www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 17-02-21, 07:43   #1
Masked Goon
Student

Default Using Baddy_1 and Baddy_2 in one level

Hey

I want to use two custom baddies in one level. However, every time Baddy_2 is in the .wad, Baddy_1's head starts spinning as soon as he's active. Other than that he works fine.

I am aware that this is a known problem, because both baddies share the same meshtree and animations, but I wanted to ask if, using TRNG magic, there's a way to get around this problem? Maybe by making baddy_2 use another slot or something?

Cheers!
Masked Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 09:32   #2
Krystian
Archaeologist

I'm afraid there's no way to do this, because enemy characteristics are tied to slots. It's not really the animations and stateIDs which decide the behavior of the enemy, but the state control that's part of the engine.
Making Baddy_2 use another slot and having it work 100% identical (e.g by using the AssignSlot= script) would necessitate having the original Baddy_2 in the Baddy_2 slot anyway, because the overwritten slot gets its animations from there. And this will still cause the issue, because both Baddy_1 and Baddy_2 would be present in the wad.

You may try doing AssignSlot= Baddy_1, Baddy_2 and see if this gets you anywhere. But this will only be valid if they don't have big differences in behavior and just have a different textures / mesh appearance.
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 17:53   #3
Masked Goon
Student

Aww that's too bad

I tried what you suggested, but it did not work. Ah well, if there is no other way I'll manage somehow. Thank you!
Masked Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-21, 19:43   #4
Mulf
Archaeologist

I'll admit that it's rare you see both BADDY_1 and BADDY_2 in the same level, but I recently played Osvaldo's Day on the Train, which used both simultaneously, and i didn't notice any such glitches. Are you sure you're using both meshswaps, and in the correct slots?
Mulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-21, 01:45   #5
Richard_trle
Explorer

I was about to say that, I have both Baddy_1 and Baddy_2 in my wad and I have no issues

even though I'm not using them simultaneously I have no glitches

If you want to use both, they need the meshwaps and they most contain the same or a similar structure of meshes.

The animation is also a shame, because Baddy_1 is going to use Baddy_2 animations
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote