www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 03-12-18, 17:05   #28431
ActuallyArlow
Explorer

Can somebody help me find the missing gear to get through the mines in the geothermal valley? Gave it a good kick at the can
Old 03-12-18, 21:22   #28432
annacroft
Historian

Location: Parisian Backstreets, somewhere in a parallel universe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActuallyArlow View Post
Can somebody help me find the missing gear to get through the mines in the geothermal valley? Gave it a good kick at the can
Have you visited the merchant in Siberia?
Old 04-12-18, 04:41   #28433
ActuallyArlow
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by annacroft View Post
Have you visited the merchant in Siberia?
Yessss but I didn't have enough to trade anything
Old 04-12-18, 20:20   #28434
Costel
Archaeologist

Quote:
Abandoned Mines? Some optional tomb? Where exactly are you?
Old 04-12-18, 23:39   #28435
charmedangelin

Quote:
Yessss but I didn't have enough to trade anything
Try to find those piller looking things that Lara can read. If your language skill is leveled high enough they will reveal locations to coin cache. Each coin cache will give you 7 coins. There are several of them in Soviet Installation.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-18, 08:07   #28436
ActuallyArlow
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
Abandoned Mines? Some optional tomb? Where exactly are you?
Its an optional tomb which you need the wind spool to get across for, I thought it was mandatory to meet up with Jacob buts not so its all good
Old 07-12-18, 18:42   #28437
colinreid
Hobbyist

36% you guys phew lol
colinreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 12:06   #28438
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

I'm replaying Rise of the Tomb Raider (3rd playthrough) and I can finally see why many choose The Flooded Archives as its favourite part of the game (and, among those people, also of the whole trilogy).

While I strongly think that the dreadfully boring and dull Geothermal Valley and its 3 long combat sections (defending the valley, the Acropolis, and the path to the Flooded Archives...a bit too much combat and so little platforming and no puzzles at all) make it stand out even more, it has two big merits: it's huge and it has two paths with two siderooms and two minipuzzles. But it has small merits too: it has a few easy but satisfying encounters, and I have to say that the "everything goes to hell if I stop" sequence at the end is among the best in the trilogy.

So it really stands out

Everything will go back to dull normal soon, though. But I'm looking forward to the Orrery.
Old 12-12-18, 19:33   #28439
Zsott
Explorer

^I find this quite interesting, because my favourite part is the wilderness, right at the beginning. (And I never seen anyone mention it...)

I mean you are in a snowy forest at night, then someone shot a flare up to the sky. The snow gets tinted with red and blue, you can see the smoke's reflection on the snow, it's really beautiful.
The orrery is a little gem, if you play on high settings. The little star reflection on the walls just...wow.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-18, 22:01   #28440
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
^I find this quite interesting, because my favourite part is the wilderness, right at the beginning. (And I never seen anyone mention it...)

I mean you are in a snowy forest at night, then someone shot a flare up to the sky. The snow gets tinted with red and blue, you can see the smoke's reflection on the snow, it's really beautiful.
The orrery is a little gem, if you play on high settings. The little star reflection on the walls just...wow.
Rise is a VERY beautiful game. There is a lot of love (and talent, and money) put into making it gorgeous. And I vividly picture your description in my mind because it was very well executed.

But I was rather founding my taste for the Flooded Archives and the Orrery in a gameplay perspective. There are many areas that look better than these, but in strict gameplay terms I think they are the best RotTR has to offer (along with the Prophet's Tomb).

One particular section that looks pretty impressive to me (but uninteresting gameplay wise) is during the way to the Flooded Archives. It happens at night, it's windy and it's raining. I almost feel I'm there with Lara. Too bad that the area is so lacking in everything but combat, though.