Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Technical Support

Old 10-09-19, 04:40   #1
Eitr Drinker

Default TR Legend: Anti-Aliasing Unavailable

I have the PC versions of all three LAU games. For some reason, the option for anti-aliasing is greyed out for Legend, but it is available for both Anniversary and Underworld. I'm guessing there's something different about the Legend engine that would make anti-aliasing unavailable on certain graphics cards?

My specs:
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel Core i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Intel UHD Graphics 620 - Driver Version: 26.20.100.7158

Let me know if you need further information or of any potential workarounds. I've never dealt with Intel UHD graphics before this new laptop, so I'm not as familiar with it as Nvidia. It's not a huge issue, I just want to try and understand the reason(s) for it. Thanks in advance.
Eitr Drinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-19, 09:09   #2
mizuno_suisei

It show's how easy Nvidia is huh. I've had similar wonders in my own Intel GMA graphics when it comes to TR games.

My suggestion - download regmagik (small portable registry editor).

Within, search "Legend". You'll get results that point to it's graphics settings/folders, there should only be one result of that type, and directory wise it'll be nearby to any other CrystalD games. I'm fairly sure there will be an antialiasing key inside the Legend folder. If it's value is 0, set it to 1. (or if the opposite, do the opposite). Sometimes that small change than force certain settings to turn on ingame. These keys tend to look like "ENABLE_ANTIALIASING" etc..

Most would tell you to backup your registry first but, you're looking to only change 1 value that is in no way detremental to your system so not much point. If you do somehow corrupt the Legend installation because of it, don't try to add Registry keys back in, just uninstall and reinstall.
mizuno_suisei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-19, 09:11   #3
mizuno_suisei

Oh and I also recently discovered Intel graphics control panel has a 3D settings area, which allows the graphics card to assist with rendering games. You'll want to turn that part off completely, that could be why Legend is refusing AA *shrug* but I'm thinking the regkey will do it.
Old 14-09-19, 10:39   #4
Eitr Drinker

Thanks for the tip about the registry editor. While I was able to find the value you described and changed it from 0 to 1, every time I launched the program, the anti-aliasing option was still greyed out. When I went back to the editor, the value had reverted to 0 again. So it doesn't look like that change will stick.

I don't think Intel 3D optimization is hindering this particular game. That feature only seems to apply to "compatible" games, of which I have none. I tried to force it's options on a few titles I have, but none of them would even launch when manually added to its game list. I had to delete their profiles in order to get them up and running again.

I appreciate your advice, though. Thank you.
Old 15-09-19, 00:38   #5
mizuno_suisei

If the registry key is reverting, that's means it's the game and the GPU clash. Atleast you got to the right spot! No AA for you I'm afraid
Old 15-09-19, 09:21   #6
Eitr Drinker

That's what I figured. Aw well. Thanks anyway for trying.