www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 30-04-19, 14:23   #461
TrustyBow
Professor
 
TrustyBow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
I was convinced that globe trotting would have been amazing but now I'm not so sure.

I mean, I thought that the whole third act set entirely inside the tomb was a great choice in the first movie and I'd like this formula to return (it's Tomb Raider after all, not a generic action movie).

I think the best thing (if they take inspiration from Rise) is just three locations:
1)London and Croft Manor (shown only at the beginning and at the ending)
2)a very small section in Syria
3) main location: Syberia


Including both Syberia and Peru would make them both not feel so important and there won't be enough time to develop a serious tomb section.
I would've been fine with the last act being set in the tomb if a.) The second act would've had a greater sense of adventure or b.) the tomb was better looking. I love the second act for what it is, but I feel like it wasn't good enough to justify the more claustrophobic third act.

If they do Syria and Siberia, that could work really well. Syria would have the tomb and Siberia could be where the main plot takes place.

I think my preference would be:

1st Act: Syria - Lara explores tomb and finds a clue that drives the plot.

2nd Act A - London/Croft Manor

2nd Act B/C - Siberia - Lara searching for Kitezh while fighting Trinity.

3rd Act - Kitezh
__________________
TRF: "Classics good. Reboot bad."
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 15:18   #462
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist
 
Grizzly Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
I would've been fine with the last act being set in the tomb if a.) The second act would've had a greater sense of adventure or b.) the tomb was better looking. I love the second act for what it is, but I feel like it wasn't good enough to justify the more claustrophobic third act.

If they do Syria and Siberia, that could work really well. Syria would have the tomb and Siberia could be where the main plot takes place.

I think my preference would be:

1st Act: Syria - Lara explores tomb and finds a clue that drives the plot.

2nd Act A - London/Croft Manor

2nd Act B/C - Siberia - Lara searching for Kitezh while fighting Trinity.

3rd Act - Kitezh
This would be perfect.

Also another topic: weapons; we know dual pistols are going to be in this movie for sure but I believe the bow will be back too (I mean, there's an arrow in the logo...).
I think the best way would be dual pistols in Syria; bow in a short section of Syberia and then dual pistols again in the final act.

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 30-04-19 at 15:20.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 16:02   #463
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter
 
ThatSassyKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 8,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
OooooooooOooh.
You sure showed me! lol
Omg the queen is back!
__________________
Me: *breathes* Entire forum: ...
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 16:10   #464
HarleyCroft
Archaeologist
 
HarleyCroft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,089
Default

^and so are her toadies, apparently.
Ugh, I also did not miss this section being monopolized by bitches.
__________________
Laugh, clown, and they'll all applaud! Laugh at the pain that poisons your heart
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 18:04   #465
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter
 
ThatSassyKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 8,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
^and so are her toadies, apparently.
Ugh, I also did not miss this section being monopolized by bitches.
Drink some tea and simmer down, sis.
__________________
Me: *breathes* Entire forum: ...
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 18:24   #466
VictorXD
Relic Hunter
 
VictorXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: pillow
Posts: 9,051
Default

Oh god... and people wonder why members say that TRF's movie section is the place where discussions and maturity go to die.
__________________
Persecution to all non Luds Gate believers may God's wrath fall upon you sinners
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 18:39   #467
Portugalraider
Professor
 
Portugalraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Oh god... and people wonder why members say that TRF's movie section is the place where discussions and maturity go to die.
Who says that? Even the "weekly BO earnings meltdowns" during the 2018's movie release were much more tamed compared to a regular "discussion" in SotTR's sub-forums…
__________________
Everyday looking for reasons to keep coming here...
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 18:42   #468
VictorXD
Relic Hunter
 
VictorXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: pillow
Posts: 9,051
Default

Oh that's not a sub forum, that's a freaking war zone
__________________
Persecution to all non Luds Gate believers may God's wrath fall upon you sinners
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 19:48   #469
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter
 
ThatSassyKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 8,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Who says that? Even the "weekly BO earnings meltdowns" during the 2018's movie release were much more tamed compared to a regular "discussion" in SotTR's sub-forums…
The Shadow section is a ****ing meme
__________________
Me: *breathes* Entire forum: ...
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-19, 21:54   #470
SoraSakai
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 3,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
^and so are her toadies, apparently.
Ugh, I also did not miss this section being monopolized by bitches.
I’m not going to report you or anything, but let’s try to keep the insults to a minimum.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.