www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 11-06-10, 19:18   #121
scion05
Tomb Raider

Yeah her voice is really good, and unlike some others, it gets better every tour. Back in 2005 she sang the same song and butchered it half the time, and alot of her voice was autotuned allegedly back then aswell... but nowadays she sings it perfectly live... well apart from during her Ishgl concert last year, where the high note just failed miserably
Old 11-06-10, 19:29   #122
anniversarytr11
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scion05 View Post
Yeah her voice is really good, and unlike some others, it gets better every tour. Back in 2005 she sang the same song and butchered it half the time, and alot of her voice was autotuned allegedly back then aswell... but nowadays she sings it perfectly live... well apart from during her Ishgl concert last year, where the high note just failed miserably
not even Mariah and Celiene get it right every time
anniversarytr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 19:44   #123
scion05
Tomb Raider

I know

LMAO

Ignore the most unusual title lol. Fake, but it wasn't live in person either lol.

Last edited by scion05; 11-06-10 at 19:48.
scion05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 20:07   #124
Bonez
Archaeologist

Quote:
I bet really you're going...

LOL

I wonder what notes they really are though? I've never heard a pop star sing so high before. Obviously I've heard vocalists like Mariah, Celine or Leona hit notes like that, but not a pop star.
It's not actually that high tbh. I think Kylie has a soprano voice, and the last of the high notes that she sings is B5. That's near enough the top of the soprano, so it is high, but it's nothing that a soprano would find highely difficult.

Last edited by Bonez; 11-06-10 at 20:10.
Bonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 20:10   #125
WCookie
Professor

I'm so addicted to Nu-Di-Ty, such an amazing song!
Old 11-06-10, 20:14   #126
scion05
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
It's not actually that high tbh. I think Kylie has a soprano voice, and the last of the high notes that she sings is B5. That's near enough the top of the soprano, so it is high, but it's nothing that a soprano would find highely difficult.
Ah, but how about a normal pop star?

Are these the same notes ?

2.56 onwards... they're the best I've ever heard her hit, they sound incredibly high to me.
Old 11-06-10, 20:18   #127
Bonez
Archaeologist

Quote:
Ah, but how about a normal pop star?

Are these the same notes ?

2.56 onwards... they're the best I've ever heard her hit, they sound incredibly high to me.
Well it all depends on what sort of voice you have. Kylie just happens to have a soprano voice, and she can hit those high notes. I'm not sure I know of any other soprano singers off the top of my head.. or I would have to work it for them, they would most likely be able to sing that high, though they may not be their strongest notes because they are deffo the top register of the Soprano voice.

In that video, she is singing the song a semitone higher, probably due to the fact that she was singing it a capella and wasn't given a key. So that last note that she hits (and I must say it impressive) is a C6 (one note above the video where she sings B5).

I really like Kylie. I'm not a huge fan, but her live voice is very good IMO. It's incredibly strong, especially on these high notes!

Last edited by Bonez; 11-06-10 at 20:19.
Bonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 20:23   #128
scion05
Tomb Raider

Exactly, her voice is so strong.

I mean, I love Madonna and Lady Gaga ( nobody will ever top Madonna as a performer to me ), but I have to be honest when I say Kylie impresses me more vocally with the strength of her live vocals, and her range

By the way, how do you work out what the notes are, that's incredible ?
Old 11-06-10, 20:25   #129
anniversarytr11
Professor

Seriously incredible, I'd love to see if gaga could hit high notes, her voice is very powerful in bad romance though
anniversarytr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-10, 20:27   #130
Bonez
Archaeologist

Quote:
Exactly, her voice is so strong.

I mean, I love Madonna and Lady Gaga ( nobody will ever top Madonna as a performer to me ), but I have to be honest when I say Kylie impresses me more vocally with the strength of her live vocals, and her range

By the way, how do you work out what the notes are, that's incredible ?
Yeah, I deffo think Kylie has the better voice of the two, though I do like Madonna's

Haha XD Well, I'm quite musical anyway, Piano and Sing, so I know what sort of area they are singing in, and my piano is in the same room here, so I just go over to there and play around in that key and find the notes.

Honestly, it's not as impressive as my friend. You can sing a note, she can just hear what note it is in her ears straight away - that's incredible!!

Hit me with something else - I'm quite enjoying testing myself haha. I surprised myself with those two videos because I guessed them before I played them.