Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 03-12-20, 14:22   #3461
Tsarina

I wonder why they just released that now? I get it has some spoilers but like....they should have definitely marketed Abby a whole lot more than they did.
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 15:25   #3462
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsarina View Post
I wonder why they just released that now? I get it has some spoilers but like....they should have definitely marketed Abby a whole lot more than they did.
I think they had wanted it to be surprise at time of release, but then again they could be doing this trying to hint at something? Who knows lol.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 16:14   #3463
Valentino

Quote:
There's possibly some marketing strategy Sony/ND are doing by releasing this before the game awards, perhaps? Or the game has been out long enough, and it's definitely common knowledge that another (would have been surprise) playable character called Abby is the second half of this games content.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-20, 23:53   #3464
DragonSlayer

Quote:
Maybe Naughty Dog were trying to do what Kojima did with Raiden in MGS2 and not reveal that the player would be playing as Abby for part of the game, not advertising Abby was likely deliberate so as to keep her motivation for revenge a secret.

Too much can sometimes be given away in pre-release trailers and advertising like Terminator Genisys which gave away a big piece of the plot in the pre-release trailers and on the movie's poster, the movie's director argued against revealing it in the pre-release trailers and on the poster but for some reason the marketing department overruled him thinking that it knew better than him.

What they did was no different than Homer Simpson going to see a movie and giving away a big piece of the plot as he was walking past the people who had yet to see it on his way out of the cinema.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-20, 16:54   #3465
redfox45

Much as I hate Kojima now, the depth and brilliance of what he did with MGS2 is something that will always be worthy of respect and admiration. It still blows my mind how clever and relivant that game still is.

Come to think of it some TLoU2 stans remind me a lot of MGS fans, if you didn't like it and think it was perfect in every way then you're too dumb to understand it.

That's always a great look for a fandom.
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-20, 21:59   #3466
killchan

Quote:
Prepping the ground for the upcoming Game Awards.
With salt.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 03:38   #3467
Persefone

Wasnt there a standalone mp in the works? Not sure where I read ab it
Persefone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 10:37   #3468
TR1249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persefone View Post
Wasnt there a standalone mp in the works? Not sure where I read ab it
It is but no news so far
TR1249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 14:17   #3469
GFY2013

I don't know if you guys noticed... but the trailer was in 4K 60fps... PS5 patch soon?
GFY2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-20, 13:08   #3470
DragonSlayer

Could use some help.

I'm playing as Abby I'm at the part where she meets Lev and Yara, my question is how do I make it past the first part when those annoying infected turn up.

I've tried running in circles letting Lev deal with them until they are dead, the infected get a few shots in and it's not long before I'm dead then I tried running in circles while occasionally hitting an infected and ended up dead again.

I'm now considering lying down and hiding see if that makes any difference, are there any bricks or bottles in the immediate area I can use, I don't have time to scan for them as I'm too busy continually running in circles.

The worst parts in games are always the parts where my weapons get taken away and all I've got to defend myself is a hammer or the game forces me to use a weapon with a ridiculously long reload time during a mission where I have to defend an NPC against waves of bad guys.

It's happened in nearly every GTA game that my weapons are taken away for varying reasons and it was Far Cry 3 that gave me a weapon with significant firepower but with a trade-off of a long reload time, I would have settled for little less firepower with a faster reload time.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote