Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 18-06-16, 01:14   #11
Ceamonks890

Still don't think it will match up to the Neversoft Spider-Man game from 2000. This game pretty much sets the standard for me, when it comes to unlockables, humor, tone, general content and all-around fun for a Spider-Man game. And it doesn't even need to be open-world to accomplish all that.

So like I stated in the E3 2016 thread, Insomniac are going to have to pull out all the stops to make an open-world Spidey game fun to experience again for me personally, especially after Activision have milked that formula to death for so long.

Last edited by Ceamonks890; 18-06-16 at 01:15.
Ceamonks890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-16, 02:55   #12
Murphdawg1

While the game is not a tie in with Spider-Man Homecoming I can see this game coming out around the same time depending on how far along this game is in production.
Murphdawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-16, 15:25   #13
LuigiEspadachin

Game looks amazing. o-o Lose the white on that default suit though and we'll be golden. l3
LuigiEspadachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-16, 15:47   #14
Shark_Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceamonks890 View Post

Still don't think it will match up to the Neversoft Spider-Man game from 2000. This game pretty much sets the standard for me, when it comes to unlockables, humor, tone, general content and all-around fun for a Spider-Man game. And it doesn't even need to be open-world to accomplish all that.

So like I stated in the E3 2016 thread, Insomniac are going to have to pull out all the stops to make an open-world Spidey game fun to experience again for me personally, especially after Activision have milked that formula to death for so long.
Yes that's the best Spiderman game ever imo. I miss it so much, it's not even on PSN.

PS1 TR games, PS1 Spiderman, PS1 Crash... why nowadays game series are becoming worse. Can't even compare to the originals.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-16, 15:58   #15
LuigiEspadachin

I think if Spidey did go back to level based it would have to basically be big and open areas. The PS1 games did that well because while you had levels indoors as well the outdoor ones were still big and open enough to make you feel like you're Spider-Man so the levels worked, being able to swing from building and have little collectibles between them. Open world is just taking that further which is why it's seemed to do so well for Spidey so far.

Beenox tried to go back to level based with Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time...but the problem where they went wrong with it was the levels were too linear. Not enough opportunity to make you truly feel like you're Spider-Man.

Last edited by LuigiEspadachin; 18-06-16 at 16:00.
LuigiEspadachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-16, 18:44   #16
Alex Fly
Inactive

The game looks really promising and the fact Insomniac is behind it is a gage of quality. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-16, 21:36   #17
Murphdawg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Yes that's the best Spiderman game ever imo. I miss it so much, it's not even on PSN.

PS1 TR games, PS1 Spiderman, PS1 Crash... why nowadays game series are becoming worse. Can't even compare to the originals.
I hear people say Spider-Man 2 on the PS2 was the best one.

Last edited by Murphdawg1; 18-06-16 at 21:41.
Old 18-06-16, 21:38   #18
Murphdawg1

Delete this post please. Didn't know the other had gone through.

Last edited by Murphdawg1; 18-06-16 at 21:40. Reason: Didn't mean to double post.
Old 18-06-16, 21:45   #19
Shark_Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
Tobey as Spidey is lame and a snorefest for me, so no.

The characters and story aren't as appealing too imo.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-16, 22:18   #20
Ceamonks890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
I'll be honest in saying that the sole reason Spider-Man 2's movie tie-in game is even fondly remembered to this day, is merely the depth-filled web-swinging mechanic and nothing else(as I never hear many so-called players of it, talk about anything else from the game often, aside from the Mysterio bits).

With the Neversoft-developed Spider-Man game though, I can go on any YT vids for it and I'll always see comments that are either quoting lines directly from the game, saying how incredible the soundtrack is or reminiscing about their time playing it as kids.

Now tell me. Which one do you think left a much longer-lasting impression in the grand scheme of things?
Ceamonks890 is offline   Reply With Quote