www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 05-12-18, 22:37   #13731
laracroftswest
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
Considering how fast Tomb Raider is coming to Netflix UK & Ireland (Maybe even Global Netflix sans USA!), I wouldn't be surprised if MGM got a lot of $$$ for this deal which could in itself be enough to green light a sequel.

It's unheard of a blockbuster to come THIS soon to Netflix. Usually I think that's a bad thing but Vikander is starring in a Netflix original movie next year so maybe her talent agency pulled a few strings and did a solid with the executives there and basically "Help us out, the more people who know about Vikander, the more who will watch your original film."

That + WarnerMedia's own streaming service, they might think the 3x ROI is enough to green light a sequel for theatres (But more strategically to beef up their own content system). WarnerMedia is being very aggressive lately, they just leased Friends for another year to Netflix for $100M but rumour has it the motive is to keep the public watching Friends while they try to organise a reunion sequel show for their own streaming platform.

The film comes out December 16th and will be advertised on the platform then and is the big ONLY release (Mowgli comes this week) until after Christmas so their clearly pitching this next week as your big Christmas adventure blockbuster which is VERY EXCITING but again why I think Netflix paid MGM a lot of money because a lot of people will tune in, hopefully become fans of Vikander, then next year when her Original Movie comes out on the platform - tune in then)

Indiana Jones films are very popular on UK & IRE TV this time of year, Disney launching their own platform will NEVER give that to Netflix so they want Tomb Raider to be their offering and I do think it could do well on Netflix, I've been on a lot of planes lately and did see folks watching it on there.
Black Panther has been on Netflix since the summer
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-18, 08:12   #13732
mind
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftswest View Post
I watched the first Tomb Raider movie after seeing the new reboot one and I had to say.... the first one is much better. Angelina is just so natural in the role it is unbelievable.
mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-18, 08:31   #13733
Ellioft
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind View Post
I watched the first Tomb Raider movie after seeing the new reboot one and I had to say.... the first one is much better. Angelina is just so natural in the role it is unbelievable.
Natural and Angelina doesn't fit on the same phrase she lack of good acting in this movie (but it's not her fault just the one of the director). She's much better in the Cradle of Life or at least she doesn't look horny every 30s.

I have learn something about her while I was excavating the deep of the movie section. She wanted to be on Tomb Raider 3 but before she know the box office result of COL and then after the movie she said she doesn't wanted to be on this franchise anymore.
Old 06-12-18, 11:21   #13734
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftswest View Post
Is that Netflix USA, not the deal at all here in Europe! That's promising to hear but it's not like Black Panther wasn't in a dire financial state.

This is a nice gift for Alicia Vikander. Ranked #3 star of 2018 THANKS to Tomb Raider.
https://twitter.com/IMDb/status/1070437808148484101
GeekOfComedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-18, 14:27   #13735
laracroftswest
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
Is that Netflix USA, not the deal at all here in Europe! That's promising to hear but it's not like Black Panther wasn't in a dire financial state.

This is a nice gift for Alicia Vikander. Ranked #3 star of 2018 THANKS to Tomb Raider.
https://twitter.com/IMDb/status/1070437808148484101
Yep, Netflix USA
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-18, 22:42   #13736
AimlessThunder
Professor

A sequel must happen. Most people liked the movie.
Old 07-12-18, 00:24   #13737
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessThunder View Post
A sequel must happen. Most people liked the movie.
I really hope that it will get one, especially with Alicia placing 3rd on IMDB’s top stars list for her work on TR. If we got a sequel with some of the major kinks and issues of the first movie worked out, I think it would really shine.
Old 07-12-18, 10:41   #13738
Ellioft
Archaeologist

I'm really happy she deserve this
Old 07-12-18, 11:21   #13739
AntRaidsTombs
Professor

The movie has been on HBO for a minute. Black Panther is also on Netflix too.
Old 07-12-18, 15:04   #13740
Grizzly Bear
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
I really hope that it will get one, especially with Alicia placing 3rd on IMDB’s top stars list for her work on TR. If we got a sequel with some of the major kinks and issues of the first movie worked out, I think it would really shine.
They'd need to find a way to attract US audience but at the same time they need to keep Chinese audience as well; if they manage to do that, a possible sequel won't flop! But how can they do that? That's the hard part...
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote