www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 06-12-18, 16:22   #1261
_Tomb_Raider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackraider View Post
^ why waste the money lol? Fans could make one for free. I'd love to get involved in such a project. 3d modeler/ sculpting experience here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
The only thing missing from any fan-made Tomb Raider remake:

1. Programmers
2. Porgrammer's who care to accurately remake the game

Of course, some of those seeds are sprouting in the TRLE > Software Development section and Fan Artwork section.
Instead of wasting the money, why dont we double the invested amount by making a masterpiece game that sells well?

I feel like there is always a lot of talk of fans coming together and making a fan re-make or continuation to AOD storyline but it never reaches anything concrete. Truth to be told, while there is a potential to create something fan-based, the only thing that can make AOD justice is a true AAA title game with amazing gameplay, graphics, level design and cutscenes that follow the original storyline. For that, I think there needs to be serious time invested in the process and it would require a big amount of people coming together with specific skills and knowledge. However, this type of work would have to be done on daily basis meaning that it would have to be paid because even die-hard fans like us can't afford such a workload to be voluntary. So, yeah, somebody better win lottery soon.

Last edited by _Tomb_Raider; 06-12-18 at 16:26.
_Tomb_Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-18, 17:44   #1262
jackraider
Archaeologist

I'd be shocked if an AAA studio touched AOD. I could see that happening in an alternate reality, but not so much in our current reality.
Old 06-12-18, 19:54   #1263
_Tomb_Raider
Professor

Yeah, naturally. But, as I said, its nice to dream.
Old 07-12-18, 16:02   #1264
Zsott
Explorer

Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-18, 18:18   #1265
TRExpertgamer
Student

The reason why I think that Eidos Interactive decided to finish off the AOD trilogy is because that, I think that Eidos didn't really wanted anything to do with Lara being Nephilim as they very much rather keep Lara more of a realistic human I guess but other than that, I love the idea that Lara gets to remove the shadow in Shadow of the Tomb Raider! I'm very satiafied that AOD Lara AT LEAST finally showed her face on Rise & Shadow as well!! Therefore as of in my personal opinion, AOD Lara Croft very much better off NEVER LEAVE THE TOMB RAIDER FRANCHISE AT ALL! She's one of my favorite #1 Lara Croft that she is than TR1 Lara that she was to the point that I think Core Design have somewhat rebooted her character from 4-6!

Last edited by TRExpertgamer; 07-12-18 at 18:21.
TRExpertgamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-18, 23:26   #1266
Potkanka
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer View Post
The reason why I think that Eidos Interactive decided to finish off the AOD trilogy is because that, I think that Eidos didn't really wanted anything to do with Lara being Nephilim as they very much rather keep Lara more of a realistic human I guess but other than that, I love the idea that Lara gets to remove the shadow in Shadow of the Tomb Raider! I'm very satiafied that AOD Lara AT LEAST finally showed her face on Rise & Shadow as well!! Therefore as of in my personal opinion, AOD Lara Croft very much better off NEVER LEAVE THE TOMB RAIDER FRANCHISE AT ALL! She's one of my favorite #1 Lara Croft that she is than TR1 Lara that she was to the point that I think Core Design have somewhat rebooted her character from 4-6!
I think it was only one of possible scenarios to make Lara something... genetically enhanced, coming from her ancestors. I honestly wouldn't like it either, I like her being an "ordinary" human, i.e. with no superpowers. (I mean, it's a fun fanfic idea, but I wouldn't want it to be canon.)
I don't think they'd sack a whole game for one idea, they could just say they don't want that idea implemented.
Old 08-12-18, 00:26   #1267
TRExpertgamer
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potkanka View Post
I think it was only one of possible scenarios to make Lara something... genetically enhanced, coming from her ancestors. I honestly wouldn't like it either, I like her being an "ordinary" human, i.e. with no superpowers. (I mean, it's a fun fanfic idea, but I wouldn't want it to be canon.)
I don't think they'd sack a whole game for one idea, they could just say they don't want that idea implemented.
Exactly! therefore, in my personal opinion, it's pointless for Lara Croft to get genetically modified instead of keeping her as an ordinary woman as I believe that AOD Lara must be more ordinary instead but anyway, I think this is the same jeep that Lara drove in the garage in the Serpent Rouge I've noticed! Now, I'm wondering if there's any way how to fix the PS2 version of the game! Because as far as I hear the ambience in the Louve in the pc version of the game, I'm wondering if it's a possibility to enable all of that in the PS2 version of the game if there's any way how to take better care with that.

Last edited by TRExpertgamer; 10-12-18 at 11:28.
Old 10-12-18, 01:56   #1268
TRExpertgamer
Student

I'm so sorry I've double posted by mistake ��
Old 11-12-18, 19:03   #1269
Zsott
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
Hey guys, I've decided to play some AoD, because the weather matches the game's mood (at least at my location) but I've got a problem.

Lara's model behaving strangely, as in something tries to clipping trough, not to mention, it seems like the camera loses focus on some objects and some distances (textures getting blurry, where they shouldn't)

I'm on win 10, and using vmr9, because if not, the game won't launch.
(I've use the TRAODmultipatcher, but I deleted it along with the game ages ago, then a few weeks ago I used CCcleaner for clear my logs (for a different reason)
I've also tried compatiblity mode, but It stays like that. (Also steam overlay doesn't work, so I can't take a screenshot of my problem, but I could record it if it's needed)
Nevermind, I fixed it with the graphics settings.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:53   #1270
TRExpertgamer
Student

Now I have a REALLY GREATEST QUESTION TO ASK!! Now please tell me how can I get the AOD screensaver to work on windows 10? And also another question is that which engine did they use for the E3 2002 version of the game?

Last edited by TRExpertgamer; Today at 03:29.