, CINV_ITEM_NEW2, IGNORE,>
CINV_ACTION_STATISTICS, 183, IGNORE, CINV_TRUE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE

However, in-game there would be two slot 0's - Statistics AND compass both showing as 2 seperate items.
Only the Statistics one would work, the compass item did nothing.

I then applied a ''fix'' and changed the script so that the Stopwatch was using Animating1 - in slot 0.
It worked, and the compass item was removed from the inventory.
But this this has caused a new inconvenience..
I was using a script so that every time the inventory was opened, it would 'reset' to always be on the stopwatch (like in TR1-3) instead of remembering the last highlighted item.

GlobalTrigger= 5, IGNORE, GT_ALWAYS, IGNORE, IGNORE, 8, IGNORE
; ----- If compass is not currently selected, make it so
TriggerGroup= 8, TGROUP_NOT+$018000, 24, $67, $012000, 705, $18

I tried to use these numbers to figure out what they mean in trigger terms, but looks like there is no way to reverse engineer the code (like how trigger window turns the dropdown menu stuff into these numbers) so I have no idea what flipeffects to activate.
Tried using NGLE 'Find Trigger' button because AFAIK Tomb Editor doesn't have this. It came up with completely the wrong flipeffects..

Basically, I need Animating1 (NEW ITEM2) to be selected instead of the compass (which is no longer there)
If needs be I can have it set to pistols instead - but ideally I'd want the Stopwatch to be the goal here

Last edited by dcw123; 19-01-20 at 16:35.
Old 23-01-20, 17:58   #257
JMN
Explorer

You can use NGLE's Find Trigger function to "reverse engineer" the code. Just select the correct plugin from the Plugin/Engine list.

$018000, 24, $67 would be:

Code:
; Set Trigger Type - CONDITION 103
; Exporting: CONDITION(103:0) for PARAMETER(24) {Plugin_ClassicInventory}
; <#> : COMPASS
; <&> : Inventory. The item currently selected is <#>
; (E) :
$012000, 705, $18 would be:

Code:
; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 705
; Exporting: TRIGGER(24:0) for FLIPEFFECT(705) {Plugin_ClassicInventory}
; <#> : Inventory. Set <&> as selected for next inventory opening
; <&> : COMPASS
; (E) :
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 22:08   #258
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN View Post
You can use NGLE's Find Trigger function to "reverse engineer" the code. Just select the correct plugin from the Plugin/Engine list.

$018000, 24, $67 would be:

Code:
; Set Trigger Type - CONDITION 103
; Exporting: CONDITION(103:0) for PARAMETER(24) {Plugin_ClassicInventory}
; <#> : COMPASS
; <&> : Inventory. The item currently selected is <#>
; (E) :
$012000, 705, $18 would be:

Code:
; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 705
; Exporting: TRIGGER(24:0) for FLIPEFFECT(705) {Plugin_ClassicInventory}
; <#> : Inventory. Set <&> as selected for next inventory opening
; <&> : COMPASS
; (E) :

Ahh.. thanks so much.
I was just using the regular find function.. no wonder it wouldn't work.
All these little things make me feel so dumb.. but its all part of learning.

OK so having a rather odd thing happen. I installed all my plugins including the packs1 and 2 (which add extra flipeffects)
These are nowhere to be found in Tomb Editor though - the flipeffects doesn't list them (it only shows 3 flipeffects for Inventory for example, nothing to do with plugins)
Why aren't they showing?
Oddly enough, the script last time worked regardless of this.. so I'll have to look at NGLE and see if that does the same.
My TRNG is in a separate folder than my TRLE, all I can think of is this could be the issue..?
Last time I installed them all into one folder and caused crashes..
If I copy the plugin folders from TRNG into TRLE will this work?

Updated to the latest update. Tried uninstalling the plugins and re-installing them.. still the same. I have no idea whats going on.

Regardless of T.E not showing them - I used NGLE to export the triggers and with a bit of reshuffling of items, I got it working flawlessly.

Last edited by dcw123; 24-01-20 at 11:59.
Old 10-02-20, 14:32   #259
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Noticed music and certain sound effects (flare plugin flipeffects) continue to play when in the inventory.

Is there a way to silence ALL music etc except for the menu sounds (like TR1-3)
Old 10-02-20, 14:51   #260
TokyoSU
Historian

Quote:
Noticed music and certain sound effects (flare plugin flipeffects) continue to play when in the inventory.

Is there a way to silence ALL music etc except for the menu sounds (like TR1-3)
the inventory from TR3 call S_CDVolume(0) (if not title) before the loop and S_CDVolume(25 * MusicVolumeConfig + 5) after (if not title).
probably ClassicInventory dont call it.