Old 04-05-20, 09:53   #11
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
*Anniversary Lara voice*
[touches the screen dramatically]
St. Francis Folly...
[looks at the screen in delight]
*Voice of Janice from AOD* "Move on Tomb Raidering, you make the place look crowded. "
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 11:27   #12
dcw123

Hmmm... though call.
Greece was lovely.

For me though it would have to be the original 1996 Atlantis levels.
The fact the level was breathing.. alive.

Those pumping veiny textures and the soundtrack was haunting.
Loved the increase in difficulty too. Combat with those Atlantian mutants..
The climb up the giant lava shaft to reach the Scion.
(And, no, I'm not talking about the awful butchered TRA version here with all the side rooms cut)
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-20, 14:18   #13
BlackWolftr

Thumbs up

St. Francis Folly and Palace Midas. Those both was really great levels. Great desing, architecture, innovate and ambience. Also The Lost Valley and Obelisk of Khamoon was very good
BlackWolftr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 09:12   #14
RaiderNZ

Just to throw in something different, I always really loved the Cistern level and how it was essentially one giant room in which the access changed with the release of the water. The first few times it blew my mind! Oh and First Post!

Last edited by RaiderNZ; 05-05-20 at 09:13. Reason: Additional comment
RaiderNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 12:30   #15
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNZ View Post
Just to throw in something different, I always really loved the Cistern level and how it was essentially one giant room in which the access changed with the release of the water. The first few times it blew my mind! Oh and First Post!
I remember the water puzzles causing me a bit of difficulty to begin with. I got stuck as I went to certain areas where the amount of water wasn't what it should have been and I had to backtrack to the switch that alters the amount of water. Also, getting impaled in the spike pit is overrated...
Old 05-05-20, 22:28   #16
fallenangle

Its a great puzzle room The Cistern - not keen on Pierre magically arriving at various times but that's about the only criticism I have of it.

When you do the cistern level in Anniversary that, along with The Lost Valley, were the two biggest disappointments in that game for me.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 12:14   #17
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangle View Post
Its a great puzzle room The Cistern - not keen on Pierre magically arriving at various times but that's about the only criticism I have of it.
If you trigger Pierre in one area but don't shoot him, then he will remain there and won't trigger in the other places. This means encountering him just once, but you will probably get shot by him in the area where you choose not to harm him. There's one area where he spawns after you pickup a key. However, it's possible to flood the area and I don't think Pierre spawns if you obtain the key while the area is flooded. Although, if you trigger him in that area and then flood the place, I think it then causes a comical glitch where he's still alive but underwater. He moves around and shoots at you the same way that he does when the area isn't flooded.
Old 06-05-20, 23:05   #18
fallenangle

I didn't know that trick about Pierre; might have made my no scratch run easier.

The place I really did not like that was when LC gets key 1 and goes through the first door when you've flooded the main area and shoots two apes. He spawns behind her, triggered when she goes past the second overhanging archway.

How does he get there? Makes no sense but then again Pierre being shot dozens of times in Peru, three times in The Cistern and elsewhere then disappearing who knows where and then reappearing did not make any logical sense either.

Even if was beyond the technology of the time to do it differently why not make them different bad guys until the final encounter at least?
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 01:39   #19
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
How does he get there? Makes no sense but then again Pierre being shot dozens of times in Peru, three times in The Cistern and elsewhere then disappearing who knows where and then reappearing did not make any logical sense either
That wasn’t Pierre, that was Larson...
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 09:14   #20
Greenapple968

Quote:
I didn't know that trick about Pierre; might have made my no scratch run easier.

The place I really did not like that was when LC gets key 1 and goes through the first door when you've flooded the main area and shoots two apes. He spawns behind her, triggered when she goes past the second overhanging archway.

How does he get there? Makes no sense but then again Pierre being shot dozens of times in Peru, three times in The Cistern and elsewhere then disappearing who knows where and then reappearing did not make any logical sense either.

Even if was beyond the technology of the time to do it differently why not make them different bad guys until the final encounter at least?
The random appearances of Pierre don't make a tremendous amount of sense, but this is a videogame at the end of the day. I'm not sure I can give tips on the best way to deal with Pierre, but I have completed TR1 100% with the added restrictions of "no scratch" and "no glitches", so you can definitely deal with Pierre in ways where you don't take damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
That wasn’t Pierre, that was Larson...
You think Larson spawns in Peru? Next you'll be telling us that he spawns in Sanctuary Of The Scion. And you'd be right about both claims.