www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-09-19, 21:25   #4921
SoraSakai
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 3,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I will never accept bad business practices ever. That's how gamers continue to get screwed over. Look at crash racing, you continue to have **** like that happen because people justify that ****. There was no reason to have microtransactions in that game like it's bull**** to make me pay well over $100 for more that others basically will get for free.

You justify that then don't complain when they get more greedy.

Me greedy? Are you kidding me, that's the mindset that had breed this greedy gaming culture where money is everything these days.
You want something for free. Something that was never advertised to be included in the season pass and you’re being highly aggressive about it.

How is “doing a thing, and wanting money in exchange for the thing” bad business...?

I’m going to use my analogy again to explain my point:
IMPORTANT ANALOGY PLEASE READ:

I own a cake shop. My shop sells a “7 cake set, for $60”. Charmed would like to buy it. He gives me $60. I give him 7 cakes.

I am now working on a new cake.

Charmed walks back into the store. “You’re giving me that one too right?”

“What? Yes you can buy it-“

“BUY IT!? I already gave you $60!”

“That was for 7 cakes... I gave you the 7 cakes.”

“OMG WHAT HORRIBLE BUSINESS THIS IS!”

Do you get it? Do you get why I disagree and it has nothing to do with me having a personal problem with you because I genuinely like you and agree with 90% of your posts?

Edit: the price of the cake isn’t relevant to the point btw, the point is the cake store is advertising something and you’re given what you told you’d be given. So don’t respond back with “but the game was actually $XX because you’ll be missing the entire point of the analogy lol.

Last edited by SoraSakai; 05-09-19 at 21:27.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 21:26   #4922
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider
 
Yuna´s Wish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Argentina
Posts: 14,246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
If there’ll be one, I guess it would be like 15-25$/€/£ whatever, cheaper than the current one......
All I know is I wouldn't pay 25 to 30 USD, unless I'm once again promised as much content as with the 1st pass.

Extra modes don't justify a steep price, in my opinion. New adventures, though, hell yes!!!
__________________
Renew your soul to make you strong.
Yuna´s Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 21:28   #4923
Vaskito
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Post
What are you talking about man? This is not only in the gaming industry, but with any other product. When you pay for something, you're agreeing with what's being sold to you.

Coca-cola doesn't own you a free 7th coca-cola because you bought a pack of six.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 21:29   #4924
SoraSakai
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 3,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
m
Coca-cola doesn't owe you a free 7th coca-cola because you bought a pack of six.
Damnit. That analogy is way better than mine lol
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 21:30   #4925
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist
 
Tomb Raidering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: ソラサカイの家で SoraSakai’s House
Posts: 2,278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
You want something for free. Something that was never advertised to be included in the season pass and you’re being highly aggressive about it.

How is “doing a thing, and wanting money in exchange for the thing” bad business...?

I’m going to use my analogy again to explain my point:
IMPORTANT ANALOGY PLEASE READ:

I own a cake shop. My shop sells a “7 cake set, for $60”. Charmed would like to buy it. He gives me $60. I give him 7 cakes.

I am now working on a new cake.

Charmed walks back into the store. “You’re giving me that one too right?”

“What? Yes you can buy it-“

“BUY IT!? I already gave you $60!”

“That was for 7 cakes... I gave you the 7 cakes.”

“OMG WHAT HORRIBLE BUSINESS THIS IS!”

Do you get it? Do you get why I disagree and it has nothing to do with me having a personal problem with you because I genuinely like you and agree with 90% of your posts?

Edit: the price of the cake isn’t relevant to the point btw, the point is the cake store is advertising something and you’re given what you told you’d be given. So don’t respond back with “but the game was actually $XX because you’ll be missing the entire point of the analogy lol.
That’s a nice explaining! But it would be great if they offer us (those who pre-ordered at least ) ‘the cakes’ for free...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
What are you talking about man? This is not only in the gaming industry, but with any other product. When you pay for something, you're agreeing with what's being sold to you.

Coca-cola doesn't own you a free 7th coca-cola because you bought a pack of six.
Ugh, the pain! SoraSakai defeated....
__________________
Ubisoft created an imposter character who claims to be Classic Lara. #NotMyLara

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 05-09-19 at 21:31.
Tomb Raidering is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 21:31   #4926
Vaskito
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
That’s a nice explaining! But it would be great if they offer us (those who pre-ordered at least ) ‘the cakes’ for free...
Literally none of us is saying otherwise either. Ofc it would be nice if they gave it for free - and they'll likely will, for Season Pass holders anyway
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 21:35   #4927
SoraSakai
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 3,216
Default

Yes obviously I’d love it for free. I’m just saying I’m aware I’m not OWED it for free and I’d have no problem with it not being free.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 21:35   #4928
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 11,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
What are you talking about man? This is not only in the gaming industry, but with any other product. When you pay for something, you're agreeing with what's being sold to you.

Coca-cola doesn't own you a free 7th coca-cola because you bought a pack of six.
No this is the gaming industry being greedy as **** because gamers let them. You don't care at all that you paid almost $100 for everything and they still want to be greedy as **** and charge people more? Money does not grow on trees, they got paid way more then other games sell for.

Not my problem if they couldn't sell Shadow flop raider from the start. Next time step up your Marketing.

They will continue to screw people over if you people allow it. This is not ok at all, I would legit be outraged and have every right to be after paying so much money for one single game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Yes obviously I’d love it for free. I’m just saying I’m aware I’m not OWED it for free and I’d have no problem with it not being free.
Right, after already spending a fortune on it because who cares how much money they demand, fans always there to be milked like the piggy banks they are happy to be
__________________
Ubisoft Brought back Classic Lara ^_^
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 21:36   #4929
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist
 
Tomb Raidering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: ソラサカイの家で SoraSakai’s House
Posts: 2,278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Yes obviously I’d love it for free. I’m just saying I’m aware I’m not OWED it for free and I’d have no problem with it not being free.
Ofc they don’t owe us anything... lol ^.^
But it better be cheap
__________________
Ubisoft created an imposter character who claims to be Classic Lara. #NotMyLara
Tomb Raidering is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-19, 21:38   #4930
Athukraz
Relic Hunter
 
Athukraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Clown Manor
Posts: 7,002
Default

It would probably be 5€, or exclusive to the season pass/DE like dlc7.
__________________
Clown Movement 2019
Athukraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.