www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 15-11-18, 04:40   #321
Kirishima
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsunt View Post
You can use dgVoodoo wrapper to make the game overlay compatible, but it will probably break new FMV playback.
It does. I would suggest using an older release from before the fmv update if someone wants fmv's and dgvoodoo compatibility.

Last edited by Kirishima; 15-11-18 at 04:43.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-18, 02:00   #322
Tremolo
Hobbyist

Hi, Arsunt!

Your patch is great. It fixes some important issues, besides the waving inventory.

I wanna ask you something. Is it possible if you can explain or add some patch for TR 3, 4 and 5 to fix the delay at the beginning of FMV sequences? I think has something to do with the internal resolution, but I don't know how to fix it and I noticed you fixed it on TR2 without need of using the Peixoto's tool.

I could use the Peixoto's tool, but for some reason the audio doesn't sound in any Tomb Raider game everytime I use it.
Tremolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-18, 23:17   #323
Peixoto
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo View Post
Hi, Arsunt!

Your patch is great. It fixes some important issues, besides the waving inventory.

I wanna ask you something. Is it possible if you can explain or add some patch for TR 3, 4 and 5 to fix the delay at the beginning of FMV sequences? I think has something to do with the internal resolution, but I don't know how to fix it and I noticed you fixed it on TR2 without need of using the Peixoto's tool.

I could use the Peixoto's tool, but for some reason the audio doesn't sound in any Tomb Raider game everytime I use it.
Sorry for hijacking your thread, Arsunt

Indeed that delay happens because changing display modes on windows 8\10 takes forever.

With my program, run the game's setup (hold the 'shift' key when you start) and on the 'Sound device' option, instead of selecting 'primary sound driver', select the other option that appears. Also try the non exclusive fullscreen option and if nothing woks you can try to use API monitor (http://www.rohitab.com/apimonitor) to monitor DirectSound calls. API monitor has a option to save results to a file, i can use that to try to solve the issue
Peixoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-18, 23:32   #324
charmedangelin

This patch is amazing. The game runs smoothly now and I love the health and air bars. Question, if we ever needed to remove this would we just delete the registry entries?
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-18, 19:08   #325
Tremolo
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peixoto View Post
Sorry for hijacking your thread, Arsunt

Indeed that delay happens because changing display modes on windows 8\10 takes forever.

With my program, run the game's setup (hold the 'shift' key when you start) and on the 'Sound device' option, instead of selecting 'primary sound driver', select the other option that appears. Also try the non exclusive fullscreen option and if nothing woks you can try to use API monitor (http://www.rohitab.com/apimonitor) to monitor DirectSound calls. API monitor has a option to save results to a file, i can use that to try to solve the issue
Thank you, Peixoto. It's working fine.

But now I have problems with the FMV sequences. I try to up the scale level because they look very small, but it's not working. Whatever number I put, the FMV looks small. And I have problems with TR4, every time I try to play it, the game crashes and a window appears mentioning that there it was a problem with Direct X.
Old 06-12-18, 18:54   #326
Peixoto
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo View Post
Thank you, Peixoto. It's working fine.

But now I have problems with the FMV sequences. I try to up the scale level because they look very small, but it's not working. Whatever number I put, the FMV looks small. And I have problems with TR4, every time I try to play it, the game crashes and a window appears mentioning that there it was a problem with Direct X.
The FMVs scale option control is indeed broken on TR4 and 5, but you can edit the ini files on the scripts folder directly. The maximum size is desktop height\480

To get TR4 to work just run the setup again
Peixoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-18, 03:18   #327
Tremolo
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peixoto View Post
The FMVs scale option control is indeed broken on TR4 and 5, but you can edit the ini files on the scripts folder directly. The maximum size is desktop height\480

To get TR4 to work just run the setup again
Thanks, it worked for TR4. But it doesn't work on TR3, so I'm using an older version of your tool for that game.

I have another problem, I'm playing the spanish version of TR5 and the .exe of the spanish version is different than the updated .exe of "trupdate". If I use that updated .exe, all texts in the game looks messed up. So I have no other choice than use the original spanish .exe outdated to fix all texts in game. If I use the Peixoto tool with the spanish .exe, I can't see anything during gameplay, in other words, the game looks extremely zoomed in.

I'm using your tool in TR2 along with the latest Arsunt's waving patch, but the game crashes when I try to play it. Is this a problem of compatibility?

Sorry for bother you with all this issues.
Old 14-12-18, 04:59   #328
tomblover
Tomb Raider

Any updates on this? I'm really excited for GM support.
Old 16-12-18, 14:40   #329
Ewerton Pires
Hobbyist

Was the project aborted?
Old 16-12-18, 17:18   #330
Kapu
Professor

Default @^

It's the holiday season, people are very busy at this time of the year. I can't speak for Arsunt, but personally I haven't had any time for side projects. Been too busy with work/Christmas prep, and I imagine many others are in the same boat. We just need to be patient.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote