www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 03-11-18, 22:55   #21
Brendanlovesu1
Archaeologist

Description for Episode 9 - Fire and Reign

As Michael puts a spell on Cordelia he continues toward world annihilation, starting with the witches and warlocks. Queenie and Zoe look for answers with the Voodoo Queen. Madison takes an unexpected trip to an old friend's house.

I feel like Dinah will tell Zoe and Queenie about Cordelia’s meeting with Legba, and they’ll sacrifice themselves to him
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-18, 04:17   #22
trfan16
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
I’m hoping this season runs for more than 10 episodes like earlier seasons did. I think it has more than enough mileage for it whereas Roanoke and Cult were running out of steam by their end. I think you could get 13 eps out of this season easily.
Same, I definitely feel that two more episodes is not enough time to wrap this season up. It seems that next week's episode will reveal the identity of the Cooperative and have the witches prepare for their battle against Michael. And the final episode will probably focus on the battle between Michael and the Coven and how the apocalypse ends.. After this recent episode, I'm a little disappointed that we won't get to see more of the post apocalypse world. Next week's episode will probably be another episode focusing on the events leading up to the apocalypse.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-18, 23:30   #23
Lyle Croft
Professor

Honestly though...what is there to see in the post-apocalypse world?

Burnt buildings, deformed people/animals?

I understand the complaints, but as you can imagine, the world just has a nuclear winter, burnt to a crisp, buildings in disarray so lol.
Old 19-11-18, 13:28   #24
Brendanlovesu1
Archaeologist

Did anyone else find the AHS Apocalypse finale a bit anticlimactic? I guess it technically did all of things it was supposed to do wrap-up wise, but it still felt thoroughly unsatisfying somehow.

I wouldn't put it in with top-tier seasons like Coven or Asylum, nor with trash seasons like Roanoke. It's somewhere in the middle with Freak Show and Hotel.
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-18, 14:19   #25
larafan25
Legend

I enjoyed it.

I really thought they injected some lightness and humor into that ending. When all seemed lost, and it would be impossible to defeat him, they chose a humorous and plausible solution. But then, reminded us it's never over. I think it tied itself up nicely.
Old 19-11-18, 14:30   #26
Zsott
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
I enjoyed it.

I really thought they injected some lightness and humor into that ending. When all seemed lost, and it would be impossible to defeat him, they chose a humorous and plausible solution. But then, reminded us it's never over. I think it tied itself up nicely.
I enjoyed it too, but I'm not agreeing with you entirely? Why? It's because altered a few seasons, raised some (very important ) question.

the very first, how does a witch can reverse time in our world/ hell, yet the demons notice it? (favors for Mallory) That would mean the first Vodoo queen stayed dead, Cordelia's contract never happened with Legba, yet Legba knows, that the time got reversed, world got saved and he has an unfulfilled contract with Cordelia, even if she cannot remember for that. (Yet she sensed, that she is connected to Mallory somehow)

The souls who got destoyed/persihed/got undone etc. how that could be undone by simple time traveling?

On the other hand, it got tied up some loose ends from before pretty nicely(Constance for example)...I wonder how the next season will tie in.

Last edited by Zsott; 19-11-18 at 14:32.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-18, 03:54   #27
trfan16
Archaeologist

*SPOILERS*

@ZScott: That's how I feel too. I figured that they were going to use the ]time traveling spell to defeat Michael. Especially since they focused on it in the previous episode where Mallory travels back in time to prevent Anastasia's execution. Although anytime a time travel plot is involved, you should expect many unanswered questions. My thoughts about the ending are that there are now two separate timelines due to the time traveling back to 2015. The first timeline where Michael destroys the earth and all of the witches are dead except for Mallory. And the second timeline is where Mallory travels back to 2015 and kills Michael. Because if we're supposed to believe that Mallory reset time altogether in 2015, then there could be the possibility that Roanoke (2016) and Cult (2017) never occurred? It would be nice to hear what others think.

As for the episode itself, I would give a 7/10. I enjoyed all the Coven characters this season. While I don't hate Coven at all (its actually ranked in the top half for me), I felt that season started to lose steam at the end. Especially how they waited until the last episode to perform the Seven Wonders test. I like how they were included in Apocalypse and it was nice to see how strong the coven was after Cordelia became Supreme.

On the downside, I didn't care for the scenes with the two idiot stoners with the bowl cuts. I wish Myrtle came sooner and killed their sorry asses off. The ending felt a little underwhelming too. All of that work and effort to stop the apocalypse, and it was diverted by... killing Michael with an SUV. The end with the teenage boy and girl from the early episodes felt pretty like a pretty lame attempt at a cliffhanger.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-18, 20:05   #28
jarekhanzelka
Tomb Raider

I thoroughly hated this season bar the first few episodes, mostly because I hated Coven as well.

As for the finale, it left waaaaay too many questions unanswered for me to NOT think even the showrunners didn't really care anymore.
Old 03-12-18, 09:49   #29
tiann
Professor

episode 8 was a total ****ing waste of time.