www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 07-03-11, 18:48   #521
IceColdLaraCroft
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by scion05 View Post
Some of the costumes on the tour are horrific. The show looks amazing, but she's never ever had costumes look as cheap or tacky as the condom-head shower-cap or the dress that looks like it's made from easter-egg foil.

The rest of the costumes are the usual amazing though.

How dare you! Take your Madonna spandex-leg-warmer-wearing ass out of my thread!

Calling Dolce & Gabbana cheap!

[IMG] GIFSoup[/IMG]

Last edited by IceColdLaraCroft; 07-03-11 at 18:51.
IceColdLaraCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-11, 18:49   #522
BrandonFlowers

Her outfits are always amazing.
BrandonFlowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-11, 18:53   #523
scion05
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceColdLaraCroft View Post

How dare you! Take your Madonna spandex-leg-warmer-wearing ass out of my thread!

Calling Dolce & Gabbana cheap!
LMAO, Dolce and Gabbana isn't all that expensive, I've actually found their stuff in charity shops

But seriously, most of her costumes are amazing, but those two that I mentioned are just blah. It's asthough they give her certain costumes as an excuse for not moving around a lot. Her energy seemed higher on Homecoming and X than this show, in terms of running around / singing. I don't want to see her dance, she's never been a dancer.
Old 07-03-11, 19:00   #524
Nenya awakens
Tomb Raider

So fussy!
Old 07-03-11, 19:10   #525
IceColdLaraCroft
Tomb Raider

Quote:
LMAO, Dolce and Gabbana isn't all that expensive, I've actually found their stuff in charity shops

But seriously, most of her costumes are amazing, but those two that I mentioned are just blah. It's asthough they give her certain costumes as an excuse for not moving around a lot. Her energy seemed higher on Homecoming and X than this show, in terms of running around / singing. I don't want to see her dance, she's never been a dancer.
Take a look at the "illusion" video i just posted on the last page and see what you think about her dancing

The "bathing cap" outfit is a reference to ester williams. A hollywood actress from the 1940s that made movies the involved heavily choreographed synchronized swimming. At the end of the "Aphrodite: Les Follies" show kylie gets in a REAL fountain.

As for the shinny iridescent dress. I love it she performs "Confide in me" in that dress and so she doesn't have to move around.

it's still better than that Gaga wears.

And have you seen the tour? If not how can you make judgments?

D&G IS expensive..when you finally find it in a bargain bin that's b/c someone else donated it or sold it.
Old 07-03-11, 19:15   #526
scion05
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceColdLaraCroft View Post
Take a look at the "illusion" video i just posted on the last page and see what you think about her dancing
It's alright but it doesn't really make me go wow.

Quote:
And have you seen the tour? If not how can you make judgments?
I'll be seeing it twice next month. I'm not judging the show I'm just saying her costumes don't look like they're at the regular standard she'd normally have...

You know, you don't have to be so defensive about a concert. It's a concert. It's going to be seen by thousands upon thousands of people, people are going to have various opinions on it. I'm sure you have opinions on concerts you've not seen yourself, like X and Homecoming etc.

I'm not starting an argument, I'm just saying you don't need to be at a concert to have an opinion on it.
Old 07-03-11, 19:19   #527
IceColdLaraCroft
Tomb Raider

Quote:
It's alright but it doesn't really make me go wow.

I'll be seeing it twice next month. I'm not judging the show I'm just saying her costumes don't look like they're at the regular standard she'd normally have...

You know, you don't have to be so defensive about a concert. It's a concert. It's going to be seen by thousands upon thousands of people, people are going to have various opinions on it. I'm sure you have opinions on concerts you've not seen yourself, like X and Homecoming etc.

I'm not starting an argument, I'm just saying you don't need to be at a concert to have an opinion on it.
I've seen all of Kylie's tours

Her costumes on the X tour were MUCH worse

wtf is this!?

Old 07-03-11, 19:22   #528
scion05
Tomb Raider

I mean't seen them in person! LOL. Did you see her before the USA tour? My first concert ever was Homecoming, hence why I think it's awesome lol.

I love the top costume, but the bottom one I agree with! That whole section was a little... well you know how it was!
Old 07-03-11, 19:31   #529
IceColdLaraCroft
Tomb Raider

Quote:
I mean't seen them in person! LOL. Did you see her before the USA tour? My first concert ever was Homecoming, hence why I think it's awesome lol.

I love the top costume, but the bottom one I agree with! That whole section was a little... well you know how it was!
In person. I've only seen the US tour.

And that whole "copacabana section" was 'eh' lol

btw if you want to see the tour this guy has AMAZING quality in his videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/the6thday#p/u/0/iymhL3IFmO4
Old 07-03-11, 19:38   #530
scion05
Tomb Raider

Lol, I've been following tour videos since opening night, infact I was reading twitter all night on the opening night

Basically I think this tour looks great, but not quite as good as Homecoming or X, musically or visually. But I do think it's her best yet vocally.

@ the opening number: I wonder how many people will think that's Kylie live before she hits the stage singing the lyrics

Last edited by scion05; 07-03-11 at 19:39.
scion05 is offline   Reply With Quote