Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 20-09-19, 17:09   #1091
XProger
Golden

XProger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-19, 20:30   #1092
Craig Michaels

XProger, I thought you might enjoy knowing that I used OpenLara as the launching point for my first lecture teaching Introduction to Archaeology at San Francisco State University.

I played through “Caves” on the projector, and had students talk about what Lara was doing wrong as a scientist (not recording her field methods, working by herself, not asking permission from locals or governments, shooting endangered species). I then used this to introduce archaeological theory. It was a hit, students seemed to really enjoy it!
Craig Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-19, 02:22   #1093
Lokkey97

Hi everyone, I am currently trying to run Tomb Raider 2 through OpenLara on the Mac. I have all the files and the program runs smoothly but my problem is that there are just certain mechanics in the game that do not run such as climbable walls and zip lines and certain enemies (I can't really get past the first level sadly).

Has anyone had any luck with OpenLara on the Mac or is it just impossible.

Thank you in advance for any help you may give me!
Lokkey97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-19, 03:00   #1094
Craig Michaels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokkey97 View Post
(I can't really get past the first level sadly).
The only way I can pass the first level as-is has been using the fly cheat to cross the chasm above the T-rexes. I gave up playing through after running into trouble playing in Venice. The water and shadows sure are beautiful though!
Craig Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-19, 05:57   #1095
Joshorty

I'm so sorry to ask this but can someone please bring me up to speed? I mainly want to replay this game with better lighting and shadows. Is this something I can tinker with my PC files or is it currently only playable via web browser?
Joshorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-19, 09:33   #1096
VictorXD

^ As far as I know it's 97% done and you can play the game from start to finish without having to resort to cheats.

Just download the necessary files and follow the instructions, it's pretty straightforward. IIRC you just gotta put the files for music and level from TR1 in the right folders.
VictorXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-19, 10:42   #1097
annl

This is the current status as far as we know.
  • Currently the web browser allows support for TR1 to TR4 while the downloadable version allows TR1 to TR3.
  • The web version also has a resolution scale option.
  • The downloadable version hasn’t been updated since the 11 January.
  • You can play TR1 on both versions completely without cheats.

Very little has been done in 3 months (latest update was 7 days ago but nothing major).

Can we get an update on the current project status from XProger?

Last edited by annl; 22-10-19 at 10:43.
annl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-19, 00:58   #1098
EliParker

Any plans to update OpenLara offline mode? As I rather played Tomb Raider on my computer instead of online.
EliParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-19, 12:27   #1099
Mr. Mr.

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I'm having trouble getting Unfinished Business to work with the Mac port of OpenLara. I have the original files from the Gold CD but when I put them into Contents -> Resources and then try to start the application, it stays in the dock for less than a second and disappears.

I've tried numerous configurations of folder paths and they all have the same result. Strangely, I can get the original TR1 to work just fine (although I haven't yet figured out the proper file path and file names for the Redbook music files). And similarly, I was able to get TR2 and TR3's data files to work with OpenLara, although I can't pass level 1 of TR2 because there is no coding yet for Lara hanging from the zipline.

Is anyone willing to help me out with a list of the specific files I need and where they need to go in folders to get Unfinished Business to run? Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.

Last edited by Mr. Mr.; 06-12-19 at 04:03.
Mr. Mr. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 14:03   #1100
GRiannisRaider

Hey guys , can anyone tell me where to find the soundtracks from the game and how to make them work with openLara?
Thanks in advance!
GRiannisRaider is offline   Reply With Quote