www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 08-11-19, 16:37   #7141
ANoDE
Golden

Yeah, I really found it heartwarming to see all these tweets / instagram posts. I like how they are still entangled with the franchise, even if it's currently on ice.

I'm in split minds regarding a remaster. On one side, it'd be really cool to see the games redone in current (or even next) gen. Just imagine the beauty they could get out of all the locations and characters. Would surely be amazing. On the other hand, I somehow fear they could f*** it up, you know? The games are perfect as they are - any messing with them could potentially destroy parts of the magic...
Old 08-11-19, 19:03   #7142
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Yeah, I really found it heartwarming to see all these tweets / instagram posts. I like how they are still entangled with the franchise, even if it's currently on ice.

I'm in split minds regarding a remaster. On one side, it'd be really cool to see the games redone in current (or even next) gen. Just imagine the beauty they could get out of all the locations and characters. Would surely be amazing. On the other hand, I somehow fear they could f*** it up, you know? The games are perfect as they are - any messing with them could potentially destroy parts of the magic...
It wouldn't really have any true consequence since the originals would still exist. Maybe they would finally show Tali's face.
Old 09-11-19, 15:00   #7143
MrBear
Relic Hunter

Quote:
We've certainly seen a number of cheap remakes that didn't do the source material justice. I also wonder how they'd reconcile the huge gameplay changes (if they'd reconcile it at all). And yeah, some of the charm could easily get lost.

On the other hand, a remaster would be convenient just to have the games (especially ME1) run better on newer systems. Additionally, and this is very subjective, but I almost want a remaster simply to see if I could relive the magic with fresh eyes; I've played the trilogy so many times that my last few attempts at a playthrough turned boring really quickly, so if a remaster included more than just a texture update, it might be enough to recapture the things I loved about it. But that might just be a selfish and naive wish

There's also the option of a series reboot. Either retell the Reaper story with enough changes to make it feel new (and not least have it conclude differently, so we don't have to leave the galaxy to continue the series), or tell a completely new story. But I'm not sure that would sit well with a large portion of the fanbase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
It wouldn't really have any true consequence since the originals would still exist. Maybe they would finally show Tali's face.
But they already revealed her face...

*runs and hides*
Old 09-11-19, 16:50   #7144
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBear View Post
But they already revealed her face...

*runs and hides*
You mean that stock photo? Yeah nah.
Old 23-02-20, 14:25   #7145
ANoDE
Golden

Default The struggle is real.

So... I'm currently preparing a new playthrough of the original Mass Effect trilogy. I've already downloaded Gigabytes of mods and patches and set up everything in a way to ensure that this is going to be the best experience yet. But now, that all is finished and the only thing left to do is pressing the "New Career" button I hesitate. I'm asking myself: "Am I really prepared to do this again?". Because I know, as soon as that button is pressed, I'm gonna be drawn into this magnificent world again. I'll make friends again, fall in love again and fight for a lost cause once more. And I know, that by the end of it, I'll be an emotional wreck once again. I'll mourn the loss of those I had to leave behind, I'll second-guess each and every one of my choices - asking myself: "Was it the right thing to do?" I'll cry for Kaidan, knowing that he will never feel the touch of the love of his life again. Never look him in the eyes again. Never kiss him again. And when that final credits roll, I'll be a broken man. Is it really worth it? I don't know - but I guess I'm gonna find out.
Old 25-02-20, 07:40   #7146
MrBear
Relic Hunter

Such poetry! It's true, there will be sadness, but laughter and love there will be also. Stride forward with boldness and endure the hardships. You're fated for greatness, and loss, and it may leave you, once again, a broken man, but never will people say, that man did not live.

It's funny, though, I'm currently doing a trilogy playthrough myself it's been a few years since I was able to; the last couple of times I've tried, I felt bored because it felt like going through the motions. I remembered every step of the journey, so it didn't really engage me anymore. But now enough time has passed that I can appreciate it again. And to my surprise, I ended up getting two people killed in the Suicide Mission! Apparently, Zaeed wasn't ideal for leading the secondary team, even though he's a grizzled veteran?? I didn't mind that so much, I was actually kinda happy to be surprised and get an imperfect ending, but then at the very end... Tali died too! Now that one stung. I realise that because I sold Legion off to Cerberus (trying some new choices this time) and Zaeed dying earlier, the squad strength was low enough that someone wouldn't make it. Just sucks that it was Tali'Zorah vas Normandy
But I'm fully embracing it. I was so surprised about her not surviving, so it's easy to lean into and 'take it with me' into ME3. Looking forward to seeing where the geth/quarian arc will go now that I have neither Tali nor Legion..... I'm sure that won't have any negative re(a)percussions

Anyway, didn't mean to write a big paragraph. This is why poetry has always fascinated me - to be able to say so much with so little.

Hope you have fun (and "fun"). Give Lt. Alenko my best he's such a good boy
Old 28-02-20, 18:32   #7147
Nigel Cassidy
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBear View Post
It's funny, though, I'm currently doing a trilogy playthrough myself
So do I: twice I fact: once as male Infiltrator Shepard who falls in love with Ashley and Miranda, who makes peace between the Geth and Quarians, skipps Grissom Academy and kills Jack himself.

And the second time as female Adept Shepard who loves Kaidan, chooses the Geth over the Quarians and does not skipp Grissom Academy.

Both of them kill Wrex, keep Mordin alive and trick the Krogan into believing they fixed their breeding problem
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-20, 13:38   #7148
Ashnod
Professor

Sometimes it's the little things. Was playing Andromeda last night.

Drack and Vetra are comparing scars. Drack says in reference to one of his, "This here? This is where some crazy, one-eyed merc tried to pry my head plate off with a knife."

Which is of course, Zaeed, since it references one of Zaeed's conversations in ME2.

I don't know if I have more respect for Drack for meeting up with Zaeed and living, or Zaeed for trying to remove Drack's headplate and living.

Made me smile for a few minutes, anyway.
Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-20, 13:41   #7149
ANoDE
Golden

As bad as Andromeda may have been received, I love that they put in these little references to the original trilogy. I wonder how many more I may have missed.
Old 29-03-20, 14:30   #7150
Ashnod
Professor

Quote:
As bad as Andromeda may have been received, I love that they put in these little references to the original trilogy. I wonder how many more I may have missed.
I still think Andromeda is underrated and underappreciated.
Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote