www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

View Poll Results: What is your overall opinion of Shadow?
I like it. 104 47.27%
I mostly like it. 83 37.73%
I mostly dislike it. 23 10.45%
I dislike it. 10 4.55%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 31-07-19, 19:18   #21
charmedangelin
Relic Hunter
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 9,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyEdge10 View Post
^ this 100%

I don't understand how people even say this game has a decent story. I will not lie that gameplay and tombs are great, but...it's just that.
I agree, for me it felt way too focused on Paititi. Lara took a backseat to Etzi's defining moment of becoming the new ruler of Paititi. Even all the side story was just about the residents of Paititi, barely any of it was about Lara Croft. The tsunami was the only good point of the story when it was focused on Lara Croft and watching those people die and Lara sitting their reflecting on what she did was chilling. Everything after that tsunami was just not interesting at all and lacked what was most important, Lara Croft the main star of the show.
__________________
Worry about what needs to be worried about

Last edited by charmedangelin; 31-07-19 at 19:21.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 19:18   #22
laracroftswest
Professor
 
laracroftswest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenchiKun96 View Post
No "Best game in the series after the first 3 option"? lol
Cuz that's where I'm at regarding this game.
Was looking for this option too
__________________
Like a moth to a flame burned by the fire...
laracroftswest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 19:21   #23
Portugalraider
Professor
 
Portugalraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,082
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
Oh it is . I disliked the story as well but other people can enjoy it alright . Opinions about entertainment are not facts .
Thank you!

I mean, I do think that the story is missing a much stronger thread that connects every story segment together, but it's not like it is missing one altogether. And I do enjoy very much each segment on its own.

So yeah, its far from perfect, and I can see why some might have a problem with it. But in the end, I still personally enjoy it.
__________________
Dear TRF: Y'all deserve a million tribal outfits... -_-
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 19:43   #24
MelikeLara
Professor
 
MelikeLara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Birmingham, uk
Posts: 2,958
Default

I mostly like it, I enjoyed it. But still feel the Paititi part dragged the story out in between my favourite parts
__________________
Gotta get up and Try Try Try.....
MelikeLara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 19:49   #25
_Seth
Explorer
 
_Seth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: England ♂
Posts: 968
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
This. Because like is such an understatement. It has its flaws, but what I love about it overshadows them.
Liking it still means you fully support it, especially because it's in the face of merely "mostly" liking it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
What I dislike is the options of the poll they lack the "I'm 50/50 on it" or "other/penguin" options , I would've probably voted one of these . Those options are very vague and non-expressive .
Because I'm sure if you really think about it, you'll lean one way or another.


I dislike Shadow. Very much. And I'm a Core design fan.
__________________
Seeing Is Believing
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 19:54   #26
Orimus
Historian
 
Orimus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
Liking it still means you fully support it, especially because it's in the face of merely "mostly" liking it.


Because I'm sure if you really think about it, you'll lean one way or another.


I dislike Shadow. Very much. And I'm a Core design fan.
Liking it means that I like it, not that I think it's perfect and there isn't room for improvement.
Orimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 20:08   #27
Rai
Moderator
 
Rai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In a bubble outside the universe
Posts: 32,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post

Because I'm sure if you really think about it, you'll lean one way or another.

I disagree. I think there should be a more middle ground option. To take your own specifications, liking = fully supporting. Could Patrick then choose 'mostly like'? Not if he feels it doesn't fit the way he feels about the game. Take TRC as another example. I like about half of it, the game has some good qualities, but I can't say I most!y like it, neither can I say I mostly dislike it. Perhaps Patrick (and possibly others) feel the same way about Shadow.
__________________
"I was called delusional today...I nearly fell off my unicorn."
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 20:25   #28
Vaskito
Relic Hunter
 
Vaskito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Posts: 8,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanonymouz View Post
where is the 'i love it' choice?
Amen!
__________________
Death by chocolate is a myth
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 20:31   #29
Hazelphoenix
Professor
 
Hazelphoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Italy
Posts: 2,625
Default

Voted ďI like itĒ. Itís not flawless by any means and a lot of elements can still be improved upon. I got my fair share of complaints (like I do for for every game I like) but itís a great set up for a future TR game that mixes old and new.

And, as of now, itís the best modern TR of the post Core era, as far as Iím concerned of course.
Hazelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-19, 21:23   #30
iWANEX
Gold Contributor
 
iWANEX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 5,199
Default

I love the game.

- It's the best Lara we've had in the entire trilogy. Capable, unstoppable and lethal. Always focused and prepared to get the job done no matter what (even forgetting about her own injuries). People are scared of her in this game, and she's also starting to be respected. She also shows her vulnerability in a couple of scenes and even had some cool light hearted moments (Goodbye Ellie, It will be dangerous, I'm sure, Have fun!)...

- Jonah also is the best he's ever been and their interactions were fabulous (Oh no, you took it didn't you?, Your father created as many mysteries as he solved, everything I love about this world now is in it).

- The rest of the characters (Unuratu and Abby specially) are also pretty good (definitely better than Rise's) although I have a soft spot for the Endurance crew too and I wish we could see Reyes again.

- The story is nothing groundbreaking but I still feel like, minus the Trinity stuff, it's one of the best stories we've had (this part is not very difficult, if we take a look at the stupid stories we've had so far). I don't know, it just screams old-school TR: the apocalypse, the dagger, the box, the Yaaxil, etc. The execution could've been better, though.

- The oil refinery scene. That's the most badass moment in the entire franchise. Sorry. This game should be respected because of that alone.

- The puzzles and the tombs. And Cenote. Period.

- And finally, the inclusion of A LOT of things fans have been moaning about for years. That's the best thing we could've asked for, all things considered and I don't think people give EM enough credit for it, specially when we know Daniel Bisson had to fight for the inclusion of the difficulty settings. This should be acknowledged more.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.