www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 19-11-18, 13:47   #1
ancherlio
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 3
Default Unreal Engine [TOMB RAIDER 1]

Hi all
I'm doing a project based on tomb raider 1 in Unreal engine, I've been working on it for a while and I'd like to know if I can extract the tom raider 1 animations in some way (fbx) to use them in the engine. since I would not like to waste a lot of time on the subject of animations and invest it in other more innovative and refreshing things that I have planned so that they do not lose the true essence of the Tomb raider. 1.
Greetings to all!
ancherlio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-18, 16:51   #2
VictorXD
Relic Hunter
 
VictorXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: pillow
Posts: 7,863
Default

You can search some TRLE tools for that. I know it's possible to extract the classic animations but I'm not sure what are the limitations.

Why not use AOD's animations though? They are just an improved version of the PS1 ones and I imagine it would be much easier to use them.
__________________
Persecution to all non Luds Gate believers may God's wrath fall upon you sinners
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-18, 20:02   #3
Laras Dream
Archaeologist
 
Laras Dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,072
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
You can search some TRLE tools for that. I know it's possible to extract the classic animations but I'm not sure what are the limitations.

Why not use AOD's animations though? They are just an improved version of the PS1 ones and I imagine it would be much easier to use them.
I would second this. The classic animations really do look incredibly robotic on a modern model. You'd have to remember that things like fingers or toes won't be animated. Unless you were going for that style, then it doesn't make sense.
Laras Dream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-18, 21:53   #4
ancherlio
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laras Dream View Post
I would second this. The classic animations really do look incredibly robotic on a modern model. You'd have to remember that things like fingers or toes won't be animated. Unless you were going for that style, then it doesn't make sense.

I want to use the old animations since my model is from the old ones. I want you to approach as close as possible to Tomb Raider 1.

https://imgur.com/a/cOF0yQX

Last edited by ancherlio; 19-11-18 at 21:56.
ancherlio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-18, 14:43   #5
dcw123
Relic Hunter
 
dcw123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: England, UK Gender:Male
Posts: 6,447
Default

So its like a 1:1 remake of TR1 using old models and animations..
No offence, but why? People can just play the original?

Or is this more of a TRAE thing - which also used classic animations and style but have better graphics, lighting and level design details?

A TRAE remake would be a dream come true
__________________
Zero Fox Given
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-18, 16:22   #6
FreakRaider
Professor
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Junior Member
Posts: 3,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancherlio View Post
I want to use the old animations since my model is from the old ones. I want you to approach as close as possible to Tomb Raider 1.

https://imgur.com/a/cOF0yQX
good start i guess but at least use normal maps please, so that the lighting that reflects on the texture surfaces doesn't look that plastic-y
FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-18, 18:39   #7
ancherlio
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakRaider View Post
good start i guess but at least use normal maps please, so that the lighting that reflects on the texture surfaces doesn't look that plastic-y

Ofc Broh is just a test project, I have a lot of work to do.

https://imgur.com/a/tUT5eWH
ancherlio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-18, 13:34   #8
croftyboy
Student
 
croftyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 215
Default

I was very excited when I saw the title because I don't consider Anni as a remake... but now kinda disappointed bc it will be like classics. Good luck anyways. Making games is not easy.
croftyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-18, 00:11   #9
Greatest TR
Explorer
 
Greatest TR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: United kingdom
Posts: 776
Default

Are you planning to use a Block grid system and tank control? that would be great if you do.
__________________
Rest in Peace - rr_carroll
Greatest TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 18:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.