www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III > The Lost Artifact

Old 10-08-20, 15:53   #21
TombHackR
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
There's something that baffles me when I see it, it is the amount of places where you can download and/or play TR1 freely on the internet
I was going to say… you can easily get TR1 for free anywhere, even on this forums since Gidierre’s installer includes the entire game with it. Also you could probably reconstruct the entire game with all the patches, like the TombATI exe, the .flac quality CD track list etc… . I do not see Square Enix making any effort to counter this even though the game is still actively being sold.

Anyway I think it’s clear now that our only issue is just how difficult it will be to make a TLA port, not the legal side of it.
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 19:48   #22
ReH_
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peixoto View Post
Give me a decent reason and i'll do it
Well, the game would be not "lost" anymore and anyone could download. On a PS1 would bring people who already played TLA on PC to check how this port is it (like me and some other members) and some new players that only likes to play Tomb Raider on PS1.
Not only that, but if you do like b122251 did, and release its conversion tools and source (tr1pcpsx and tr2pcpsx) your tool will be really appreciated by some members. And for last we would have all PC exclusive expansion on PSX
TR1 UB by Gh0stblade and b122251
TR2 GM by b122251
Times Exclusive by Gh0stblade and TheBlueFox

So, this is the reasons i can think, i hope someone can write more and maybe this port came true.
Old 11-08-20, 06:45   #23
Felix Kroft
Student

Is Eternal glory a decent reason?

As i've said before, i always appreciate PSX projects, and other fan mods and tools for Classic TR's.

I'm always very, very happy when something like this happens.

Even when most people just don't care that much, because "everyone" now likes to play on super-modern consoles, and PC's.

I see a great value in those fan projects.

And i think, that with time, they will be even more appreciated.

Because let's just think for a moment, like WOW! Classic expansions on PS1?

It's like finding the THE ONE RING, or 4-leaf clover, or encountering Big Foot or U.F.O

it's something that wasn't supposed to happen, but when it happens it's just magic.

I myself, i've been waiting for this for 20 years +/-

Back in the 90's early 00's i had a console, but not pc, so the only way i could play GOLD expansions, was after school, in computer lab, because someone secretly installed a couple of demos on one pc, because teacher usually wouldn't let anyone install anything new on those pc's, and i was in for a shock when i clicked on TR3 icon, and then i saw a completely new title screen, that was one of those moments, i wasn't even aware that such game existed.

When i thought that after classic trilogy, the adventures are done, and then bang! Here comes another pack.

It wasn't until 2006 or 2007 that i got to finally play TR3 GOLD in it's entirety.

So, well, it means a lot, really a lot to me, to play or see those games again, and on PSX engine, even if it's just on emulator, or some gameplay vids on YT.

And i'm way more excited when i see some classic TR ports, or mods, than hearing about new PS4/5 games coming out, wheter it's this franchise, or some other.

Last edited by Felix Kroft; 11-08-20 at 06:47.
Felix Kroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-20, 12:50   #24
MartimMonteiro
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsunt View Post
(...) TR3Main is still in plans. Good news that all features from TR2Main are ready to copy into TR3Main.
Does this mean we'll be able to play TR3 with all TR2's and TR3's PS1 visual effects? e.g. the flare glow from TR2... If I remember correctly, TR3 doesn't have a glow effect on PS1, it only has fire sparks, like the PC version.

Last edited by MartimMonteiro; 12-08-20 at 12:52.
MartimMonteiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-20, 16:55   #25
Arsunt
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartimMonteiro View Post
Does this mean we'll be able to play TR3 with all TR2's and TR3's PS1 visual effects? e.g. the flare glow from TR2... If I remember correctly, TR3 doesn't have a glow effect on PS1, it only has fire sparks, like the PC version.
It is possible to add TR2 glow. All PS1 exclusive effects will be ported to PC version (footprints, SFX reverb., blue save crystals, etc.)
Old 12-08-20, 17:26   #26
MartimMonteiro
Student

That means the game will look even better than the PS1 version with all those effects from TR2 and TR3, amazing! Thank you Arsunt and everyone involved on TR2main and TR3main!
MartimMonteiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-20, 15:01   #27
Vinny Ferri
Hobbyist

I hope someday we can have TLA in PS1 like other ports made by Gh0stblade and b122251 (awesome work by these heroes). With Square not giving importance to the Gold Expansions, and it's more difficult each day more to play them on newer SOs, I think it's not a bad thing having this game ported. I was expecting TRUE could bring the Gold ones, but it was a false alarm.
Old 15-10-20, 07:40   #28
Heartache
Professor

id rather take more projects like tr2main.
Old 15-10-20, 10:55   #29
ANoDE
Golden

Although I wouldn't say no to a PS1 port, I really hope that TR3Main will be a thing someday, too.
Old 17-10-20, 18:15   #30
TRExpertgamer
Explorer

WOW!! This sounds like a very good idea to make that happen from here which I love for that to happen!!