Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 06-12-15, 12:23   #501
red_lion

In the TRAOD\data\ParisLS directory there are the loading screens. I want to make some High-res pictures of it. Paris1.jpg is done. But when I want to do Paris1a it is difficult. I found out something.

This picture is not the original picture. It is edited with the gimp. But I find it really messy. You see the guard or the cop with blonde hair (or yellow hair).

This is my remake, in the game there isn't a blonde cop. I couldn't make lara dissapear from the image.

So I think the paris1a.jpg image was been made in the earlier builds.
red_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 14:28   #502
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_lion View Post
In the TRAOD\data\ParisLS directory there are the loading screens. I want to make some High-res pictures of it. Paris1.jpg is done. But when I want to do Paris1a it is difficult. I found out something.

This picture is not the original picture. It is edited with the gimp. But I find it really messy. You see the guard or the cop with blonde hair (or yellow hair).

This is my remake, in the game there isn't a blonde cop. I couldn't make lara dissapear from the image.

So I think the paris1a.jpg image was been made in the earlier builds.
He's the cop from the previous level. I made that loading screen some months ago:
http://www.aspidetr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14950
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-15, 14:54   #503
CrisGer

what a fun thread i had not seen this before, i love AOD, it is one of the really remarkable titles in the series, and I hope to play thru it again soon. So much to enjoy. maybe someday some part of the development of TR can finish the game as it was intended to be.
CrisGer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-16, 22:00   #504
red_lion

I give this topic a little kick..

Did anyone noticed an unused map in a building? Maybe it is already known, but I would like to share it.

(how to get there)

(insite the building with the map)

In parc de Lune is the same map.

You know the maps outside in the streets, opposite Janice and at the stores near Café Metro. But this one is hidden. The question is why? Should this building have some sort of function?
Old 01-03-16, 22:04   #505
Caesum

It's not unused. As far as I remember it shows when you ctrl-click on one of the maps in each Parisian Ghetto sublevel.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-16, 11:03   #506
Gia_

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_lion View Post
I give this topic a little kick..

Did anyone noticed an unused map in a building? Maybe it is already known, but I would like to share it.

(how to get there)

(insite the building with the map)

In parc de Lune is the same map.

You know the maps outside in the streets, opposite Janice and at the stores near Café Metro. But this one is hidden. The question is why? Should this building have some sort of function?
yeah, it is for when you zoom in on the map. every map of every district can be found 'hidden' in buildings. too bad the images in my opening post are deleted.
Gia_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-16, 22:19   #507
red_lion

I found something

- Go to Paris 2_1 level (or the Parissian ghetto where you starts).
- Walk through the gate
- Say Hi to Janice, go right.
- See the truck.

- Fly through the truck.
- After the truck go left

- Swim Swim Swim Lara!
- When you see some sprites from the church go left.

- You are now at Parc de Lune.

I think you know what this is. This level is still PARIS2_1 and not PARIS2_3 because your swim around the trigger to load PARIS2_3.

Now let me analyse the last picture. You see two doors that aren't supposed to be here. These doors are the entrance to Parc de Lune and another one I don't know. These are the same doors as Madame Carvier door, I think it is the default layout of a door that use to do a trigger or load another level. First door give access to the park. Second door loads PARIS1 or Parisian Backstreets, a.k.a the first level.

In the third picture you see a brownish door where the entrance to Café metro supposed to be. When you swim through this door it also loads PARIS1.

(this one is near the door)

Last edited by red_lion; 16-03-16 at 22:20.
Old 17-03-16, 06:47   #508
Caesum

Ooh interesting! Maybe it is a leftover from the time when Parisian Ghetto was a one, big level?
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-16, 18:19   #509
Gia_

@red_lion: Thank you for your contribution but the door on the right is the door that leads to the area where you can go through the crawl space and enter 'Bouchards Hideout' level.

Check out this video I made a couple of years ago about the triggers: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I9CcxK-u0aU
Gia_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-16, 10:14   #510
red_lion

I found something. There is a animation called "FERGYSMASHGLASS_SMASH" Fergy is a populair name for Fergus Duggan. One of the developers of TRAOD. See here: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...17&postcount=3

This animation is inside the PARIS4.GMX.CLZ file. When extracting it you have PARIS4\Animations\d9b07e0f~.ani.

I think it has something to do with breaking the glass in the louvre. If you are shoting at the artifacts in those glasses boxes in the middle of the room with the paintings then the glass will break.