www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 14-09-18, 22:11   #11
Samz
Professor
 
Samz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Helheim
Posts: 3,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
I guess the alien look, blood red muscle texture, screeching, moaning, blowing up when they die, and being able to kill you in a couple hits helps.
Pretty much, I love it, I asked a friend who recently got into Tomb Raider if he liked Atlantis and he said it was "...Surprising."
__________________
"What does it mean to be a Tomb Raider?,It means to collect artifacts for sport"
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-18, 02:22   #12
Kirishima
Historian
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Pretty much, I love it, I asked a friend who recently got into Tomb Raider if he liked Atlantis and he said it was "...Surprising."
Long ago when I was still a kid, I used to be scared of the level. These days, it's one of my favorites, which is one of the reasons I don't really like anniversary much anymore...

Last edited by Kirishima; 15-09-18 at 02:25.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-18, 12:48   #13
Samz
Professor
 
Samz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Helheim
Posts: 3,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
Long ago when I was still a kid, I used to be scared of the level. These days, it's one of my favorites, which is one of the reasons I don't really like anniversary much anymore...
Yeah I'm sorta 50/50 on Aesthetic, I prefer the golden runes and stone over the Golden Pyramid exterior but I prefer Flesh for the interior.
__________________
"What does it mean to be a Tomb Raider?,It means to collect artifacts for sport"
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-18, 17:48   #14
drbunnig
Student
 
drbunnig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Liverpool, UK
Posts: 100
Default

I'm still cautious when playing Aldwych these days. Those damn dogs seemingly coming from nowhere.
__________________
Signature removed. Advertising not permitted.
drbunnig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-18, 12:08   #15
Legends
Tomb Raider
 
Legends's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 16,936
Default

All the classics 'scare' me in a way. It's something about ambience of the games. It's part of the reason I love them. When I was a kid the Floating Islands level from TR2 used to scared me a little. Also the crane from Chronicles in the warehouse would freak me out, lol.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-18, 14:21   #16
Samz
Professor
 
Samz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Helheim
Posts: 3,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
All the classics 'scare' me in a way. It's something about ambience of the games. It's part of the reason I love them. When I was a kid the Floating Islands level from TR2 used to scared me a little. Also the crane from Chronicles in the warehouse would freak me out, lol.
I guess its because of how immersive they are (not many cutscenes and such to break up the gameplay, which even Legend and arguably even Underworld lost a bit of ) so you sorta "get into it".
__________________
"What does it mean to be a Tomb Raider?,It means to collect artifacts for sport"
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-18, 15:22   #17
Legends
Tomb Raider
 
Legends's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 16,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
I guess its because of how immersive they are (not many cutscenes and such to break up the gameplay, which even Legend and arguably even Underworld lost a bit of ) so you sorta "get into it".
Yes, and everything feels very dangerous, it's very easy to die, so that ups the factor too.

One thing that used to scare me from TR3 though, the snakes! Now I'm familiar with where they are, but when I wasn't... and that little jump-scare sound would play. Jeez.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-18, 15:29   #18
Samz
Professor
 
Samz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Helheim
Posts: 3,211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
Yes, and everything feels very dangerous, it's very easy to die, so that ups the factor too.

One thing that used to scare me from TR3 though, the snakes! Now I'm familiar with where they are, but when I wasn't... and that little jump-scare sound would play. Jeez.
I had very little medpacks on my first playthrough so the fact one bite was poison freaked me out.
__________________
"What does it mean to be a Tomb Raider?,It means to collect artifacts for sport"
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.